If You've Got the Time, We've Got the UKScrappers.

Magical

by Mary Buttons

Driving across america

by scrapdolly

Dec week 1

by sharon1973

Wigwam motel

by scrapdolly

So Pretty

by Mary Buttons

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping > The Library

Notices

ATDML banner

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)

Blog Bits archive

MARCH 2nd

Layouts: An adorable page by sutty to kick us off this month, I just the houses for the background; and here's an equally adorable page by ScribbleMonster. Next we visit Jakesmum who has joined in the UKS Stash Busting challenge with a super page. I couldn't help but smile at sponsor Scrappyjen's description of her 'four unashamedly fussy, layered, bright, in your face, chuck it all on the page layouts'. My March sketch challenge is here MiniOwner.

Cards: Male cards are not the easiest so I was pleased to find this one by Krafty Karen; have a look around while you are there - Karen has some of the cutest Christmas cards, too. A fine example of 'if at first you don't succeed' by Misteejay whose third attempt at a birthday card for her mum is just beautiful - I am very into owls at the moment. How lovely to find a Valentine's card that isn't pink and mushy; this one by CoventryAnn is just the ticket. And, if you need cheering up at this dreary time of year, Mystic Nat has a gorgeous bright and summery card to share.

Other projects: I'd have loved to be in the swap that got lemonblossom's ATCs! Soojay shows us the versatility of a large woodgrain stamp and if you have a poke around you'll find some fabulous cards there too. Don't miss Misteejay's 'snap, crackle & pop' technique boxes. If you've a mind to make a Memory Album you will undoubtedly be inspired by katalytic who has combined her love of creative writing with her love of scrapbooking. I love this tag by jazz27 but don't go there if you are arachnophobic Oh and there's still time to join the Blue Brads' winter photo scavenger hunt; Susibee has a few photos here to share - including an amazing cobweb! Finally, for the pure joy of reading a beautifully written blog have a browse of ScribbleMonster's writings.
    BtCR 2019 card tally 45

View Gallery

April 5th

Layouts: Welcome to April's Blog Bits which we kick off with a page by Jake'smum, super bold colours which are right up my street. Next up CoventryAnn's page caught my eye as she has used stains on Kraft with fab results. Soojay has been using up scraps to make a delicious page - I love the bunting and the big white heart. A nice idea here by Jimjams to use punched shapes to make a page border and a nicely uncluttered multi-photo page, to boot. Some (sort of) Project Life inspiration here from Sian and, last but not least for LOs, MiniOwner's monthly sketch challenge .

Cards: I absolutely fell in love with these cards by efemera. A bit late for Easter, I know, but this dizzy bunny of MystikNat's will make a cute new baby card, too. Susibee is brilliant at keeping up with my blog challenge to Beat the Christmas Rush; will you join in too? How about some really pretty stamping and masking, by here be dragons? And, to finish the card section with a bang, a stunning exploding box shared by Laura Godfrey. Did you see what I did there?

Other projects: If you are looking for a new technique visit whoopidooings' blog and see how she made this gorgeous tag with Windsor Newton Ink and a sprinkling of sea salt. My Envelope Punchboard is my number 1 favourite piece of kit at the moment so I can't resist showing you a giftbox used by Misteejay to demonstrate its versatility. MaryAnne has a printable pdf of filler cards for us using a super unusual font and Alexa has done a great job on some templates for photobooks. If you like to hoard empty boxes take a look at elainevking's gorgeously decorated iphone box - only one of a few fab projects on her blog post. And, finally, bet you'll be as envious as I am of efemera's visit to a Kate Crane workshop - Effie's makes are just stunning.
    BtCR 2019 card tally 45

View Gallery

May 4th

Layouts: We start May's Blog Bits with this eye-catching layout by elainevking - I love the black and white with a splash of lime. I think layering can be tricky and sutty shows how it can be done with flair! Oh and some more super layering from Maggie B, too. Susibee has blogged a great page she did for a weekly challenge here on UKS; I adore the scattered embellishments. If you need a bit of a kickstart try a sketch (and maybe a challenge) check out MiniOwner's too.

Cards: I'm so liking the beach theme in Efemera's blog post which includes this super card. Scrapmate UK shows us a really effective way to use a stencil background and there's a super get well card on Mystic Nat's blog and you won't help but smile at WeirdCat's Grumpy Monkey card . Some gorgeous Christmas cards using hexagons here by butterbee who joined in with MiniOwner's blog challenge to Beat the Christmas Rush; will you join in too?

Other projects: Lucky MaryAnne got this amazing ATC in a recent swap! And, staying with ATCs, a couple more for a swap by lemonblossom. Misteejay has been enjoying a mucky play day with mica powder, texture paste and vinyl , or if you're into sci-fi look no further than Jazz27's blog; there's a challenge there, too. Elainevking has shared a very pretty altered cocoa tin. Some great birthday banners feature in soojay's blog post. Follow the link to Bullet Journalling in this post by ScribbleMonster and while you are there take a tour round her beautiful blog.
    BtCR 2019 card tally 45

View Gallery

June 1st

Layouts: An adorable vintage layout from craftzboutique starts our June Blog Bits. Elainevking very successfully took herself out of her comfort zone with a multi-photo page in response to a challenge here on UKS and some zesty pages from jimjams show how to incorporate bold and bright into your scrapping. If you are wondering about dabbling with digi take a stroll trough scrapdolly's blog - she does digi with style and if you like a sketch challenge (or just a sketch) to get your mojo working check out these two blogs, littlechubblies every Sunday and MiniOwner on the first of each month. And our final layout, a page to make you smile by sutty

Cards: I'm seeing 'super heroes' everywhere at the moment and this card by Mystic Nat really caught my eye. Always on the lookout for 'dark' ideas for my Goth niece I was pleased to find these Gorjuss cards by katylamb which fit the bill perfectly. You will definitely say 'wow' when you see this amazing exploding cupcake box by elainevking and butterbee has made two delicious cards for one-year-old twins.

Other projects: I love this little sewing kit by littlechubblies which would double up as a card for a sewing friend. There are some stunning ATCs on soojay's blog and MaryAnne has me intrigued with the art of bookfolding. Have you got crafting tools gathering dust? CoventryAnn inspires us to dig out an unloved Bind-it-all with her home-bound scrapbook. In a recent swap I was the lucky recipient of one of these fabulous matchbooks by susibee. Misteejay takes us into the world of grown up colouring and, to finish with a flourish just look at ScribbleMonster's planner!
    BtCR 2019 card tally 45

View Gallery

July 6th
    Welcome to the new home of Blog Bits - for July anyway! You can claim 20 bonus points for any project inspired by a Blog Bits entry, but don't forget to post it in the gallery before August's post is up. Post a link here too if you like.

We begin July's post with this gorgeous layout by katielamb showing a way to use a mask on a beach page. Next up a we go to CoventryAnn's blog for a fun use of recycled packaging. If you are not digi fan scrapdolly's blog might just sway your opinion - she has some fabulous pages to share - do go and have a nosy and staying with digi, sponsor dawn inskip has some really beautiful digi kits. Amanda Jane has a monthly scraplift challenge on her blog and don't miss MiniOwner's monthly sketch challenge. And our final layouts are by Anything but Ordinary who has included four great pages in her 'Me on Monday' post.

I just love this card of soojay's - I'm a coffee addict, how could I not?! Some pefect cards for men by Krafty Karen and, staying with Krafty Karen, she is now hosting 'Beat the Christmas Rush' - hope you'll join in the monthly linky. Do you have stash you are wondering whether or not it's worth keeping? Jane3865 wondered the same and revisited her old dies and stamps to make some lovely cards. I can't resist a pop up card in a box nor can I resist a penguin, real or chocolate LOL, so including this card of susibee was a no-brainer!

How pretty is this recycled jam jar by misteejay? If you have every intention of getting yourself organised with a planner (hmm one day!) then MaryAnne's freebie printables should get you started. MaryAnne also has some map printables you might like. Make your own washi tape and baker's twine with this tutorial by cariad 1. Clever! Winterbaby joined one of our swaps on UKS and altered a not-to-her-taste tin with she art. Still with UKS swaps how about these tags by lemonblossom? Id have loved to get those in a swap!
    BtCR 2019 card tally 45

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

Blog Bits archive

This thread archives the Blog Bits posts for 2015

7. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (03-03-2016)

+ Post New Thread