Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)

When I think back .............

I think I might still be addicted ...................... to crafting. When I think back to June 2007 and that card kit I bought from Hobbycraft and I thought £18 was a lot of money for that kit and in that first week alone I went back 3 - 4 times and bought another lot of stuff and stamps (I probably haven't used YET) and then I discovered UKScrappers - BLIMEY I had NO idea what it would lead to..................I am still addicted to buying stuff on a weekly basis - sometimes on a daily basis - yes sometimes it's only £2 - £3 here and there, but some weeks it's £30 + over a month it's a lot of money - my stash grows at an alarming rate and I do use my stuff - I'm not one for hoarding or stroking (although I appreciate some of the wonderful patterns and textures etc etc).

I love it, love it, love it and rarely a day goes by without me doing some kind of crafting..........I hope it continues.

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I went to America back in 1999 to stay with some quilting friends, as well as visiting several patchwork shops I also found some craft shops as at the time I made a few cards, and this thing called "scrapbooking" was just starting to appear on my horizon.

I bought a few (literally about 10) sheets of A4 printed paper thinking I could use them for cards, but didn't buy any 12x12 as I couldn't personally see a use for it...

I remember going into Michaels and being totally blown away by aisle upon aisle of crafting stuff - stamps as far as the eye could see, rack upon rack of 12x12... oh if only I had a time machine (and a contract with UPS to ship it all back...)
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Girl with a mission to SHOP..... joolsmicra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I took £15 to the first 'bonanza' to buy paper from the stall holders there....I had NO idea!
    Jools x
    Flyers Newbie CJ's....all three finished! Whoopee!

stewarton scrapdolly - come along and join us jaggythistle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I have been at this since 2007 and it is all consuming. At first I work on so many pages it was every day, not it is not so often but weekly. I attend a weekly class, a bimonthly crop and a yearly carft weekend. It has cost me a fortune but I have no intention of stopping and will gladly go on and on and on. I have never been to the US but know I would need extra baggage allowance to get back on the plane. This so called hobby is so very addictive i agree - but enjoyable just the same.
    I have had my eyes opened to so many other crafts and have found a creative side I never knew I had.
    Enjoy!!