Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Hi Mary-Anne, so sorry to hear you have been unwell.
    I was directed to this post from a post on Facebook, can't think when was the last time I was on UKS, I fell away from scrapbooking as found the back stabbing and bitchyness just to much, thankfully those people and blogs now appear to have faded into the background and I'm slowly coming back into this creative environment. I will make more of an effort to visit here and hope you continue to run the site. Only you can decide if you feel like doing that though.

You started something great when you created this, let's hope it can be great once more.

Best wishes. Roz xx
    Roz

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    I'd hate to see UKS go, although like a lot of others I've had a few issues (health, financial and business problems) which led to my scrapping mojo and enthusiasm going on an extended holiday.

Recently though - I was persuaded to dust off my cutting mat and trimmer and get on with making a few pages - but as well as scrapping mojo going on holiday - my photography went on its hols too and I'm in the position of having pages finished and waiting for a suitable photo to finally finish!

Thanks for the hard work you do keeping the site going MaryAnne - and heres hoping that your health is on the upswing too!
    Carolyn

Girl with a mission to SHOP..... joolsmicra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Sorry to hear about your health issues....hope this year is much better.
    I don't come back too often,mainly when I need to know something (BASIC GREY FINISHING...WHO KNEW????YOU DID HERE!) I loved the site and almost lived on it at the beginning, as all the names were familiar,Photos of peoples families were almost as recognisable as our own, and we met at Bonanza, scrapaganza, scrapaholics crops etc etc.. Groups didn't suit me, as it was like being at a party with everybody knowing each other,with little old me wandering aimlessly and eavesdropping! When I scrap, I come on here, but then life takes over for another year, I come back and find shops gone, magazines gone, companies gone...its very sad.. ..I still work through the threads,look at the sponsors, and if I need to know something I can ask on here...I suppose now I use it like the library,not as I used to,like a social club. I think MaryAnne, you MUST do what is best for you, but I would miss it!
    Jools x
    Flyers Newbie CJ's....all three finished! Whoopee!

Girl with a mission to SHOP..... joolsmicra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Sorry...just re read my post...sound very eeyore-ish...its a late night...sorry!
    Jools x
    Flyers Newbie CJ's....all three finished! Whoopee!

I love playing with paper! stuff's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Hello,

Thought I would say hi, it's been a while. I pretty much gave up scrapbooking in 2009 and collecting stash around 2011! Last year with a change of job and re purposing of the shed I picked it up again. I did use to spend an awful lot of time on here.

I have been back on here a few times though mainly to look in shop till you drop. I'm amazed by how quite it is but then I guess Pinterest, FB etc.... I do love this dedicated place though and hope it continues.

Steph

PS Sorry I can't work out how to change my signature below- CTM are unfortunately another store that is no longer...

Well chop my legs off and call me a squatter.... Harrys_Gal's Avatar
    Somewhere over the Rainbow... unfortunately not anywhere near the pot of gold !!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    This has been an interesting thread to read ..... mainly because I too am slowly crawling from the woodwork.... I have been trying very hard to get myself back into scrapping again after a few years off and of course the fabulous memories I have of UKS when the boards were buzzing and I used to log on several times a day to get my daily fix... looking at all the wonderful layouts and making like minded friends would be fabulous to be able to do again. If I am honest I think the biggest thing that 'killed' UKS for me was the introduction of the social groups, many people I chatted with disappeared and conversations faded

I would be incredibly sad to see UKS go but of course MA your health and family must take priority. I am going to make an effort to post more on the boards in the hope that I can recapture some of that buzz UKS once had. Personally for me I am getting fed up with facebook and once I have completed my degree I may well break from facebook for a while..... I primarily use it for my Open University groups, great discussions that help with the study. I have to agree with others RE Cyber crops I did find the weekend ones quite intense and hard to join in with .... and I would find it even harder nowadays ....

I hope we don't lose UKS as its a great source of inspiration and information.