Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)

8 x 8 Scrapping??

Just wondering if there are any other 8 x 8 scrappers out there? I scrapped 12 x 12 for years because it gives so much scope, but the number of albums is getting to need a LOT of space, so in the past year I've got down to 8 x 8 and although its a challenge it is also quicker and simpler! Not to mention the fact that the albums sit nicely on an ordinary bookshelf.

So I just wondered if there was anyone else who might like to form a group and exchange tips and ideas??

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I do the odd 8x8 just to make my albums more exciting. I do have two 8x8 albums that I got for a bargain so will have to use them at some point!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I scrapped 8x8 for years, and have stepped up to 8.5x11, but agree with you over size issues. I find 12x12 albums difficult to look through, you almost haven to be reverential.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I scrap 8x8 digitally purely because I can print off the pages on my A4 printer and, I must admit, I do like the size. It takes up much less room than 12x12 (obviously ) and is nicer to handle I think.

I do scrap hybrid as well and would be interested in a group Rosie

Dedicated Scrapper English Rose's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    I normally scrap 8.5 x 11 but have just bought my first 8x8 album. I'd love to join a group if you set one up.

I find 12x12 is just too big for most of my layouts.

Rachel

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I do a mixture of both sizes, 8 x 8 is handy for old photo's I have got from my mums, I will be interested to see what other people do with the size.
    JanetO

x

View Gallery

I've never got into digi, even though I have Photoshop Elements, because its the messing about with stamps and paper that I love!! Maybe one day, but (because of Fibromyalgia) my concentration really isn't up to learning all the ins and outs of it

The reason I can make 8 x 8 work is because I print my own photos - its difficult to do a lot with a single standard print on a page that size! I usually print the "wallet" size, and can get up to 5 pictures on a page that way, although its more usually 3. I can also print one standard and a couple of wallet prints to make a page. Except for the occasional (and I mean VERY occasional) superb shot that deserves bigger, this works fine for holiday albums and the like. I'm still scrapping 12 x 12 now and then for grandchildren pics.

View Gallery

I seem to have killed this thread! One thing that frustrates me a little is that 8 x 8 albums are much harder to come across - now if I see a nice one I tend to bag it quick! We are going to be in the USA next month and I'll certainly raid Michaels and Jo-Anns to see what they have.

Its also slightly frustrating cutting down 12 x 12 papers ... but am using up my stash gradually, and of course it leaves me all kinds of patterned strips which go in my card making box!

Dedicated Scrapper scrappinsilly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I have bought both 8x8 and 6x6 American crafts binders lately and am moving towards scrapping smaller pages. I always print out digital pages as 8x8 and I agree they are easier to store. I dont think I will buy any more 12x12 albums to be honest as they are unweildy to look through. I like to print some pics myself as I have a little 6x4 HP printer so 8x8 is definitely the way forward for me.
    Bren

I'm a Pop Dot

View Gallery

Now 6 x 6 is just a bit too small for me .... well for holiday albums it is anyway, even though the one 6 x 6 I have is awfully cute! I use it for my inspiration file, and cut bits out of magazines that I really like - and then forget to look through it. Duh.

But having got an old open-fronted cabinet (remember when stereo systems had to be housed in a rack cabinet?) absolutely stuffed FULL of 12 x 12, the sight of my little 8 x 8s just sitting on a bookshelf gladdens my heart! Yes of course I do miss the fancy schmancy things you can do with the bigger size, but in the end its about the photos isn't it, and capturing your memories?

We should start a gallery of 8 x 8 layouts shouldn't we? Must remember to take pics of some of mine.

Faffer Extraordinaire lou@papermaker's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    My very first pages were 8x8 and i loved it, in fact the only reason I went to 12x12 is cos everyone was buying me 12x12 albums.

Would love to be part of a group that scraps this size

Lou x
    My BLOG
    SWAPS:

View Gallery

A gallery of 8 x 8 LO' s sound like a good idea.
    I brought. 8 x 8 D ring album for some of my LO's but not sure if I like it, will probably go back to the post bound albums for that size. I do like the larger 12 x 12 size fore storage though.
    JanetO

x

View Gallery

I would like to be part of a group for scrapping this size as well.
    JanetO

x

View Gallery

Hmmm, now how do I figure out how to set a group up? Off to church now but will try and have a look later and see if I can work it out then invite you all .... unless one of you already knows how to do it?? Likewise the gallery.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I started scrapping 12 x 12 but try to do smaller now due to the amount of space they take up. I have done a few 8 x 8 albums now and am also trying A4. If you start a group for 8 x 8 scrappers I would be interested.
    Jane

My Blog

Swaps: Stamp Head ATCs