Aug19 _ Friday 5 _ 2nd

by new2this

Aug19 _ Friday 5 _ 9th

by new2this

Eli at Legoland

by Mary Buttons

Go Fish - August Week 2

by g61

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > Scrap Like You Mean It challenge

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

SLYMI full list of Shim's posts

Shall we cue the eerie music as we start week thirteen of the the year?!
    This week's challenge...

SCRAP WITH STAMPS!

Use any stamps you like, any ink you like, any technique you like...but give stamping a try!

This week there's a fabulous prize to be won...lovely sponsors ScrapaGoGo will be sending one of this week's participants a box of lovely goodies! You've got to be in it to win it -- make sure your entry is marked as 'Week 13' and is in the gallery before the end of next Wednesday! One winner will be drawn at random to win the prize.

I've started us off with a few stamped layouts in my gallery and am ready to get stamping this morning to keep up with this week's challenge!

Ready, steady...STAMP!

View Gallery

A new challenge for a new week...one with a bit of mystery!

Scrap something hidden!

Two very different ways you could take this...scrap a topic that's hidden, like the contents of a memory box, a book or film you love but can't bear to let others know you own it or an old letter you keep in a safe place...OR...HIDE something ON your layout! With that option, your topic could be absolutely anything, but you'd need to get create with pockets, layers and interactive wonderment.

Can't wait to see what you come up with this week! Something a little different!

Be sure to tell your friends and teammates about this week's challenge!

Happy scrapping!

(my apologies to those who normally check this board very early...the internet is not liking me, but have managed to post on my phone! but can't load a photo that way...and need to catch a train. is it going to be one of those days? hopefully this is the worst of it, eh?! thanks for your patience.)

View Gallery

Hey! I'm back in England, with internet and electricity! There are significantly fewer crepes and croissants perhaps, but I think it means all things go for SLYMI!

And this week's challenge is to....
    Live...
    err, I mean...
    SCRAP
    on the EDGE!

Lots of ideas for this one...
    *Use a paper with a diecut edge
    *Use a border punch on the background, any of your papers or a photo
    *Attach something so it hangs off the edge of the page (like a tab at the top)
    *Use a digital frame to enhance the edges of your photo
    *Use paint or ink to distress or colour an edge of something
    *Take something and cover the outside edge of your layout or the edge of your photo, like covering it in buttons, brads or ribbon
    *Doodle around the edge of something
    *Use pop dots with a frame to create a raised edge
    *Take sandpaper or a nail file to the edge of your photo or cardstock
    *Punch holes along an edge and thread through ribbon or fibre
    *Sew along an edge

What other ideas do you have?

Just going to go post the two wrap-up posts and I'll be back here in a little bit!

Ready, steady...SCRAP LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

UPDATE!

Bubbly Funk has a special SLYMI kit on sale here! The kit relates to the challenge for week seventeen...so if you fancy a little Easter treat, then hop on over! The kit is just £3! Bargain!

Also...be sure to check the wrap-up posts for the last two weeks -- they are posted at the end of each week's thread. Week 13 has a winner who needs to claim her prize!

View Gallery

Week sixteen :: Scrap in the Morning! (Prize week!!)

A funny little challenge for you this week...

Scrap in the Morning!
    {and you can even win a prize for scrapping so early!!}

You can scrap anything you would like in any style you would like with any products you like, but the time that you use to scrap it should end in an AM rather than a PM!

That might mean you get up a little earlier to scrap a page before everyone gets up...or it might mean you stay up a little later and scrap past midnight! Or it might mean you take a slightly early lunch break to stick on some embellishments! But if you're not normally a morning scrapper, you can use this just-the-once opportunity to see if your creativity is stronger or sleepier at a different hour than normal. If you almost always scrap in the morning, then don't you worry...you'll get your challenge later in the year!

Keep in mind that you have all week, so if scrapping early on a weekday sounds impossible, then you could always use it as an excuse to declare to everyone you know that Saturday or Sunday morning is reserved for uninterrupted scrapping this weekend! Well, it's worth a shot, right?

If your mojo doesn't seem to be working at an early hour, give yourself permission to take inspiration from a favourite layout in a magazine or online and see if that gives you a kick in the right direction.

This week's PRIZE comes from supercool sponsor Scrapitude! One layout posted to the SLYMI gallery with 'week 16' in the title will win a box of goodies posted to your door! Deadline is 11:59pm next Wednesday, as always!

Remember, Bubblyfunk has a Kit on sale for next week's challenge! Just £3!

By the way, SLYMI and UKS sponsor Indigo Mill has a retreat coming up! All the full weekend spots are sold out but you might be able to snag a day pass! Check it out here, which includes info on future dates too.

Here is the page I made this morning!

Happy Thursday and happy scrapping!

View Gallery

Well done on last week's get-up-and-scrap challenge! You'll be happy to know we're back to something that can be done at any time you wish this week!

AND it's a guest challenge, so you can't blame me if you find this one tricky!

Our guest challenger this week is Caroline from BubblyFunk!

"This week's challenge is to create a layout using lace and layers!

Build up your page creating lift with sticky pads, adding bulkier embellishments and revealing hidden layers. So this isnít a flat layout, it's very tactile, three-dimensional and using layer upon layer.

And donít forget to add a little lace somewhere on the page!"

Caroline also made a page to get your inspiration started -- see it here and leave her some comment love!

If you purchased a kit from BubblyFunk, you should have everything you need to complete the challenge - though you are free to mix in your own stash if you like. If you didn't purchase a kit, you can still play with your own stash! Find something a bit lacy and then go to town with those layers. Digi girls, I'm sure you are pros at those LAYERS but you may need to do a little searching to find your perfect piece of digital lace!

And of course, Caroline has come up with a prize for all of you too! She will be judging the layouts this week and her favourite page will win a pizza box of goodies! Make sure you label your layout with Week 17 in the title and upload it to the Scrap Like You Mean It gallery before 11:59pm next Wednesday night! She will choose her favourite from those who do!

A few other announcements while I have you here!

Happy scrapping to all those going to the Indigo Mill Retreat this weekend! You may find yourself with a challenge or two while you are there - so remember to Scrap Like You Mean It!

And...Skrapztacular 3 is getting very near! It's May 1-3 in Shropshire, and scrappers will have a SLYMI challenge or two while they are cropping! Book a place now if you need a lovely weekend away!

Both retreats have future dates if you fancy something further ahead on the calendar, so do take a look.

That should be all for this morning! Happy scrapping!!!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday to you...here's this week's challenge:

Scrap the Outdoors!

Use any photos you like as long as they feature something that is not under a roof! Camping, fishing, the beach, the pool, the flowers in your garden, the kids at the park...anything that is outside qualifies.

I've started us off with a layout here (please excuse the exceedingly poor photo this week as my real camera has died)

Another exciting announcements for this week:

Last week's wrap-up and winner will be posted by our guest challenger Caroline from Bubbly Funk. Check the end of that thread later today for results! Thanks Bubbly Funk for all your help over the last few weeks!

This week we have a prize from the superduper Craft Superstore! Make sure your layout is in the SLYMI gallery with 'week 18' in the title before the end of next Wednesday to be in with a chance at winning stash this week!! Thanks Craft Superstore!

And if you're scrapping away this weekend at Skrapztacular, you better be prepared for a challenge or two! They're taking SLYMI straight to you at the retreat. See details for this weekend and future dates here. Happy scrapping to all who are heading to Skrapztacular!

I think that will do it for today! Head to your photo stash and find something outside in the sun or rain or snow!
    Happy Scrapping!

View Gallery

Hellohello scrappers! A new challenge for you...

this week,
    SCRAPLIFT A PAGE FROM THE SLYMI GALLERY!

Choose any page you want from the 1600+ layouts in the Scrap Like You Mean It gallery - absolutely any page you like! - and use it as the inspiration for a layout of your own!

When you upload your page for this week, label it as Week 19 and include a link to the page you lifted so we can see too! It would be supernice if you left a comment for the person who inspired you, so you can make their day too!

I've got a little prize from shimelle.com to go to a lucky winner this week! Make sureyour page is up by 11:59pm next Wednesday night to be in with a chance!

And how about some...SHOPPING? ScrapaGoGo are sponsoring the challenge for week twenty-one, and they have a fabulous kit you can order here, assembled especially for those who scrap like they mean it! Get those orders in - once they are gone, they're gone! (You will be able to participate in week 21 with your own stash if you prefer.)

And once again, my apologies with the later schedule today. Some students about to take their GCSEs thank you...they came into school at 7am today for the extra lesson!

Happy scrapping!!!

View Gallery

Gooooood morning scrappers! Are you ready for a new challenge?
    This week, your challenge is...
    Scrap with a Pen!

Use your pen to outline page elements, to handwrite journaling, to creatively sketch your title, to doodle away...whatever you would like, but make sure you pull out a pen of some sort before that page is finished!

This week one lucky scrapper will be chosen at random to win a prize pack from lovely sponsors A Card 4 U, so make sure your layout is uploaded to the gallery before 11:59pm next Wednesday with 'Week 20' in the title so you can be entered to win!

And...make sure you check out THIS KIT for next week's challenge! Gorgeous die cut papers, beautiful ribbons and a fabulous alphabet just for starters -- and enough in the kit to keep you going after you finish next week's page for sure! You can order it here!

Have a fabulous week of scrapping like you mean it!

View Gallery

A guest challenge for you this week -- from ScrapaGoGo!

Scrap a Song Title!

See an example from design team member Nicola Kerridge here to get you started!! Pick any song you like to set the theme for your page.
    ETA: all kits are now sold - but do play along with your own choice of stash, of course!

Happy scrapping!

Fancy scrapping for a good cause this weekend? That's what they are doing at Cleo Crafts this Saturday -- a 12 hour crop for Action Cancer! Last-minute spaces may be available, so check it out if you're in Cleo's neck of the woods!

Okay...prizes for last week will be posted around lunchtime today. See you then - must dash!

View Gallery

Gooooood morning scrappers!!! We're back with a new challenge this week and this week we have a new....
    SKETCH!

Your challenge is to create a layout inspired by this sketch in some way.
    And this time the sketch is almost as bare as can be.
    Can you handle the minimalism?

Let's see if you choose to stick to the minimal one-photo design OR if you end up adding more pictures, bigger pictures or extra embellishments! The choice is up to you.

Digital girls can download the layered template for photoshop or photoshop elements -- click here to download.

Paper girls just scrap away - the sketch is attached below!

Here's my layout to get the ball rolling this week.

And before you go...check out this kit from Cleo Crafts! This kit suits our challenge in two weeks -- the 11th of June -- and the kit is on sale now! Happy shopping!

Can't wait to see what you create this week! Be sure to spread the word to your friends and teammates that there is a new challenge up -- and anyone is welcome to join in whether they started in week one or they are starting now!

Have a fabulous week and be sure to scrap like you mean it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Gooood morning scrappers and happy Thursday to you! It's week 23 and we have a new challenge...

Scrap a Self Portrait!

That's right...you need to take a picture of yourself or find a picture of yourself you've taken before and get it on a scrapbook page! Here are a few ideas to get you started...
    *Remember, a self-portrait doesn't have to be a head and shoulders shot. Although we would love to see your smiling face, we understand if you're not jazzed about that! Try photographing your hands, your feet or some other interesting crop that tells a little about you. You can even photograph scars or birthmarks as a means of showing something uniquely you.
    *Also remember, the beauty of digital means you can take three hundred shots and end up with a good one! If your first few shots aren't what you hoped for, don't get stressed out...just try something new. Change the angle, the lighting, your clothes, the background...whatever will make you feel your best in the photo.
    *Read an article or two or three about shooting successful self-portraits: one, two, three.
    *Fancy just inspirational self-portraits to give you some ideas? well this will blow your mind. there's also this and this to give you more variety.

And we have a prize this week! One lucky scrapper will win a prize pack from AngelCrafts! Make sure your layout is in the SLYMI gallery by 11:59pm next Wednesday night and that the gallery title starts with 'Week 23' so you can have a chance to win!

I'm off to finish my layout this morning and will be back to post it today!

Other announcements for you this week:

Next week's challenge has a kit! You can find it here -- order now so you're sure to get one and have it in time for next week's challenge!

Are you going to the GoGoGetaway this weekend? So am I! Be sure to say hello!

Or are you closer to Shrewsbury? Skrapz is cropping this weekend and you can join them on Friday and/or Saturday - see here for details!

And if one challenge a week isn't enough inspiration to keep you going, how about a challenge every day for a month, each with a prize to win? That's what's going on at shimelle.com for all of June: A Month of Colour! Stop by and take up a challenge or two!

Okay...off you go with cameras a-clicking! Happy scrapping!

View Gallery

This week we have a guest challenge from Cleo Crafts...and the challenge is...
    Scrap with Felt!!

Louise from Cleo Crafts has started us off with the layout attached! You can also find a few last kits here.

Cleo Crafts also has a prize pack ready to send to one lucky winner, so make sure your layout is in the gallery with 'week 24' in the title by 11:59pm next Wednesday night to be in with a chance of winning the goodies!

And thanks to CC for sponsoring SLYMI this week! Happy scrapping!
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Greetings and aloha scrappers! It's Thursday so time for a new challenge!
    This week...
    Scrap with blue AND green!

Annnnnd there's a prize pack this week from Total Papercrafts, so be sure to get your layout in the gallery by the end of next Wednesday!!!

It's one of my absolute favourite colour combinations...I love how it mimics the horizon with green grass + blue sky!

I'm on holiday this week so no layout for you I'm afraid - but I'm sure you'll manage! And CleoCrafts will be by to announce winners and favourites from last week!

Happy scrapping and I'll catch you next Thursday!

View Gallery

Okay, I've double checked my maths and this week we really are halfway through 2009! And this week's challenge will be easy for some and troubling for others...
    Scrap with Stickers!

Letter stickers, word stickers, flower stickers, border stickers, butterfly stickers, hello kitty stickers...you name it: if it's a sticker, then you're playing by the rules!

Digi girls...you can count 'sticker-like' digital elements, as in pretty much anything that is a stand-alone png/jpg that you would paste into your layout.

It's a quiet week for crop announcements but I'm sure I can rustle up a prize pack for one layout this week - so make sure your layout is in the gallery before the end of next Wednesday and has 'week 26' in the title!

Ready...steady...Scrap like you mean it!

View Gallery

this week's challenge seems like a good one for all this sunshine....
    SCRAP a HAPPY STORY!

Silly, serious, little or grand - just make sure it's a HAPPY one!

I've uploaded my happy layout here! Apparently circles make me happy (especially if I can add in some scallops!)

It's a quiet week for crop and kit announcements again, but I do have a little prize for this week's challenge, so let's see (and hear!) your happy stories and pages.

Have a great (and happy!) day!

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast