Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Not a cupcake fan and I don't like hearts with wings.

I feel I should stop using so many butterflies but I love them so will carry on anyway. I just love flowers and butterflies.

The only light bulbs I want are the ones you buy in the shops, preferably 100w not these energy saving things.

I still think hedgehogs are cute but I'm not into anything with only half a face so these noseless/mouthless images just aren't for me. Of course, there are lots of things I don't use but love on other people's LO's and cards etc...

That said, for the life of me I can't think of anything new.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    How about some hickory dickory mice to run up and down our steampunk clocks?

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    How about beach huts as the new trend?

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I bought some lovely printed ribbon from a local haberdasherers the other day which had beach huts on it - trawling Google images apparently it comes in pink as well altho I'm not entirely sure what you would use pink beach huts for?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Moustaches. Faces with no mouths. Wings stuck onto children in photo's ( creepy). The obsession that some people have that there must be a title on the page. Art journals that look like a scrapbook made by a 3 year old. 12 x 12 pages with a tiny photo in the corner. Pages that have so much stuff on them that you have trouble finding the photo'.
    Sorry, not really motifs , but I feel better now. Good job we don't all like the same things, it would be boring.
    My blog
    www.nanagin.blogspot.com

Better a creative mess than an idle tidiness.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny View Post
    Moustaches. Faces with no mouths. Wings stuck onto children in photo's ( creepy). The obsession that some people have that there must be a title on the page. Art journals that look like a scrapbook made by a 3 year old. 12 x 12 pages with a tiny photo in the corner. Pages that have so much stuff on them that you have trouble finding the photo'.
    Sorry, not really motifs , but I feel better now. Good job we don't all like the same things, it would be boring.
    sometimes it feels good to get it all out!!

It's funny, I struggle coming up with a title often but assume I 'must' have one....why?!
    Pauline x

My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Arrows
    Birds
    Birdcages
    Bunting
    Butterflies
    Cameras
    Chevrons
    Clocks & Watches
    Clouds
    Cogs
    Cupcakes
    Doilies
    Dunce caps on vintage images!
    Featureless faces
    Feathers
    Fences
    Flags
    Flourishes
    Flowers
    Gates
    Hearts
    Hexagons
    jam Jars
    Jigsaw Pieces
    Keep calmand carry on....
    Lamp posts
    Live love laugh quote
    Moustaches
    Owls
    Paint splats
    Retro Office - typewriters, telephones, date stamps
    Stars
    Teapots and teacups
    Tickets
    Trees and leaves
    Wings

New ideas!

Lightbulbs
    Glasses
    Hedgehogs
    Clubs, Spades
    Moroccan
    utee/resin embellishments
    leather
    giraffes
    Cameras
    Cactus
    Beards
    Light bulbs
    Victorian Scientist - Magnifying glass, microscope, lab bottles etc.
    Ferns
    Sea horses and mermaids. And shells
    Books
    trains , tracks, station signs
    Mice
    Beach Huts

This is some list now! Impressive!
    Quite a few existing images that I still havent used yet. Like the lamp post. Ive had a die cut lamp post for months and still waiting for the right photo to use it!
    Last edited by Scrappy Pat; 01-03-2013 at 07:29 PM.

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdCat View Post
    Scared of butterflies and moths so will be glad to see the back of those, bit fed up of flags, bunting whatever you want to call them.
    i was just coming on here to ask why is there bunting everywhere? i mean ok it was cool for a bit with the jubilee, and im sure when the baby arrives it will all be back but bunting in pastel? the new heidi swapp we have out here is all bunting and mist sprays and its just totally over my head!
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny View Post
    Wings stuck onto children in photo's ( creepy)
    totally agree, this always reminds me of my angel babies in heaven and how sad it would be if those lovely children actually did have wings
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Just another idea for new "things" or is it new? Cloths pegs?!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    In general what I really is hate that most designers don't seem to be able to come up with any original ideas for themselves, they just have to jump on the current trend bandwagon, so you get inundated with almost identical papers, stamps, etc. I often wonder what's happened to creativity.

A few pet hates are mouthless hippopotamus faces, arty farty people wearing dunces caps and/or wings, and blooming twine entwined with everything.

I really don't have any respect for copycats who are completely unable to come up with something different. So my suggestion for a new on trend idea is a bunch of silly sheep all following each other about bleating "me too me too!". But a "shade late" lampshades seem to have been lighting up a few blogs lately. Hedgehogs á la Penny Black have been around forever, and I don't think anyone else could come up with anything to beat them for appeal

But what I would most like to see is a bit of originality for a change, and a few (more) unique designs.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    It seems one of the latest trends is Zentangle. The problem with that for the suppliers is that all you need is a black pen or two!
    Ruth

I've got a Sizzix and I'm going to use it! mummybecks's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
    How about beach huts as the new trend?
    Yes, please, more beach huts. I need to scrap my holiday in Southwold photos!

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    But what I would most like to see is a bit of originality for a change, and a few (more) unique designs.

Rosemary
    Well, I did TRY with the flies but I think the problem is inherent in design in general. I have a typography book (well, I have a LOT of them and not sure which one I saw it in) that mentions that the usual method for designers is to look at OTHER designers work and springboard off that. It is exactly as you say - some image gets noticed/popular, then all of a sudden you see 100 butterflies/hedgehogs/cog wheels/ whatever. Now a handful is fine - nice to see cartoon/vintage/modern versions of things so you can match them to the style of your project, but I agree you don't need 20 of them!

And for every image you LOVE there will be 10000 people who really really HATE it. Butterflies/moths case in point.

I also think it has to do with HOW images are used. Butterflies work well but not when you just plunk them down on something to very clearly fill a space, and not because they work with the design - a boy playing football, for example, has NO REASON to have a butterfly on it

I've got a Sizzix and I'm going to use it! mummybecks's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    And my biggest pet hate is those cartoony stamps of people with spindly legs, enormous faces and googly eyes - I'm sure you know the ones I mean. They are so scary and I really would NOT like to receive a birthday card with one of those on!