Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    There isn't an option on the drop down, you have to add the svg suffix to your file name, and that should do it.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Ahhhh! I thought I was going mad!!
    I have found the info I was referring to earlier about the licence key not being remembered,

Issue Description
    The Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition license key lost when software is closed and then re-opened.
    Cause
    As the license key is being checked when the program is opened, it is referencing the user's account address and password each time from a file stored on the computer. If there are non-alpha/numeric characters present (characters with an accent mark or other special keyboard characters that are not numbers or letters), then the checking process fails and the license key is removed since it has failed the check.

Resolution
    This issue has been corrected with the latest version of Silhouette Studio® . The new version will allow for the password to include any characters, so you need not adjust your password. Simply update the software program and then re-enter the license key. The program should no longer lose the license key when the program is closed and re-opened.

but it says nothing about the 3 times rule - as far as I understand that it can be used on 3 machines as I managed to de-activate mine and made a total mess of things and had this email from support

Hello Lisa,

The Designer Edition license key allows you to upgrade up to three personal computers. This may not be shared with other users and is tied directly to the account where it is originally applied.

When migrating to a new computer, you may simply load the license key in the same way it had initially been applied to the original computer. You will need to ensure you use the exact same account information (since the license key is locked onto your account).

If the maximum license application limit is reached, you can remove your license key from an older computer in order to place it onto an alternate computer. To do so, simply go to the Help > De-Activate License Key option. You can then use the license key attempt toward an alternate computer.

If you cannot access an older computer (due to a computer crash or reformat) and require the license key to be reset in order to allow it to be re-applied onto a new replacement computer, you may contact us to report the nature of the request. We are happy to attend to special requests in special situations and reset the ability to apply the license key onto a replacement computer.

We have reset your recovery attempts for your license key so that you can use the Designer Edition once again.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Hope that all makes sense!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thanks for letting us know about being able to have it on 3 pc's I read somewhere it was only for 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    The link for download doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have a valid link? Or could someone send it to me? Thanks!

View Gallery

Welcome to the forum. Maybe it's not available any more.
    Last edited by DJG; 19-09-2014 at 03:07 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjuneh View Post
    The link for download doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have a valid link? Or could someone send it to me? Thanks!
    Version 2 (which will save as svg) is on the CD that came with my Silhouette Cameo when it was launched almost three years ago.

View Gallery

Hi
    I was able to download v1.9 and it worked but there was no save to svg function. Have they changed this?
    Tia

View Gallery

Welcome to the forum. The later versions can't save as anything other than Studio files. I've never had V1.9 but others have said it can save as SVG so I'm not sure what the answer is sorry

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mlromanin View Post
    Hi
    I was able to download v1.9 and it worked but there was no save to svg function. Have they changed this?
    Tia
    You just need to tag .svg onto the file name, ie your file name, let's say Christmas.svg
    This is only an example. Then save.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    You will also need the designer edition of v1.9 or v2.00 to be able to save as svg.

And a warning, I've not been able to keep my licence key active when trying to use both v1.9 and v3.xx Designer Ed on the same PC; as soon as I access the older version after using v3, it reverts to the standard version. I've tried this with two different keys and it still happens. I've seen a blog post which says this problem's been fixed, but I'm afraid not in my case...

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Good point. I run 1.9 and 2.8.4 on one computer and Version 3 on another. However, I do know one person who is successfully using 1.9, 2.8 and V3 on one computer. It is not something I am happy to try.

View Gallery

If anyone is thinking of running 3 versions, I would think again, I tried 2 and everything was fine , then done the third, I have lost all the files I have designed and those of the people who share freely, TOTALLY GUTTED.
    Thanks to All for sharing

View Gallery

I only have V3 on both of my computers although I have several versions of Studio. If I need an SVG I make my file in Inkscape and save as an SVG I can then take it into Studio DE and save as that format so I have both

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Version 2

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Version 2 (which will save as svg) is on the CD that came with my Silhouette Cameo when it was launched almost three years ago.

Would you be willing to sell me the CD with Version 2 on it if you no longer need it. I have lost mine and Silhouette just keep saying install V3, which obviously I cannot save svg's with. I have found V1.9 and installed it, but this doesn't open V2 legacy saves as it just gives a corrupt error. Many thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarr View Post
    Would you be willing to sell me the CD with Version 2 on it if you no longer need it. I have lost mine and Silhouette just keep saying install V3, which obviously I cannot save svg's with. I have found V1.9 and installed it, but this doesn't open V2 legacy saves as it just gives a corrupt error. Many thanks
    So sorry I can't as I still use V2 on my laptop and the CD is my backup.