Sept colour challenge

by elainevking

Alice

by scrapdolly

Friday 5, 6th Sept

by sharon1973

Linked

by Mary Buttons

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Simple Recipes

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)

July Simple Recipes Extra Idea

Hi!

This month for the extra idea I've put together a technique using leftover alphabet sticker sheets.
    I was rummaging through what I had left in the kit I put together for the main layout for this month and the alphabet sheets I was using didn't have that many letters left over so I set about thinking of a way to use what was left on the sheet. I also had the embossing powder to use in the kit I put together and wanted to try including this as that's one of the items I don't use enough in my supplies.

I started off by cutting out a piece of paper to fit the front of the card I was making then cut out the letters I wanted from the alphabet stickers sheet, spelling out the message to fit the front of the card. This could also be a title on a scrapbook page or a message on a 4x6 card for Project Life style scrapping.

Peel the backing off the sticker pieces and arrange on the paper, I've left the edges not pushed down because I want to remove them from the paper after but they're stuck down enough that they're not going to move around.

Next I've used a Versamark inkpad, (clear embossing inkpad, I just bought a new one this week from UK Scrappers sponsor That's Crafty) and dabbed and brushed it over the top and around the letters so the ink is going through the letter making the leftover bit work like a stencil. At this stage you could also be doing this with a spray ink or mist instead of embossing.

Once the ink was over all the letters I've peeled them off the sheet then sprinkled on the embossing powder and heated with the heat gun to set the powder. The ink brushes I've left on for effect but if you prefer a neater look you can scrape off any excess powder you don't want before heat setting.

Finally for the finishing touch to my card I've added some brush strokes of the ink spray. I dabbed off the excess over the embossed areas with tissue to bring out the orange then heated it to dry it, turning the paper over and heating from underneath to flatten the paper back out.

The finished piece I've then just glued to a card blank and added some enamel dots to finish.

You can use this method for adding titles to pages or mini books or making your own project life style cards too. This look of using brush marks is also a trend popping up in many of the new products so it's a great opportunity again to see what you can create using products you already have or be able to enhance the new trend papers and embellishments using the same style to create your projects.
    Have fun!
    x Leo
    Last edited by CraftyPrincess; 21-07-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Leo

+ Post New Thread