With A Name Like UKScrappers, It Has To Be Good.

August sketch challenge

by scrapdolly

Aug19 _ Friday 5 _ 2nd

by new2this

Aug19 _ Friday 5 _ 9th

by new2this

Eli at Legoland

by Mary Buttons

Go Fish - August Week 2

by g61

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > Scrap Like You Mean It challenge

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

SLYMI full list of Shim's posts

As it's the first of the year there are new projects galore -- new goals, new plans, new energy -- and that includes right here at UKScrappers!

Every week in 2009, UKS will help you scrap like you mean it by setting a page challenge with ideas to inspire you to get creative. Whether you've been scrapping like mad and loving it lately or feeling a bit out of it and letting your papers gather dust, we hope you'll make 2009 the year that YOU will scrap like you mean it. Just check in here every Thursday for that week's info and make a page any time in that week. That means fifty-two layouts for your albums in 2009 without even trying! Plus you'll have the UKS community cheering you on.

Throughout the year we'll offer a range of challenges including page themes, sketches, techniques to try and brainstorming sessions. There will be a special section to the UKS gallery (link coming very soon) so you can identify your pages from this project and see what everyone else has made all in one spot. And from time to time we'll offer something special -- prize drawings, crop games and special guests just to start.

So we hope you'll join us and encourage your UKS friends and teammates to join in too, as we make 2009 a year of LOVING this scrapbooking thing that we all do! Ready for this week's challenge??!!

WEEK ONE :: SCRAP IN YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR!

Sure, we could challenge you to scrap your resolutions this week but Scrap Like You Mean It is about having FUN, so we're going to start with something a bit more light-hearted! Your page can be any theme at all -- you just need to pull out the papers and embellishments in your stash that are YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR and get them on a layout!

Make your page any time this week and upload it to the gallery. (I'll come back and edit this post with the updated gallery info ASAP!) As a BONUS for week one, everyone who posts their favourite colour layout before midnight next Wednesday night will be entered into a prize drawing to win a pizza box prize package filled with scrapping goodies!

My favourite colours are pink and green, so here's what I scrapped for week one...can't wait to see your pages as we start a whole new year of scrapping!
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Scrap Like You Mean It :: Week 1 Wrap Up + Week 2 Challenge

We're off to a fabulous start -- more than a hundred layouts in the gallery for the week! Hurrah!

The winner of our week one prize pack is this layout! Cassia, email me with your address so I can get your pizza box sent out to you!

I also wanted to share a few favourites as I looked through the gallery! Have you seen these fabulous pages?
    Not Too Bad (Actually, it's brilliant!)
    No Real Resolutions
    Mr & Mrs
    Boxing Day Walk
    Plus there are ton more great pages in the gallery, so I hope you'll take a few minutes to have a looksie!

Which leads us on to WEEK TWO!

This week's challenge:
    Scrap with hearts or stars!

Your page can be any size, any subject, any colour, but we want to see what you can do with hearts or stars or both! Maybe one big heart or even a star shaped page...or dozens of tiny hearts or stars. Stamp them, punch them, draw them, paint them, find them in your patterned papers....whatever you fancy!

When you complete your page, please take a picture and upload it to the Scrap Like You Mean It gallery. Start your title with 'Week 2:' so we can see which pages go with which challenge, pretty please!

I've uploaded my page here to get things started!

Happy scrapping! And remember to spread the word about this week's challenge -- have you told your teamies or messaged your scrapping friends to check out Scrap Like You Mean It?

View Gallery

It's Thursday morning -- time for a new Scrap Like You Mean It Challenge!

Week Two has seen over a hundred layouts with hearts and stars! Hurrah! Thanks so much for your participation! Here are a few that really caught my eye this week:
    Young Love (beautiful from start to finish!)
    You are my Star (love the way she arranged the photos!)
    Olympic Champ (definitely a cool story!)
    I Wanna Be A Rockstar (fab way to use up lots of stash!)

Are you ready for the new challenge?
    Week Three...
    Scrap with chipboard!

Your page can be about anything you fancy, just dig into your chipboard stash and put something to work! If you're scrapping digitally, use the equivalent in pixels -- those pieces that look like they are popped up off the page. Your chipboard can be letters, accents, or handcut to be whatever you like! Leave it plain, paint it, sand it, emboss it, layer it...just put your chipboard to work!

My page is in the gallery here. I mixed some pieces I still had from my very first chipboard purchase (clearly I was saving it because I thought they wouldn't make any more?! Don't worry...they are still making plenty. Let's use it!) along with a brand new set of chipboard letters I just bought the other day! I always find if I mix a bit of the new with a bit of the old, the old stuff isn't noticed...of course now I've gone and told you so you'll probably all be laughing at all my old stash now!

And BIG NEWS! We have a prize this week!!! One lucky scrapper will win a prize pack from our lovely sponsor A Card 4 U! And you have to be in it to win it, so make sure you play along:
    *Create a layout with chipboard
    *Upload it to the Scrap Like You Mean It gallery
    *Start the title of the layout with 'Week 3:' (and then you can add your page title after that).
    *Make sure it's there no later than midnight next Wednesday night!

All layouts that follow those guidelines will be entered into a drawing and one lucky name will be pulled out to win the prize!

Okay...time to get started scrapping! But I'll be back later this morning with a little something extra for you too, so check back!

Happy scrapping!!

Love and glitter,
    Shimelle.~*

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

As it's the first of the year there are new projects galore -- new goals, new plans, new energy -- and that includes right here at UKScrappers!

Every week in 2009, UKS will help you scrap like you mean it by setting a page challenge with ideas to inspire you to get creative. Whether you've been scrapping like mad and loving it lately or feeling a bit out of it and letting your papers gather dust, we hope you'll make 2009 the year that YOU will scrap like you mean it. Just check in here every Thursday for that week's info and make a page any time in that week. That means fifty-two layouts for your albums in 2009 without even trying! Plus you'll have the UKS community cheering you on.

Throughout the year we'll offer a range of challenges including page themes, sketches, techniques to try and brainstorming sessions. There will be a special section to the UKS gallery (link coming very soon) so you can identify your pages from this project and see what everyone else has made all in one spot. And from time to time we'll offer something special -- prize drawings, crop games and special guests just to start.

So we hope you'll join us and encourage your UKS friends and teammates to join in too, as we make 2009 a year of LOVING this scrapbooking thing that we all do! Ready for this week's challenge??!!

-- from Shimelle's original post.

Week One:

WEEK ONE :: SCRAP IN YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR!

Sure, we could challenge you to scrap your resolutions this week but Scrap Like You Mean It is about having FUN, so we're going to start with something a bit more light-hearted! Your page can be any theme at all -- you just need to pull out the papers and embellishments in your stash that are YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR and get them on a layout!

Make your page any time this week and upload it to the gallery. (I'll come back and edit this post with the updated gallery info ASAP!) As a BONUS for week one, everyone who posts their favourite colour layout before midnight next Wednesday night will be entered into a prize drawing to win a pizza box prize package filled with scrapping goodies!

Week Two:

Week 2: Scrap with hearts or stars!

Your page can be any size, any subject, any colour, but we want to see what you can do with hearts or stars or both! Maybe one big heart or even a star shaped page...or dozens of tiny hearts or stars. Stamp them, punch them, draw them, paint them, find them in your patterned papers....whatever you fancy!

When you complete your page, please take a picture and upload it to the Scrap Like You Mean It gallery . Start your title with 'Week 2:' so we can see which pages go with which challenge, pretty please!

Week Three:

CURRENT CHALLENGE:
    Week Three...

SCRAP WITH CHIPBOARD!
    There's a prize this week! See this post for more info!

Check out the Scrap Like You Mean It gallery here!

-S.

View Gallery

...our week three wrap-up is posted here so check out our winner and some great pages from week three!

But now for week four....
    SCRAP FROM THE SKETCH

Just a few times over the year, our challenge will involve a sketch and this week is one of those!

The sketch is attached here...and all you have to do is use it as the inspiration for your layout! Your layout can be on any topic, any size, any colour...but use this sketch as your starting point. You can turn it, flip it, piece it back together or leave it just as it is...whatever you fancy!

You have all week to make your layout and load it into the gallery. Start your title with 'Week 4:' so we know which challenge you've finished!

And see if you can take time to cheer a friend on this week!

Happy Scrapping!

Love and glitter,
    Shimelle.~*

View Gallery

A new challenge for week five...
    Scrap in Black and White!

That might mean a black and white photograph or it might mean lots of black and white papers and embellishments. Or maybe even another way you can interpret the idea of black and white!

This week we have a prize up for grabs from fabulous sponsor Make the Moment Last! To be entered in the prize drawing, create a layout for this week's challenge, upload it to the Scrap Like You Mean It gallery and start your title with 'Week 5:' then the name of your layout. Deadline for prize entry is midnight next Wednesday night!

Can't wait to see how you're scrapping this week! (It's nighttime here so I need to wait until the morning to photograph my layout. Eeep! Don't report me to Mary Anne!)

View Gallery

I know my early birds are there waiting, so I wanted to get this challenge up here so you can start thinking...

This week we're scrapping with ribbon!

I've started the gallery off with this page and can't wait to see what else you upload!

**Crop News**
    SLYMI and UKS sponsors ArtCards will have a special SLYMI challenge at their crop on the 28th of this month! There are a few spaces still available -- check here for details and to book your space!

**This week's prize**
    Not a layout prize this week but something a little different! One lucky person will win a shimelle.com prize pack just for mentioning SLYMI in their signature, then chatting on UKS. With the cybercrop this weekend, there's bound to be one or two opportunities for chatting! To be considered in the drawing, add the Scrap Like You Mean It logo image (as seen in my sig below) and/or the text line 'In 2009, I'm Scrapping Like I Mean It: [insert number here] layouts and counting!'
    Throughout the next week, we'll be looking for these on the boards and someone will be randomly chosen to win.
    Good luck!!

View Gallery

Hello again and happy Thursday to you! Hopefully you've recovered from the cybercrop and you're ready for this week's challenge...

Scrap an Old Photo!!

It can be 'reallllly' old or just 'kinda' old...it just can't be recent!

I've added my page here -- can't wait to see yours in the gallery!

Don't forget to remind your teammates and friends about this week's challenge.

Happy scrapping!

View Gallery

Welcome to week eight and we have a special guest!

Our challenge this week is set by lovely sponsors A Trip Down Memory Lane, and they challenge you to...
    CUT A PHOTO!

Think I'm talking crazy-talk? I promise this is what they challenge you to do, and here's their challenge inspiration to get you started!

Use the wording of the challenge however you would like...silhouette the subject like the example or find another way to put your scissors or craft knife to work, but somehow, some way cut that photo this week!

And to go with their challenge, they've also offered a PRIZE!
    All layouts added to the SLYMI gallery before midnight next Wednesday night with 'Week 8:' at the start of their title will be put into a drawing and the randomly chosen winner gets a pizza box of goodies from A Trip Down Memory Lane!

Time to put on your thinking caps!
    Thanks ATDML!

View Gallery

We're up to week nine and this week has a new challenge...

SCRAP WITH A PUNCH!

Any layout, any theme, any punch, but punch something! Borders, shapes, corners...just one little punch or dozens and dozens. You decide!

I uploaded a page with my favourite punch of all time...here.

In other news this week...

Artcards will have a Scrap Like You Mean It challenge at their crop this Saturday!

And a special kit from CraftyTemplates goes on sale today! This kit coordinates with the week eleven challenge. (Yep, you can still participate in week eleven without the kit...but if you fancy a bit of fun, check it out!)

Have a fabulous week and SCRAP like you MEAN it!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

just a summary

Week 1 – scrap in your favourite colour
    Week 2 – scrap with hearts or stars
    Week 3 - use chipboard
    Week 4 – scrap from the sketch
    Week 5 – scrap in black and white
    Week 6 – scrap with ribbons
    Week 7 – scrap an old photo
    Week 8 – cut a photo
    Week 9 - scrap with punches
    Week 10 – scrap a funny face
    Week 11 – scrap with fabric
    Week 12 – scrap from a sketch
    Week 13 - scrap with stamps
    Week 14 - scrap something hidden
    Week 15 - scrap on the edge
    Week 16 - scrap in the morning
    Week 17 - scrap with lace and layers
    Week 18 - scrap the outdoors
    Week 19 - scraplift a page from the SLYMI gallery
    Week 20 - scrap with a pen
    Week 21 - scrap a song title
    Week 22 - scrap from the sketch
    Week 23 - scrap a self portrait
    Week 24 - scrap with felt
    Week 25 - scrap in blue and green
    Week 26 - scrap with stickers
    Week 27 - scrap a happy story
    Week 28 - scrap with a needle and or thread
    Week 29 - scrap with three ..
    Week 30 - scrap your independence
    Week 31 - scrap with something old,new, borrowed, blue
    Week 32 - write in white
    Week 33 - scrap a square in a square
    Week 34 - scrap from the sketch
    Week 35 -

View Gallery

We are officially on WEEK TEN of 2009!?! And still going strong with pages!

This week's challenge:
    Scrap a Funny Face!

Either find an existing photo of someone who has made a silly face for the camera OR get out your camera and challenge family, friends or yourself to a silly-face-pulling contest! Either way, this week, we want to see happy, silly pages in the gallery!

I'll be back later this morning with my page, but wanted to get this posted for the early birds!

Happy Scrapping!!!

View Gallery

This week we have a special guest challenge and some special guest goodies if you're so inclined...our special guest designer is Miss Julie Kirk...or Nabview as she's known here at UKS! And our sponsor this week is Crafty Templates! And they challenge you to...

SCRAP WITH FABRIC!

You can see Julie's layout here or download a PDF here. For some inspiration on getting started with the fabric sundae kit that was announced two weeks back. They sold pretty quickly BUT Leo has packed up more and there are several options available here if you would like a fabric sundae for yourself! Or use your own fabric stash if you have some on hand! Or what the heck, give yourself permission to cut up some old piece of clothing that you (or a family member) never wears but you can't bear to part with because you like the fabric!

The sky is the limit for what you can do with your fabric on the layout. Stitch it, glue it, print on it, stamp on it, paint it, use it flat or with lots of dimension...do whatever you fancy as long as we can find some fabric on your layout! Crafty Templates have also posted lots of tips on their blog to help you out, including a tutorial for covering brads in fabric!

Our special guest designer will be choosing this week's winner and highlighting her other favourite pages in the wrap-up at the end of the week, so be sure to get your pages in the gallery for a chance to win a pizza box of goodies from Crafty Templates!

Are you ready? Time to Scrap Like You Mean It!!

View Gallery

It's our twelfth week and we're up for a sketch this week!

SCRAP FROM THE SKETCH!
    This is one of my recent favourite sketches because it's so versatile...
    *you've got two big boxes of paper to work with -- solid or patterned.
    *or let that middle box with the rounded corners be two different colours/patterns!
    *the line down the middle can be ribbon, paper, tape, etc...
    *keep the line in the middle or make it off-centred
    *use one photo or a group of pictures
    *there's room for a nice big title or you can have a smaller title and have room for something stamped or rubbed-on to that side of the dividing line
    *you can leave it without extra embellishment or you can add it wherever you want
    *you can use pop dots or foam tape to make the entire centre of the layout stand out
    *you could punch fancy edges on the middle box or the line down the middle
    *you could make this a two page layout with the line representing the middle of your two page spread OR carry the middle box across both pages but add the line back in on one side

and pretty much anything else you can think of!

Our sponsor this week is 3 Jolly Scrappers!! They will be sending a prize to one lucky winner, randomly chosen from all the layouts posted in the gallery for this challenge -- deadline is midnight next Wednesday night as usual! Definitely go check them out this week!

Ready...steady...
    time to scrap like you mean it!!

View Gallery

It's our twelfth week and we're up for a sketch this week!

SCRAP FROM THE SKETCH!
    This is one of my recent favourite sketches because it's so versatile...
    *you've got two big boxes of paper to work with -- solid or patterned.
    *or let that middle box with the rounded corners be two different colours/patterns!
    *the line down the middle can be ribbon, paper, tape, etc...
    *keep the line in the middle or make it off-centred
    *use one photo or a group of pictures
    *there's room for a nice big title or you can have a smaller title and have room for something stamped or rubbed-on to that side of the dividing line
    *you can leave it without extra embellishment or you can add it wherever you want
    *you can use pop dots or foam tape to make the entire centre of the layout stand out
    *you could punch fancy edges on the middle box or the line down the middle
    *you could make this a two page layout with the line representing the middle of your two page spread OR carry the middle box across both pages but add the line back in on one side

and pretty much anything else you can think of!

Our sponsor this week is 3 Jolly Scrappers!! They will be sending a prize to one lucky winner, randomly chosen from all the layouts posted in the gallery for this challenge -- deadline is midnight next Wednesday night as usual! Definitely go check them out this week!

Ready...steady...
    time to scrap like you mean it!!

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast