Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think you are very wise I am a customer but wish I had not bought it more trouble than it is worth have now had to buy the metal plate to try and get it to cut more expense I can see this going on the shelf and staying there said I could send it back they would test it for me but I had to pay the postage and if they found nothing wrong I would have to pay postage back again heads they win tails I loose

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have had mine for a few days now and have cut various dies thick and thin without issue. I have found that I can cut many dies at the same time and many of my dies cut better than in my bigshot. I love the fact that I can control the pressure and this allows me to get different results from my embossing folders, all in all a very happy customer !!!!

View Gallery

Seems like some people are having success and some not. Unfortunately I am one of the unsuccessful ones. After driving 140 mile round trip to pick it up I am so frustrated and I am not in the position to go back to them to get it sorted.
    Emails are being responded to but all they keep saying is not to be frightened of using the pressure switch or it is my dies.
    I have put the pressure as low as it can go and is is still not cutting even the most simple of dies, which I have no problem with on my GC or Joy machine and the casing starts coming adrift on the left hand side the more pressure I put on it.
    The reason I wanted this was that it was supposed to give an even pressure all the way across but not so on mine

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by wmher01 View Post
    all they keep saying is ........ it is my dies.
    I noticed on their website that was being claimed too, they actually said
    This is a fault of dies with far too much detail

This machine was given such a big push about the cutting power being so superior to anything else out there in the market that this is disappointing news that people are having trouble and the dies are now being blamed.

This is why I wanted to wait to see how people got on with it. I think I'll probably have a look around for something else as it's not looking like the 'wonder machine' that it was cracked up to be so far.

Sorry you've been disappointed wmher01 and pippa but your honest feedback is helpful for others

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am so glad you have posted this info the people at the company have made me feel like I am the only one who is having problems and keep telling me I am doing something wrong I have now had the machine since last Friday and still have not got it to cut my Spellbinder dies the same dies that cut with no problem with the Grand Calibur to true this is not the machine it has been hyped up to be I feel as though I have wasted my money so disappointed I have asked for a refund don`t stand a chance

View Gallery

Hi Pippa, seeing your comment was what made me post as they made me think that I was the only one! I am racking my brain as to how I can get there in person and get them to sort it. If not I will be trying to get my money back.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi There if I could get there I would take this back and leave it on their doorstep I do not drive so stand no chance and I certainly cannot afford to be paying postage for it there and back which is what they say i would have to do for them to test it do you think it would be any good me contacting Trading Standards to see where we stood

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    This info might help you decide what to do

Direct Selling Regulations state

Your right to cancel starts the moment you place your order and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods

You don't have to give a reason but you would have to pay the postage. Might be worth it just to cut your losses rather than be stuck with a machine that you feel doesn't work as described. Check online for different courier prices rather than just taking it to PO. YOu must inform the retailer of your intention to return the item.

If you're returning it because it's not as described then The Sale of Goods Act states
    that products should be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

If a product you’ve bought develops a fault, your consumer rights mean you can reject it and get your money back or you can have it repaired or replaced

If your goods are faulty, the retailer must pay return postage costs.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thankyou so much for that information I have just missed the seven day return but i think that it is not fit for purpose covers it will be on the phone tomorrow and will let you know how I get on

View Gallery

Agree with Pippa, thank you for that krafty1, that is the route i was thinking of going down. I am going to try and get there this weekend (140 mile round trip) and see how I get on

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just to let you know have received the metal plate that is suppose to solve all the problems not one jot of difference have just rung the company who have informed me that they have worked out the correct sandwich and will get back to me and talk me through it I will send it back today if no joy and ask for my money back have informed them that this is what I intend to to will keep you updated just a footnote the lady said she has sorted out probs with the Cherry Lyn dies Marianne Dies etc working well eh

View Gallery

Thanks for the update Pippa

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Your very welcome there`s more have spoken to Karen who works there and she talked me through the "Correct " sandwich and guess what it did not work so she has told me to email Gordon who will hopefully get back to me today to see what he wants to do so have emailed him and now in the process of wrapping it up and arranging to have it collected and I hope I never see the blooming thing again might save you some time and effort if you just ask for you money back
    Last edited by pippa; 25-07-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

View Gallery

Thanks Pippa, at least you are now getting somewhere, I may try phoning on Saturday instead of going there. It is useful to know that it is not just my machine and I know what you mean about not wanting to see it again

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

So sorry you have been having difficulties with this machine. Surprised to hear you have to get another extra plate to cut some dies. I remember reading on their blog that the machine would come with all the plates you would need. Just found the entry on their blog:
    Sunday, 17 February 2013

The wait is over !

New machine prices etc:

Colours :
    Mood : two tone lilac
    Cool : dark blue , silver grey
    Vintage : dark brown , teal
    Fresh : pastel green , pastel blue
    Retro : black and white

And the price is .......

£135
    Including all plates and embossing mat.. There is nothing extra you will need to buy!

Hope you manage to get things sorted out.