Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy

Hi I would like some advice. I am interested in the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy and wondered of anyone has used it?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    well I have one that i got a good while ago and i actually quite like mine. I find that i have to press down quite hard and slow and steady but it is a good guideline. I dont use it as much as i should or could but when i get it out i find it reasonably manageable - and better than sewing without a guide for me! The drum can leave a bit of an impression when pressing the holes in so i would try it out on a bit of scrap bazzill to get your 'tension' right. I like mine as I say but I have heard some folk are not so happy. Maybe if you are a good 'sewer' already it is not so good and not necessary but for a reluctant one like me it is quite useful. Hope that helps, jenx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I've had mine a while and agree with Jen. It can leave dents in the vard, however when I do remember to get it out I am always pleased with the results and if you press lightly to avoid denting the cars you can always punch through the holes which haven't punched with the needle. It does take time but I find it very relaxing - and I have LOADS of the heads!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What would you suggest for someone who has not used the sew easy and would like to know where to start?
    Last edited by sjl85; 16-05-2013 at 04:50 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I was very disappointing with it and sent mine back

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have heard some people say that they were disappointed Doreen. Are you a really good 'sewer'... I know some of the crafty friends I have who had reservations were really good 'sewers' anyway so found it more of a hindrance than a help. (we don't stock this by the way, I am just enjoying the chat!) jenx

View Gallery

You don't have to sew I've used it and used the holes as a guide and used a white gel pen to mark the stitches rather than sew.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I bought a set but haven't used it yet. However, I've been told that it really must be used with the Sew Easy mat or you WILL be disappointed. Just sayin'.... that's what I was told.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I would agree - the mat is essential. It is softer than a cutting mat. I would try to find someone with one at a crop maybe who will let you try out their sew easy before you buy one as there are differences in opinion. I think it is one of those things that you have to practise with to get it right for you. Hope this helps, jenx

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Now you've opened a can of worms!!! It's a 'Marmite' tool, people either love it or hate it!!

I love mine, it does only work with the mat, and I get the best results standing up, but it weakens and marks the card where you want to sew, you do have to press hard enough to mark the card (hence standing up is best), but not so hard as to bend it... and it doesn't really pierce good cardstock, just makes it much easier to sew through.

Here are some links to where I've used mine...

here,

here

and here.

Can't find examples of the other stitches, but I have used lots.
    Last edited by CoventryAnn; 18-05-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi,

I also love using the tool, I would say have a little practice on some card and/or paper just to get the feel of it, you will get to know how much pressure to apply once used a few times. Def use the Sew Easy mat with it for the best results, they also have a ruler that attaches to the mat that way you get perfect straight lines when needed. It is fun to use once you get use to it.

These are just few few layouts & Cards I have used it on.

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

Chrissy xXx
    [SIZE=5][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Chrissy

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Fab pages Chrissy, I need to use my Sew Easy again
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wear Crafts View Post
    I have heard some people say that they were disappointed Doreen. Are you a really good 'sewer'... I know some of the crafty friends I have who had reservations were really good 'sewers' anyway so found it more of a hindrance than a help. (we don't stock this by the way, I am just enjoying the chat!) jenx
    I do quite a bit of sewing but only with a sewing machine I have seen it mentioned that you can use one of those wheels with spikes that are used for marking darts when dressmaking

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

what would you recommend to get started with the sew easy?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I got a starter pack which had the handle with a couple of needles, four heads, a mat and four or five thread packs. It was quite a good value bundle and it had everything in I needed to get me started. You just need to have a go on some scraps first though. Don't go straight onto a layout unless you feel confident about using it. It is like anything though, you just need to jump in and have a go! Is there a crop close by to you where you might be able to borrow one and try it out? Shame you didn't live in Durham - you could have popped to our crop and used ours! jenx