Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swaps

Full time mummy and wife. best job ever gemmasteele's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    I think a lot of people might have stopped doing swaps for this reason Jo, sad but true.
    My blog, all about my life and crafting

Decorated notebook swap, Christmas Card Chinese Whisper Swap

(christmas stocking, 12 days swaps)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Never done this before but would like to take part in the kit swap please. Thankyou.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    hi Gemma I dont do swaps now cos of postage costs but when I was browsing through groups noticed a group swap which seemed quite active maybe thats why the swap main board is so quiet

I grew back ... like a starfish. Kitty Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (99)
    Hello all

Thanks Gemma for trying to push swaps the forum is a lot quieter but I feel that it is the same on all the forums on UKS lately, it is a lot less busy than it used to be. Postage is an issue now and so we try to keep the more 'bulky' swaps to direct 'one to one' swaps as it would cost too much to post to the host and then pay postage for it to be returned to yourselves. Sorry that you have had a few bad experiences Jo, I think quite a few of us have, I don't know why people sign up for swaps with no intention of completing them, yet they end up getting items themselves (if it's a direct swap) ... it is so annoying but I do know who the repeat offenders are and they will no longer be allowed to join in swaps or CJs.

To the new ladies wishing to join in - you have to have been a member of UKS for a month and you need to have at least 30 posts - once you have this you will be welcome to join in Please keep an eye on the swaps forum as there are lots of good ones going on plus you can always suggest some on the 'looking for a swap to join' thread
    Christmas Stocking Swap *** ATCoin Swap

Blog Thingy

You're perfect, yes it's true ... but without me, you're only you. scrap3d's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (98)
    I agree that many things are a lot quieter now not just swaps. However, there have still been a lot of new and varied swaps recently. Postage is an issue these days, but the tw/inchies/ticket swaps etc. are light and easy on the purse and many more swaps these days are open to those outside the UK. I have joined loads (I am in France), and I have also seen people from as far as Australia join with no problems, so postage shouldn't be a barrier for some swaps bramblepie. As for the SG, I think that most of them are the ones actually running the swaps!

Jo, I know what you mean about the disappointment. I put 100% effort into everything I do for a swap and to get nothing back, or something that is just obviously thrown together with no thought, is sad. However, I have also received many things that have exceeded my wildest expectations, so I take the rough with the smooth. Something like the tw/inchies swap is great for that, as you are almost certain to get a few lovely bits from it.

It would be nice to see some more, how can I put it?, less arty swaps up too but it always seems to be Gemma who ends up running them. Personally, I think if you want to get the kind of swaps you're interested in, then sometimes you have to get involved.
    Swaps - Mini Junk Journal - Mixed Media
    Craft Blog - Collaborative Craft Blog

Full time mummy and wife. best job ever gemmasteele's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    embellishment swap is pretty much done now so thought id bump this to see if there was any interest in the others
    My blog, all about my life and crafting

Decorated notebook swap, Christmas Card Chinese Whisper Swap

(christmas stocking, 12 days swaps)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    Gemma, I would do the flower swap if still going.
    Lynne

I'm in love!!! with crafting. LOL coolio1978's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    i would do the book swap but am in 3 swaps already
    Swaps: Advent Swap 2022, Christmas Gift Bag Goodie Swap, 2022 Christmas Stocking Swap, Christmas Tag Swap
    www.craftingwithashee.com