Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Cricut???

Find out who you are and do it on purpose.. gosie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

Cricut???

I am looking at getting myself a cricut machine but not sure which one? would love to hear your fed back to help me make that decision
    Chell xxx

My Blog
    *~*Mojo Busters III CJHOME!!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Most of the larger format machines are being discontinued so I would avoid the ones that print and cut!!! I have a Create machine (6 x 12" format) but I recently bought a Silhouette Portrait machine. I was not happy with the attitude of Cricut's support when I lost over 40 projects because the virtual mats would not open, they said 'Sometimes it happens' ! Not a good answer after losing so much work!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Hi ya

I have 3 machines .. the original baby bug, an expression and the imagine .. I would defo steer clear of the imagine .. even though I have no probs with mine (touch wood) they don't make it any more. You can still get inks for it as they have given the HP numbers.

The most used machine I have is the expression .. I love this machine .. it can do so many things and offers a huge range of sizes .. if I was to have an option of only one machine, this is the one I would go for hope this helps

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    I started with a baby bug but soon found the 6in maximum cut too restricting for 12x12 scrapping so I bought an Expression which I love .

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I have the Cricut Mini, for me it's great because it doesn't take up as much footspace as an Expression but it only cuts 8.5" x by 12" AND you have to be online and logged into the Cricut Craft Room to be able to use the machine (ie you can't take it to your monthly crop and just bung a cartridge in ...)

However, the good side of using Cricut Craft Room is that you can link the cartridges you own and then weld images from different cartridges together to produce unique designs. It also gives you the opportunity to "audition" online the content of cartridges you don't have, to help you decide on new cartridges to buy (ie you can design with the contents of cartridges you don't own but can only cut images from cartidges that you do own and have linked/plugged into the machine). Craft Room also gives you a few free images every week to play with too, and (in theory) you can download digital cartridges (altho there has been some problems with using UK credit cards/addresses for this in the past).

I guess it all depends on what you are going to be using the Cricut for - if you are a dedicated scrapper always working in 12x12 and want to be able to cut borders/frames etc up to 11.5" square, then you need the Expression. If you can live with being able to only cut up to 8.5" x 12" then the Mini is your choice. If however you are purely a cardmaker, then the Original/Create is your choice as it cuts 6" x 12".

Have a look on www.cricut.com - there's loads of info on there on choosing the machine for you - and there's plenty of into on UKS too with the Cricut Common Room social group.

Good luck!
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    I have the cricut expression and I love it!
    Take care,
    Nickyx

Everybody needs a little help sometimes...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have the Expression too and I also love it
    Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Labradors

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Personally, once they sued the MTC and SCAL folk, and locked users in to the expensive carts, I would pick a Silhoutte/Cameo before a Cricut every time. I still have my original (bought used) Cricut and do run SCAL on it.

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    Must admit it would have been nice to have had the chance to play with SCAL, but then to be honest I don't really play with my Mini as much as I should - too busy doing other things!
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!