Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Suggestions please? Best friend scrapbook

Hi all

I am looking to make a scrapbook for my friends 30th birthday. We have been friends since we were little but don't have many photos of us. I'm pretty new to scrapbooking so could you guys give me some suggestions for pages when I don't have many photos to use?

Thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You are still young so I expect your schools are still there!! Photos of your schools if you haven't any school photos with journalling about your time there? Photos of the outside of any disco/wine bars/etc that you used to go to and comments again....
    If you can't take photos of places that you went to there is always google and you will probably be able to download some information/photos!!!
    You could also do '10 things why she is your friend'!!!!! One is probably that...she will always be your friend because she knows too much!!!

Good luck...your friend will love it when you have finished it!!!!!

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Some great ideas there. Your friend will love it...you could do aspects of her life..like photos of her favourite cocktail? favourite book? Favourite chocolates...shoes etc... Or family photos.. Sister to.... Daughter of.... Cousin of..... You could use photos off Facebook if she is on there.
    Whatever you decide I'm sure she will love it.

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Not having lots of photos of each other shouldn't be a problem, you could make a pages about the year she was born, what was number one in the charts, how much a loaf of bread cost or what the fashions were and such like and then the schools you went to with bits of info about the teachers you had and the things you got up to... anything along those lines will make it interesting and fun.
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

View Gallery

Thanks guys, they are great suggestions & I'd never have thought of them!

I like chocolate, I like shopping, but best of all, I like cropping! izzy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    What about times you went to pop concerts, theatre, holiday, days away, etc. You may not have pictures of the two of you at these events, but you can download pictures from the internet and then do the journalling.

e.g. one of my friends took up SB when her children were grown. She always remembered her son being so delighted with his new FROG wellies that he slept with them on for the first few days. So we found apicture of frog wellies and then recorded the memory. It turned out that he had totally forgotten about them but it is now one of his favourite pages!

You really just need a trigger for all the things you have done together

have fun ... you will probably get as much pleasure out of making it as your firend will in receiving it

View Gallery

Just a thought,
    Get a few of her other friends to write something about her, and how they met, also what they used to get up to, and ask her family, they may have pictures of when she was littl

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Don't forget to share pictures of your scrapbook Love all the suggestions that you've been given.