Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Girl with a mission to SHOP..... joolsmicra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

miserable december daily!

I started my December daily in early November, planning to use all my Christmas stuff and loads of bling.It was going well.However, then My Mum in law died, and I was concerned about putting her funeral in the book, but if I didnt it wouldnt be a record of this december........we then had a poorly livery horse which had to be put to sleep.....yesterday I had a phone call to say my cousin had died unexpectedly......If you were me would you just give up??? keep things seperate, just put happy things in?
    Jools x
    Flyers Newbie CJ's....all three finished! Whoopee!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Hmm, difficult! Sounds like you're having a horrible time of it at the moment. Personally, I only ever put in positives in my December daily, but take my advice with a pinch of salt because I've onto ever completely finished one!

I try to keep the DD to help me focus on good bits of the run up to Christmas and 'sanitise' it of the bits that aren't so good. Only because I want to be able to look back at it and think about the tree decorating, the Christmas concert the kids are in and not the stresses of trying to find a parking space at the shops etc. I know those are banal things compared to what you're going through but I suppose it depends if you're going for more of a focus on Christmas or a record of your December?

Take care of yourself - I admire you for keeping going with your DD with all that's happening x
    Pauline x

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper Celtic Angel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Ah hun you are having a really difficult time of it, like Pauline mine documents more of the positives and less of the negatives, in the past when I've had a rough time I've documented elements but had them hidden away, so they are there as a record but not immediate to the eye as it were. If you are recording the season and feel you want to include this would be a way of incorporating it.

I wouldn't give up hun just decide how you will want to look back at it.

Hope life is kinder to you in the next few weeks than it's been up to now.

Hugs
    Virginia
    My Blog
    Secret Stocking Swap 2023

View Gallery

Why dont you leave a couple of pages blank and then put something positive in about the people you have lost when it is not so raw. That keeps it positive whilst still recording your decemeber

Christmas Stocking Swap 2017
    MIM

View Gallery

I think Im going to do a happy December, then put a written page in the back with the 'other side' so to speak.Its difficult, as normally I dont scrap sad/ traumatic events, but since I did project life, Ive felt a tiny bit pressurised into documenting everything! Ive got to get my head round this from a different angle, I think. I have felt it very relaxing to take photos of cards/ decorations etc. and play with glitter!
    Jools x

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Oh Jools.. I'm so sorry. Losing so much all at once is hard. I'm glad you found some respite in 'playing with glitter'. Take care Hun. x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Why dont you leave a couple of pages blank and then put something positive in about the people you have lost when it is not so raw. That keeps it positive whilst still recording your decemeber

I agree with this. I would look for some photo or memento that always makes you smile and include this. It does not have to be maudlin but a way of saying what has happened but knowing you have good memories too.

Time is likely to give you some perspective on how you want to complete the pages.

I am sorry you are experiencing these sad times. This is the time to be kind to yourself. Take care.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Why dont you leave a couple of pages blank and then put something positive in about the people you have lost when it is not so raw. That keeps it positive whilst still recording your decemeber .

This is a good idea. You can finish it at a later date with pictures and nice memories.

Sorry you are having a difficult time at the moment.
    My blog
    www.nanagin.blogspot.com

Better a creative mess than an idle tidiness.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Why do you feel pressurised to record everything? I know that although I've been an avid photo taker, when things are bad I take very few pictures. I have large chunks when my younger one was a toddler that there are next to no pictures at all because I was living in a place where I wasn't happy. I don't feel the need to document that at all. (He was lovely btw!)

I would record only what you want to now and add anything you want to later on if you feel ready to. A simple note to say that Christmas this year wasn't the same because you lost some close family is enough of a record without having to pour out your heart. Anyone looking at your scrapbook in years to come will understand.

View Gallery

Thankyou....Ive actually made a change , and its not december daily anymore! I figured if I just worked on christmas traditions and activities, and not a diary in effect, I would not feel quite so pressured to include everything! (its a hang over from project life, where I even photographed my washing pile!)
    Jools x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)
    That sounds like a good plan . Glad you've resolved your dilemma. It's easy to forget that it can be whatever we want it to be .
    My Blog

Claire