Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    The photos that most tug at my heart are the ones where I wasn't there. The ones taken at school, on trips or at clubs. The ones that make me realise how much of their life I have no part in.

Louise x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I love going through all the boxes of old photographs we have, we can spends hours and hours doing it.

One time I was showing my nieces (who were still young at the time) pictures of us all when we were younger including pictures of me in the 80's - remember the look - with big shoulder pads and big hair and I thought I was the bees knees and they asked if I was going to a fancy dress party LOL

I was always the one with the camera at nights out/holidays etc so thankfully now have loads of lovely memories to look back on.

New name - I married an Irving! Elaine Carter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I'm a happy bunny at the momemt as I've just had some old APS and 35mm films developed that had been put in a drawer and only recently discovered. I so enjoyed looking at the prints of my youngest son's 3rd birthday and many other memories. Photos are great!!

Elaine
    x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Here is one of my favourite photos...when Oliver was a baby he was a terrible sleeper so early in a morning my DH would take him downstairs so I could get a little bit of rest!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Raising money to find a cure for FOP Registered Charity in England and Wales 1147704
    http://www.friendsofoliver.com

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by renosparks View Post
    Here is one of my favourite photos...when Oliver was a baby he was a terrible sleeper so early in a morning my DH would take him downstairs so I could get a little bit of rest!
    My DH used to do exactly the same with Jack! Except we had a small futon in the laundry room and he found the sound of the dryer would lull Jack off so they would lay in there

Love that photo

View Gallery

I had twins the first time round - we soon bought a king size bed as the boys slept very happily with us! We always had them right at the top (where the pillows should have been) with their own blanket but then the advice was that they could sleep with you if you didn't smoke, drink etc - and no chance of being a deep/heavy sleeper with them in the bed.

One did suffer with colic but it was me that would get up as I was a SAHM whilst DH worked long hours back then.

Louise x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Maybe we should all share a favourite photo, on a layout or not. What ONE PHOTO never fails to make you well up, for happy or sad reasons? Go on then, share..... I did
    Not a single photo - but photos taken when my kids were off doing various clubs or activities. When they are little you are there for everything but as they get older you have a smaller and smaller part in their lives. But I know from my own parents how important a part it is

Louise x
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Helen, I'm there with you!
    I'm not a great photographer & am thankful that DH was a keen photographer in his teens & early 20s- although this was pre-digital!
    I think my love of photos & scrapping came about because of my Dad- he was not a great photographer but loved taking photos & cine film (some of these are really bad but he enjoyed it!). When I was little I used to love looking at Dad's scrapbooks (those black sugar paper albums) and my parents' wedding album.
    When we married DH & I started organising out photos. We used to put them albums & later scrapbook them in kids' sugar paper scrapbooks (I've rescued some originals & am in process of scanning- Phew!).
    DH's birthday is a week after our DD1's so he bought an early birthday present of a digital camera & therefore most of girls' photos are digital- although the 1Megapixel camera ones are rather grainy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I used to love looking at the very early baby photos so I made parallel mini-books of both my girls- they're not identical but the same themed photos are in them & the subjects in the same order. Every so often I will get them out & look at them- they contain some of my most precious photos of those first few days.
    Slowly & surely I'm scanning all my Dad's & Gran's photos (been on over 5 years as can only cope with it small batched when I have time- in between other projects & life!) I've got a few on here that I've scanned & scrapped myself from his albums.
    Jo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Like everyone on here I love scrapbooking but my true obsession is photo's like others I'm a child of the sixties so there are very few photo's of me as a child, and even less of my parents, not helped that being Londoners my grandparents lost all their photos when their house was destroyed in the blitz.
    There were no digital cameras when my son was little but I still tried to take photo's of everyday things but only one or two as people remember film and processing was expensive, (remember the enverlopes with the special offers, and waiting weeks for photos). I got a digital camera when my son was about 10 and started scrapping about three or four years later, I and still trying to catch up with what are know as 'The Books of Richard' in our house. He is now 22 and doing his PHD in physics (very proud Mum) I love all photos of him but the photos in this layout I love because there are not many of us together. They were taken on his last sports day at the village school before he moved up to secondary school!