Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Bricks and mortar scrapbooking shops in the NorthWest?

I'm returning to scrapbooking after a five year loss of creativity, and I have NO idea where there are any shops that stock actual pretty paper/cardstock/general bits of loveliness these days?

I'm in south Manchester, and I know Crimson Crafts in Dunham is long gone. There used to be other places though, but I cannot think of where they were and I really feel the urge to do a little tactile shopping.

Any suggestions? Please?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Welcome back

Crab Apple Crafts is the only sponsor shop I know of. That's at Lady Heyes in Frodsham & well worth a visit.

Brookside (Poynton) and Wilmslow Garden centres both have reasonable craft outlets, although they don't stock anything like the range you can get online.

Hobbycraft & The Works can be good for odd little bits.
    Sam

Scrap and Stickle team member

Choice Words and Tasteful Doings

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    I was going to suggest the same places Sam! Just to let you both know I organise a crop in Didsbury, South Manchester if your interested. The next one is on the 21st April! We've got a social group here if you want further information!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Hiya Dawn, I'm about to put my stash into storage for a few months (having building work done), but when I'm back up and running I might pop along. I used to go to crops in Cheadle & Warrington a few years back & really enjoyed them
    Sam

Scrap and Stickle team member

Choice Words and Tasteful Doings

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    We may have met before then as I occasionally went to those crops too!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    There's a craft shop in Altrincham however I only know that by hearsay so not sure what they sell.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks - I was driving myself bonkers trying to remember the name of the place in frodsham, so thanks for that!

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Crab Apple Crafts, run by Rosemary Merry, is a very good shop, though I don't think they are sponsors any more. There is also one in Winsford a few miles away.
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Depends on where abouts in South Manchester you are and if you have transport. There is one in Salford Quays Outlet village (If its still there). Fred Aldous in Manchester city centre. Dunelm Mill usually have a few bits. There is one in Heywood and a fabby one in Saddleworth. There used to be one in Ashton, but not sure if that is still going.
    Let me know if you need anymore details.
    Gill

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Salford quays one is closed :-( I some times visit the range at Bolton.
    Wendy

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If you fancy a trip on the steam train there is a craft shop 'Clarks' in Ramsbottom. It has a web site. There's the chocolate festival on this weekend as well. Ramsbottom has just been given the accolade of one of the best places to live in Lancashire.

View Gallery

There's quite a lot of us round here then! I go to Crab Apple crafts too I find its only half an hour away from here on the motorway. I like their classes. There's a new Hobby craft in Altrincham retail park but its not brill for scrappers. Id be interested to know where the shop in Hey wood is as my mum lives in Norden. I keep meaning to go to Dawn s crop but I struggled to find me time when I had two DSs and now I have a third its impossible! Oh for some peace and quiet!

But back on topic..... there's a well stocked craft shop at High Legh garden centre too near Lymm.

Will keep an eye on this thread to see if theres one I've not heard of!

Helen
    Raising money to find a cure for FOP Registered Charity in England and Wales 1147704
    http://www.friendsofoliver.com

View Gallery

I used to live in Ramsbottom too! Their ww2 weekend is lots of fun. Not been to Clarks for years but it didn't used to be great for paper craft but it could well have changed.
    Raising money to find a cure for FOP Registered Charity in England and Wales 1147704
    http://www.friendsofoliver.com

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The shop is bigger , but it is very crowded inside and not easy to see what is there. The staff know where everything is when you ask. It isn't pretty, but has a wide variety of crafts, not just paper. It's worth going for the Farmer's market,Chocolate Cafe, excellent places to eat and the Grecian Urn!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

HobbyCraft in Altrincham is pants, I was there last weekend. Very little of anything that could be used for scrapbooking, although they've got lots of storage stuff.

Ramsbottom sounds like its worth a drive.

I'm just trying to sort of bring myself up to speed on what's available now - amazing how things have changed in 5 years!