Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

wink Devloping Slides From The 70s

I have a lot of slides from the 70s from my Grandad's house - you know the ones that went into a projector. They are colour and they are from the 70s looking at the images up against the window. Now I know you can get machines to scan them into the computer but I don't really want to invest in one. So, does anyone know what I should do or can you recommend where I should get them developed? I also have some of those little red viewers that folk used to get at Butlins when the camp photographer used to come around taking photos. Does anyone know how I can get those developed. I don't really want to send any of them away but if you know of a reliable developer, I would consider it. I am not really bothered how much it costs, I just want to know they are safe. Hope this makes sense, jenx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Jen my Mum has one of said machines I can fetch it over and then u can scan them all onto the computer. Works out so much cheaper than getting them developed. Will try to remember to pick it up tomorrow x

View Gallery

I did the first 40 through a developer but at a pound a slide it was cheaper to buy a scanner and do them myself and they came out really well.
    Jo

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    My A4 scanner has a slide attachment and a slide setting - I've scanned my own slides in from the 50s (!) and then I can adjust the colour, cropping etc before sending them off to Snapfish/PhotoBox or whatever for printing.

Sounds like Wendy has you covered though!
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think you are right! Cheers Wendy! If you all think that it is a good investment, maybe the mini scanner thing is the way to go anyway... Wendy it is 13 in 13 on Friday, so we might be a bit busy for scanning.... why don't we wait until you come back from your Elizabeth Bennet style tour of England and we could do it then - there is no rush! Not sure what to do about the Butlins thingies.... developing might be the way with them? Thanks peeps, jenx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Come to think about it, I think our HP scanner had a slide holder & I'm sure I scanned tons of ours a few years ago....then adjusted them later on (cropped, colour etc) & uploaded them all to Photobox for reprinting. We have hundreds of the things dating back to probably the 60's maybe earlier? Have fun.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wear Crafts View Post
    I think you are right! Cheers Wendy! If you all think that it is a good investment, maybe the mini scanner thing is the way to go anyway... Wendy it is 13 in 13 on Friday, so we might be a bit busy for scanning.... why don't we wait until you come back from your Elizabeth Bennet style tour of England and we could do it then - there is no rush! Not sure what to do about the Butlins thingies.... developing might be the way with them? Thanks peeps, jenx
    You can take it home with you. Def too busy on friday lol.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

cheers me dear! jenx

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjams View Post
    My A4 scanner has a slide attachment and a slide setting - I've scanned my own slides in from the 50s (!) and then I can adjust the colour, cropping etc before sending them off to Snapfish/PhotoBox or whatever for printing.
    I am doing this as I sit here. I had a box of slides from my parents and thousands of strips of film. I have been at it for almost 2 weeks now. Will be great to be finished though. So much easier having digital rather than rummaging through a pile of film every time you are looking for something in particular.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

thanks for all the advice! I think it is probably easier to do it myself - scan and then send to be developed - thanks for the loan Wendy! jenx