Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper The-Butterfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Vinyl for wall stickers

Hi! Could someone advise what I'm looking for lol i am trying to explore the world of Vinyl, I'd like to use my portrait to make wall art stickers and car stickers, I never knew how many types there were! Is there a special name for the type I'm looking for, for stickers, sticky back vinyl? Does anyone know what actual store (not online) sells this? Like the range or something?
    Thanks in advance for replies
    Please visit and follow my blog!

http://colouredimaginations.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    There are a multitude of different vinyls for different things, I suggest you go to your local sign makers / banner printers /graphics company and ask if they sell vinyl ends of rolls cheap!! Most of them do or they will sell you scraps (that can be quite big!!) that you can practice on.
    As a rule of thumb, the thicker stuff can be used for walls and wood, medium for vehicles/banners and the very thin stuff for glass and perspex / plastic sheeting.
    Be aware though that most vinyl is not usually attached directly to a wall or panel of wood unless it is meant to be permanent or semi permanent, most can be removed with a hot air stripping gun and a bit of elbow grease though!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I used the ordinary vinyl that you can get in DIY stores, etc for Wall Stickers; stuff you buy either off the roll by the metre, o rpre-packed? It's been up in the kitchen for about 2 and a half years now and still looking good. Don't know if it would work for car stickers though. I know you can get Exterior vinyl. I did have a company in Notts bookmarked. I'll have a look later if no-one has a personal recommendation.
    Jude.x

Dedicated Scrapper The-Butterfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks both for info! Very useful. Didn't even think about the sign writers! Never noticed any before and after a google turns out there's one round the blinking corner lol
    Please visit and follow my blog!

http://colouredimaginations.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Could ask the sponsors if they sell it in shop till you drop here

Dedicated Scrapper - Tier One Sponsor - Country View Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    We have some adhesive vinyl here under Cricut Accessories. It can also be used on a die cutting machine. There are quite a few colours and I think there are some new colours out (we have not got those). I used it for a bin a while back
    Attached Images Attached Images