Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Windermere, Florida (Next to Mickey Mouse)
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

rolling Best cutter these days?

I have had a Cricut for what feels like millions of years! I want something new! What do people recommend? I would like something that can use at least up to 12x12. TIA!
    Vicki

Mummy to Rebecca (15 yrs), Zoë (12 yrs) and Finley (9 yrs)

Dedicated Scrapper scrappinsilly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Are you just fed up with the cricut? I also have the cut n boss and loads of dies. I just got SCAL working again with my cricut so am really happy. I do believe the silhouette is a good machine tho. Hope this helps x
    Bren

I'm a Pop Dot

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    The Silhouette Cameo uses 12 x 12 card as does the ScanNcut

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    im still rocking my original robo. i got a cricut when i worked a michaels, so i could demo it properly, and its ok but you are limited to what you can cut on it cos it only cuts what you have cartridges for. yawn. how often do i use the same die ever?
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I recently replaced my old Cricut Expression with the Cricut Explore and I love it, it's a far better machine. I've never used cartridges and I used to use SCAL on my old Cricut to cut out my own designs or others that I downloaded. With the Cricut Explore that's not needed. Though you can still buy cartridges for it if you wish (or buy individual designs from the Cricut store) you can also use jpg, gif, png, svg and dxf files that you've created yourself or downloaded from the many free sites online. It used to be a pain having to fiddle with the speed and pressure settings to get them right for the material you were cutting but that is done away with too, replaced with a simple dial on the machine that you turn to cardstock, paper, vinyl, etc. The quality of cut is far superior to the old Cricut machines too, I'm chuffed with mine
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan99 View Post
    I recently replaced my old Cricut Expression with the Cricut Explore and I love it, it's a far better machine. I've never used cartridges and I used to use SCAL on my old Cricut to cut out my own designs or others that I downloaded. With the Cricut Explore that's not needed. Though you can still buy cartridges for it if you wish (or buy individual designs from the Cricut store) you can also use jpg, gif, png, svg and dxf files that you've created yourself or downloaded from the many free sites online. It used to be a pain having to fiddle with the speed and pressure settings to get them right for the material you were cutting but that is done away with too, replaced with a simple dial on the machine that you turn to cardstock, paper, vinyl, etc. The quality of cut is far superior to the old Cricut machines too, I'm chuffed with mine
    Does the Cricut Explore do print and cut?

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Yes, it does. There's a (long but thorough) video of it's print and cut compared to the Silhouette here.
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dan99 View Post
    Yes, it does. There's a (long but thorough) video of it's print and cut compared to the Silhouette here.
    Thanks I shall take a look. I have the silhouette cameo at the moment. I do love it but would be interesting to compare it with something else as I have never owned anything different.

Windermere, Florida (Next to Mickey Mouse)
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappinsilly View Post
    Are you just fed up with the cricut? I also have the cut n boss and loads of dies. I just got SCAL working again with my cricut so am really happy. I do believe the silhouette is a good machine tho. Hope this helps x
    Not fed up, it's just getting a little old. I don't even know how long I have had it, I got it as soon as the Expression came out, so however long ago that was. I have never used it with SCAL, kept meaning too but have always been happy with the few cartridges I have.

I am very tempted now with the Explore, especially the air version as I don't have space for my laptop and Cricut to be together so I always end up having to move one to the other.

Thanks everyone!
    Vicki

Mummy to Rebecca (15 yrs), Zoë (12 yrs) and Finley (9 yrs)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Just ordered the Scan n cut ( for my birthday ) - not used anything except steel cutting dies for years so will let you know how I get on

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    I was quite happy with my original Cricut...... Till I read this!.. May need to get the Explore!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The more i keep investigating the circut Explore the more i am wanting to swap my silhouette cameo for one. Its my 50th birthday soon so i might get treated to one. I have to say it is starting to win me over quite a lot for the more ease of use than the cameo.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have ordered one. See how it compares to the Cameo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    I have ordered one. See how it compares to the Cameo
    Oh Helen I hope you're not deserting our cutting machine group

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Personally I have a Silhouette Portrait as I rarely buy anything larger than A4. I love it!!