HI All

This is as much a bit of a moan as anything else but when I cut A4 card down to make cards it NEVER seems to line up quite right. I have just invested in a martha scoring board, which I'm really liking as my scoring was sometimes definitely the problem. But I am still finding as I line up my card on the board that it's not quite square. Its only a little bit off, but it is noticeable when the card is shut. This is all compounded by the fact I have just binned my trimmer (the trimmer woes are a whole nother rant lol) and am having to cut with a craft knife so my measuring is clearly a little off. I also checked the cardstock I was using - its A4 heavy weight textured card -and it turns out that is not 100% square either so assuming it must have been cut from bigger sheets prior to being A4. Again only a tiny bit but all these tiny bits add up to a slightly wonky card base!! Unfortunately a new trimmer is not in the cards for a few months until my bank balance feels a bit healthier after Christmas so if anyone has any tips at all (other than persevere and practice) for less wonky cutting I'd be most grateful!!! Also if anyone can recommend a nice smooth reasonably heavy white card stock that's good for bases, that would also be great!
Thanks for listening to me complaining, lol!
Julia