Hi!
Thank you to everyone who's been playing along with the January Simple Recipe. If you've not had a go yet there's still time and for inspiration check out this fab layout by cheekymole from the Simple Recipes Gallery:

Here's another quick idea from me for using up scraps or leftovers from your Simple Recipes' kit to make cards or backgrounds for pages.

Gather together scraps of papers using the colours from the recipe as your starting point. As I'm making a card I've also made a 6x4" card blank.

Trim the scraps down into strips so they're no longer in length than the page or card you're working on, so in this instance for me it's 6" to fit on my card. Layer up the strips of paper to make your background. If you add your doublesided tape or glue just along the middle of the back of each piece the edges are left free so you can easily go back and tuck under other paper strips as you build up your background.

On my finished card I've used the same alpha stickers for the greeting coloured with Promarkers as I used in the layout idea in the January worksheet.

You could use this technique to build a background for a scrapbook page or an altered journal page or inside a photo frame too.

x Leo