Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Heidi Minc Hot Foiler

Hi

Wondered if anyone had a Minc hot foiler and if so can you cut out a die cut using a regular die cutting machine and then hot foil it? Also can you die cut a shape out of 1mm grey board and then hot foil ?

Cheers
    Nic

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Bikercat, here's how I foil die cuts without a Minc but using a zyron & the ordinary foil - not the hot foil stuff.

First run a piece of card through the Zyron ( I use the Creative station Zyron which takes stuff up to 225 m wide (8 3/4" ) Remove the the shiny topping & trim any excess backing paper. Then run it through again so you have BOTH sides covered with adhesive. Again take of the shiny covering & trim. Now cut your die. Then remove the backing paper on the front of the cut piece- if you have lettering this is easy to determine because you can read the letters!!! Finally apply your foil shiny side up on the revealed adhesive & burnish well & gently peel away leaving your foiled die cut which has an adhesive back. You can just foil the front if the die cut is relatively large & easy to glue down but for lettering the front & back method is much easier.

Hope this is of some use.
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi
    Sorry for the delay in replying to your post, thanks it was a great help. I have just been watching a u tube video of someone stamping a butterflies onto a gift tag using PVA glue instead of stamp ink then putting foil on the top and running it through the Minc machine. So I assume you could do the same thing with a die cut etc.

Nic

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Print your own Toner Page

If you have a laser printer you can print a page of black to use for die cutting. With any graphics programme you can create a large rectangle and fill with black. Print it out on your printer and use this for your die. I have the Minc Mini. I mostly use the number 3 setting with a printer paper carrier. This gives me better results than using the plastic carrier that came with the Minc.

Dipping in and out! Kamilicrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikercat View Post
    Hi
    Sorry for the delay in replying to your post, thanks it was a great help. I have just been watching a u tube video of someone stamping a butterflies onto a gift tag using PVA glue instead of stamp ink then putting foil on the top and running it through the Minc machine. So I assume you could do the same thing with a die cut etc.

Nic
    Nic did you ever try this? I have just bought the Minc machine and wondered if PVA works? Does it have to be dry before applying the foil? Thanks Kim
    Grandmothers are just antique little girls