Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Divided Page Protectors

I am going on a cruise next month and thinking about using divided page protectors for the album instead of regular 12x12 pages. I am looking at mixed packs from American Crafts, We R Memory Keepers and Echo Park Photo Freedom. Are there any others I should consider? Would you recommend one brand over another?

Has anyone else used these for a holiday album? Did they make it quicker to scrap (as I hope)? Or were the fixed size pockets too restrictive (which I fear)? In particular having chosen which protector to use for the 'front' of a page, was it easier or harder to do the 'back' with the same size pockets?

Dedicated Scrapper Angel Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I am working on an album of our Holiday to Iceland last year and am using a mix of sizes of Page Protectors, with some 12x12 in the album as well
    I haven't found doing the back of the page difficult and I just print my photos at home to whatever size I need

We sell American Crafts and Echo park page protectors here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am the same as Angela... I like to mix it up a bit too. I used to like the Pebbles albums and page protectors with all the little journaling cards... remember them? I have three albums like that. I made quick multi photo pages and for some I just popped the photos in and completed the journaling card so it was very quick and easy. I then popped in 'proper' 12x12 layouts in between so there is a nice mix of styles. I like Echo Park Photo Freedom and We R Memory Keepers. Make sure you share what you create. Jenx
    Ours are here and here

View Gallery

Thank you for your comments. Your web-sites are full of loveliness. Too much temptation.

A mad little chocoholic bear poohbear's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I bought a multi pack of We Are Memory Keepers page dividers so I had the choice of mixing up the pages. It has ten in and I think every one has a different configuration. I've only finished one page so far but I found it really good for scrapping lots of photos pf our holiday last year.

View Gallery

Thanks Poohbear. I'm almost decided on the WRMK pages as there is a good mix in the multipack.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Would these be good for weddings too.. I'm bound to have hundreds next week when my DS gets married and I won't possibly be able to scrap them all... do they have any inserts for weddings similar to the ones you showed for travel Jen?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

There are lots of echo park photo freedom ones and there are some lovely ones perfect for weddings. I am expanding our photo freedom range this month but if you are in a rush I am sure some of the other sponsors will have them too. And anyhow... Wedding next week! How exciting! I hope you share photos and layouts and so on. Fingers crossed the weather will be lovely for you! Jenx

View Gallery

Jen, I have another question that I hope you can answer - I see that the WRMK page protectors are described as D Ring Page Protectors on your site. Does that mean that they won't fit postbound scrapbooks? I've done two previous cruise albums; they were in postbound albums and I've already bought a matching one for this holiday.

If they won't fit, do the photo freedom ones fit instead? Thanks for your help.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I shall check for you! I have K+Co protectos too for post bound but I have not got those on the website - they are not divided though. And I have some AC ones too which are multi photo but not on the website so I will check those too. What kind of post bound album is it? Will pop back on soon, jenx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Now then, I accept no responsibility if I get this wrong! K&Co, We R Memory Keepers, Echo Park and American Crafts were ok with my D Ring binders (Pebbles, AC, WRM). Less successful with postbound... they were ok with most of my postbounds but might need a little tiny bit of widening of the holes with a cropadile to be sure and certain of no crumples. They worked quite nicely with Anna Griffin and Papermaina postbounds but not with the DCWV one I have. Now I have just tested these with my own albums and I am saying this is as a ukscrapper and it is my personal opinion! Keep it in mind that it is really easy to punch new holes yourself if you need to and any messy holes will be hidden by a postbound - I bought some really cheap page protectors off QVC about eight years ago and they weren't compatible with my albums so I just punched them myself to make them fit. Mind, in the past, I have also changed the position of a post bound album's holes and moved the screw posts myself as I was sick of repunching slippery plastic and that worked a treat. Used a little hand drill to go through the chipboard... how tenacious is that! Good luck with your searches, jenx

View Gallery

Thanks for doing that Jen. It's really good of you. I've been doing my own research on the WRMK pages and they make them in two styles for postbound and D ring albums, so I'm wary of buying the D ring ones now. I hadn't thought about widening the holes to give the extra space that postbound pages need, but that's certainly an option that I shall think about.

My album is from WHSmith and I know it's compatible with the AC 12x12 protectors (the undivided ones). They both have quite a wide margin on the left. It may be safest to stick with AC for divided pages.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Not a bother to do it! I need to know these things anyway, given my position lol! Hope you get sorted out, jenx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Hi Amanda!

We have an amazing deal on AC photo protectors at the moment - a bundle of 9 packs for only £24.95! Just though it might interest you if you're after a good variety of formats, here's the link:
    http://www.sarahscardsltd.com/offers...ue-bundle.html

Lianne x

View Gallery

Thanks Liane, I had seen that deal and it's a great price, but it's many more than I need for one album. I'm seriously thinking about that bundle versus three different 10 packs.