Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Thread: Which glue?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Which glue?

I've always used hotfix crystals for my card making but I've recently ordered the wrong ones and ordered NON hotfix by mistake.

I don't want them falling off cards after I've sent them in the post so was wondering which is the best glue to use to keep them secure. I'd be grateful for your advice

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

A dot of glossy accents should do the trick.
    Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Like Ruth, I also find Glossy Accents very good for crystals and pearls. I even use it on the ones which are pre-glued because they tend to slide in the post. Mind you, Cosmic Shimmer works really well too. I recently used it on a wedding invite which I was posting as a trial run (posted it to myself) and the invite arrived wrecked by Royal Mail but have to say the embellishment didn't move at all.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for replies, I've got some Cosmic Shimmer in so will try that, but will add Glossy Accent to my wish list for future reference

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes I'd go for glossy Accents too. and if the surface you are gluing on is at all smooth/shiny I'd gently sand it to provide a key for the glue. You can use a pin & just do a few cross hatchings. This is what I do with my mixed media pieces & jewellery makes- also secures knots !!!!
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Interesting - well to me anyway I remembered there was a post on this topic in the Library. Had a look. Yes, it is old, and may not include ALL the adhesives out there,but there was only one link that was dead (which I deleted) and the rest of the are still good.

Check it out here - and let me know if it was at all useful. As I weed out the post in the Library, it would be super helpful to know if there is a good one!