Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)

Distress paints vs adirondack dabbers

Have held out buying these as was not impressed with the dabbers - lovely colours but really annoying to use as they dry up and get clogged.
    However loving the colour palette of the distress paints and the reviews seem somewhat better than the adirondack dabbers.
    Any feedback would be appreciated before I splash out they are pretty pricey at £5 each!
    http://sedasspot.blogspot.com/

Oooooooo I'm addicted to stencils!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    My distress paints havent dried on the dabber at all and so far I've been really pleased with them. I've been a bit wary as one of my distress crackle paints has changed from a pale cream to a yucky green but if I get round to sending a photo to Ranger I've been told they'll replace it. That said I cant have been too wary as I've now got most of them lol. In fairness though I havent had a problem with the few adirondack dabbers I've bought though.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I'm trying to think of where I have seen daubber tops for sale in a pack of 5 or so. They weren't very expensive - maybe something like Panduro? can't recall. At some point I also remember that you could get tops to convert regular bottles of paint to daubber bottles. Frustrating that I can't seem to remember any real details I seem to find them all over the USA at cheap prices (hello? about £3 for 12 bottles with daubber caps and free shipping) but here in the UK they are mostly limited to graffiti art sites and almost £3 apiece!

Grrr.

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Ranger do do a replacement dabber top, we've got the 3pk labelled as "replacement distress dabber tops" but the bottles are the same sizes. Think they have just rebranded the packs as I have some of the original replacement tops in my stash which I've had for years.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I hate Adirondack dabbers and swore I would not touch the Distress ones, or at least not to be one of the early adopters who bought every colour available only to have wasted my dosh. I got sucked in anyway-- no regrets after a couple of months. Tim said that he left his test batch of Distress dabbers uncapped on a windowsill in Arizona in summer on purpose to test their longevity-- good enough for me!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    It's disappointing that the dabbers dry up (lighter colours seem particularly bad for it), but Ranger do seem good about replacing them if you send photos. I emailed them last month about 7 of mine that had dried up & they sent replacements within a week.

I have some of the new distress paint dabbers too & they are very nice to work with. The texture of the paint is different to the old paint dabbers.
    Sam

Scrap and Stickle team member

Choice Words and Tasteful Doings

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Thank you I'll try a few before going mad on them I think
    http://sedasspot.blogspot.com/

Oooooooo I'm addicted to stencils!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I got a few and I really liked them so I got a few more

I'm pleased with them so far. They give good coverage, dry quick and there are some good Youtubies on different techniques