August week 2

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - 9th Aug

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - Aug 2nd

by sharon1973

Happy families

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > Scrap Like You Mean It challenge

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

SLYMI full list of Shim's posts

Happy Thursday to you and welcome to another challenge...
    this week:
    Scrap with a needle and/or thread!

No sewing necessarily required -- it could be as simple as tying some thread around a page element -- that's what I did in my page here!

Or go ahead and get stitch happy and sew away by hand or machine!

Or use this as an opportunity to scrap a story about stitching, like if your mum or gran taught you to sew or you have something handmade that really deserves a page of its own.

If in some way you can say your page involves a needle or thread, then you are good to go!

And don't run off to scrap JUST yet -- do check THIS out! Indigo Mill have a guest challenge coming up and they've put together a fabulous kit for you!! Run and get one while you can!

Once you're done with that, it's time to SCRAP LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

Don't forget to remind your friends and teammates about the challenge!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday to you and welcome to another challenge...
    this week:
    Scrap with a needle and/or thread!

No sewing necessarily required -- it could be as simple as tying some thread around a page element -- that's what I did in my page here!

Or go ahead and get stitch happy and sew away by hand or machine!

Or use this as an opportunity to scrap a story about stitching, like if your mum or gran taught you to sew or you have something handmade that really deserves a page of its own.

If in some way you can say your page involves a needle or thread, then you are good to go!

And don't run off to scrap JUST yet -- do check THIS out! Indigo Mill have a guest challenge coming up and they've put together a fabulous kit for you!! Run and get one while you can!

Once you're done with that, it's time to SCRAP LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

Don't forget to remind your friends and teammates about the challenge!

View Gallery

Good morning and welcome to a new challenge for this week!
    And your challenge...
    should you choose to accept it...
    is...
    Scrap with THREE.

Three photos, three big accents, the number three, three patterned papers, three colours...whatever you want to pick, we better find 3 of it!

I used three photos on my page and you can find it here!

This week, we have a prize from Creative Treasures, so be sure to get your page in the gallery before the end of next Wednesday, and be sure to start your title with Week 29.

And there's still time to pick up the kit from Indigo Mill that is custom made for next week's challenge...run, run, run to get one of the last kits!

View Gallery

Wait. THIRTY? We are THIRTY weeks in?
    Really?
    For some reason that is a little reality check for just how fast time flies!

But moving right along...we have a GUEST challenge this week!
    Our lovely sponsor Indigo Mill challenges you to
    SCRAP your INDEPENDENCE!

Now, now necessarily in some sort of stars and stripes way, but by thinking about the idea of independence as it pertains to you. You could scrap about a time when you gained some independence for yourself -- moving out from your parents, getting a job, learning to ride a bike -- or you could scrap about how you see your children gaining independence as they grow up and scrap about their pocket money, responsibilities at home, what they want to be when they grow up. Or focus on something that makes you feel happy, self-sufficient or maybe even a little opinionated!

Guest designer Lou (x looby x here on UKS!) focused on the independence she gained from wheels! Check out her layout about her car!

If you haven't grabbed one already, go get this week's kit to help you out - you may be able to snag one of the last kits if you're quick on the mark!

And then get scrapping, because this week Indigo Mill will reward one lucky scrapper with a pizza box of goodies! Be sure to get your layout in the gallery before 11:59pm next Wednesday night and to put Week 30 in the title!

Happy scrapping!!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday and welcome to our thirty-first challenge of 2009! This week, something up to your interpretation:
    Scrap something old, new, borrowed or blue!

You can manage to fit all of those things into one layout or just pick one of the four! Scrap a wedding photo or ignore the wedding connotation entirely!

I'm working on my page right now and will be back to post it in just a bit!

This week you should also check out this bargain of a kit from A Trip Down Memory Lane! They are sponsoring our challenge two weeks from now and have put together a little something special for your stash!! Go get one now!

If you need a little boost to your creativity this week, there's also a big scrapping party happening over at shimelle.com alllll weekend. I hope you'll drop by to catch some of the fun!

Have a fabulously scrappy week!

View Gallery

It's Thursday and we're back with a new challenge!
    This week...
    Write in White!

Or actually, any light colour on a darker colour -- the challenge is to reverse the norm of writing with a black pen on a lighter coloured paper. Use a white or pastel pen, get out the letter stickers, stamp with a white or pastel inkpad or use your printer to create a block of text in reverse! Something that turns the habit of a black or brown pen in reverse this week!

You can see my layout here.

And don't forget there is a kit for next week -- go get it now at A Trip Down Memory Lane!

I'll be back to post last week's wrap-up late tonight as must dash to catch my train!
    Have a great week!

View Gallery

It's Thursday so we're back...and this week with a guest challenge!
    A Trip Down Memory Lane challenges you to...
    Scrap a square within a square – take a piece of cardstock or paper that is the same shape as you finished layout format but smaller. Scrap your layout onto that and then add it to your normal sized layout. (Or if you scrap 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 6 then scrap a rectangle within a rectangle!

Think you're up for it? Let's show 'em what you're made of and scrap like you mean it!

Mel's layout is attached here so you can have an idea to start!

At the end of the week, ATDML will choose a layout to win a box of goodies, so make sure your layout is in the gallery by the end of next Wednesday and labelled with 'Week 33' so you don't miss out! Also -- check out the details for their autumn retreat!

Plus I have a little challenge for you as well! With the height of summer holidays upon us, our group is getting smaller and smaller each week! This week, please take a second to tell at least someone about this challenge! See someone on a thread worried they've lost their mojo? Send them here! Chatting with your UKS teammates? Challenge them to participate in this week's challenge. Have a scrapping friend who isn't a UKS regular? Let them know about SLYMI! It would be great if we could help encourage a few more scrappers this week -- and thank you SO much to those of you who have been scrapping like you mean it since you found the challenge! You definitely rock!

Have a fabulous week!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Happy Thursday Scrappers! Welcome to a new challenge...
    SCRAP FROM THE SKETCH

A few of you may be *ahead* for this challenge, actually! Because I also mentioned it here last week! You can see a variety of layouts there to get you started with ideas.

Starting with this sketch, what can you come up with? Use it as-is, turn it around, change it up -- let loose from this starting point and let's see how everyone's layouts end up unique!

Digital and hybrid girls, you may find this link extra useful as there are TWO free digital downloads so you can start with this sketch as a layered PSD template.

And as this sketch was featured in Scrapbook Inspirations, there's always the chance that they might feature your layout from this sketch on their blog or in print.

Before you disappear to your scrapping supplies, also check out THIS KIT from sponsor Scrapping the Magic. They will be challenging you in week 36 and they've put together a sparkly kit in two colourways. Get one while they are still available!

Have a fabulous week!

View Gallery

Good morning ladies! It's Thursday so there's a new challenge for you...can you manage to...
    SCRAP A BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND
    ?

That might mean pictures from this weekend coming up or a long weekend in the past that is sitting in your 'to scrap' collection!!

Paper, digi, hybrid...whatever you fancy, as long as it involves a lovely long weekend! And of course, hope your long weekend is lovely, starting tomorrow!

A few other things for you...
    Have you grabbed a Scrapping the Magic kit for our next challenge yet? Get one while there is still time!

And if you fancy something a little different, I hope you'll join me for Learn Something New Every Day -- it starts on Tuesday right after the nice long weekend!

Have a fabulous week!

View Gallery

This week we have a guest challenge! Here's our guest, Jo from Scrapping the Magic:

This week Scrapping The Magic challenges you to Scrap Something Magical.

Everyone's idea of something that is "Magical" is so different. One of the first things that obviously springs to my mind is my favourite Magical Place - Walt Disney World in Florida, But also the simple daily "Magical" things - like a Baby being born, a Magical sunset, a Rainbow, Magical Christmas, Lapland, Snow, Birthdays, something simple like a Magical smile of someone you know that lights the whole room up, could be something spooky like Witches and Halloween etc. I am sure that you will know just what "Magical" means to you ...

Scrapping The Magic also runs Monthly Disney Scrapbook Challenges and the theme for September is also "Magical" so if you are scrapping Disney photos then please do feel free to enter their challenge also. There is a £15 prize for the winner and 10% discount offered for everyone else who enters. More details can be found here

Thanks so much for joining us, Jo!

And now...it's time to get scrapping!!

View Gallery

Another guest challenge for you this week...
    and Karen from ArtCards challenges you to
    SCRAP WITH METAL!

Here's Karen:
    Want to kick start your creativity after a long summer with the kids? Well this challenge should do just that so come and join us and Scrap using Metal!! You can use lots of it as in the Mini book cover, or just accents as in the Layout but just use some metal somewhere on your project that you have created and lets see what exciting things you can come up with. Don’t forget that you could use packaging supplies etc. on this Challenge so you can ‘Go Green’ as well as be creative J There will be a prize for one lucky entrant chosen by me at the end of the week so come on and have some FUN!!!!!!!

ArtCards has a great range of Metal products available on the website HERE including Tools, Roller Sets, Design Sheets, Mats, Metal Strips, Metal Rolls, Metal Sheets, Brads, Memory Frames and so much more and with our Huge Summer SALE in full swing it’s a great time to pop over and see us. If you have any questions about any of the Metal working tools then please let me know and I will be only too pleased to help.

See Karen's layout here!!!
    AND her metal-covered mini here!

So will it be brads or eyelets? Or do you have some older metal stash that is begging to be put to good use? How about a label frame or some wire? Or metal tape? Have an idea for plain old tin foil?

Scrap whatever you would like, but put some metal in there somewhere!

At the end of the week, Karen will be choosing a winner to get a prize pack of goodies from ArtCards, so make sure your layout is in the gallery and labelled as Week 37!

Happy scrapping!!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday and welcome to a new challenge!
    SCRAP A LESSON LEARNED
    (well, or learnt. which ever you prefer - both allowed by both SLYMI and the OED!)

School has been back in session for a few weeks so it's time to check in with something *you* have learned, whether it was a big lesson or a small one - a serious lesson or something funny!

And if you've been working on a Learn Something New album, well then you are totally allowed to 'cheat' and post something from your book - as long as it's something you've made between today and the end of next Wednesday!

...a great kit coming up for a new challenge -- catch this pack of autumny goodies from Skrapz while you can!! Good stuff!!

....and have you checked out the details for the retreat with A Trip Down Memory Lane? You might find a bit of a SLYMI challenge right at your cropping table! Check it out here.

Ready, steady....SCRAP LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday and welcome to a SLYMI guest challenge! This week's special guest challenge comes from Craft Superstore! Here's their challenge:

Why do so many people dislike their own handwriting? After all, it is said to be a reflection of our own personality; something that can be analysed to reveal who we really are. Whether you scrap with the minimum of embellishments for a clean, graphic look, or you prefer to layer up papers, ribbons and adornments to really fill your pages, your scrapbooking style reveals more about you than you realise.

So really, there is no need to shy away from leaving your mark on your layouts, a little something of yourself for future generations. Get out your pens and write and doodle on your layout for this week’s Scrap Like You Mean It challenge. Handwrite your title, add journalling strips, as I have done, doodle a border or write the whole story by hand; however you want to rise to the challenge, we’d love to see your layouts!
    You can see Sam's sample layout attached here to get you started!

Plus how about some SHOPPING?!! There are TWO kits to grab this week!

This kit from Skrapz coordinates with next week's challenge. Order now and you'll have it in time to get started next Thursday!

This kit from 3 Jolly Scrappers coordinates with the challenge in two weeks. It's a great way to get some birthday photos scrapped!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday (and happy OCTOBER?!) to you! This week our guest challenge comes from lovely sponsor Skrapz! They challenge you to...
    SCRAP IN AUTUMN COLOURS!

They have a kit to get you started and here's a layout they created with the kit to inspire you this week!

And...be sure to get your page in the gallery before the end of next Wednesday as there is a PRIZE up for grabs this week! Make sure your page is labelled with 'Week 40' in the title so you can be in the running for a box of goodies!

Skrapz have just a few spots left for their fab Skrapztacular weekend retreat this November -- click here to get all the details and sign up!

In other announcements...
    *This kit from 3 Jolly Scrappers coordinates with next week's challenge. It's a great way to get some birthday photos scrapped!
    *Craft Superstore will be by a bit later today to post their round-up and favourites from Week 39!
    *Have a fabulous October and SCRAP LIKE YOU MEAN IT!!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday to you! This week our guest challenge comes from lovely sponsor 3 Jolly Scrappers! They challenge you to...
    SCRAP A BIRTHDAY!

They have a kit to get you started and I've attached a layout they created with the kit to inspire you this week!

And...be sure to get your page in the gallery before the end of next Wednesday as there is a PRIZE up for grabs this week! Make sure your page is labelled with 'Week 41' in the title so you can be in the running for a box of goodies!

Skrapz will be by a bit later today to post their round-up and favourites from Week 40!

Have a fabulous week and SCRAP LIKE YOU MEAN IT!!

+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast