Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    sorry to say I am dissapointed too. Had only just subscribed (november) when it became bi-monthly (and I wouldnt have subscribed anyway if I had known that). I hoped it would be bigger and better but it is full of adverts and I didnt turn a single page corner down, nothing in there I loved or felt inspired by.

The best thing about it was the free Kate Crane DVDs which came with the subscription, those are fab and it was worth subscribing to get those, but the mag isnt hitting the spot Im afraid.

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (82)
    I was miffed that 2 full pages were wasted by spreading out what the content was. So though we are being told it's now 100 pages thick you can count out several pages through adverts( I know you need adverts to help pay for the mag) and rubbish. I've gone through the mag again and am still disappointed with it's content. I know you are never going to please everyone with a mags content, but I feel in every issue some of the layouts are alot to be desired and nothing special, IMO looks like the paper and embellishments have just been thrown on or that an 8yr could do better. I know this sounds very harsh but it's how I feel. I keep my sub as I keep hoping maybe next mag will be better......

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    We are so disappointed to hear some of the comments here. We've worked extremely hard on this issue and tried to respond to reader feedback when putting together the content. If anyone has time to send us some detailed comments by email to scrap365@traplet.com we'd be most grateful. We know we can't please everyone but we would like to know what we can do better and what it is you'd really like to see.

To respond to the last poster if I may, there are no more advert pages than in the previous issue and the contents has always been spread over two pages since the first issue (it's too much to fit onto one page). The new issue does have quite a lot more editorial pages and more layouts than ever before.

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    well your attitude is encouraging, and at least you are saying that you would welcome comments and would listen. This is refreshing.

I'll try and put my finger on something more concrete and send you some comments. Thank you for reacting in this way. I do realise you cant please all the people all the time!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)
    I had the latest issue at our crop today. Although very slightly bigger, we reckoned just over 14 pages, it wasn't a significant rise in volume. Fair enough yes going bi monthly, which is what the pr spin is with making it better, but it certainly doesnt justify a rise of _£1 for the extra few pages. With money tight for most, a good paperback can be bought for around the same price and worry that our only uk scrap mag is going to price itself out of the market. Even the Australian and American mags at our crop were cheaper than that today!
    [B] Anything goes CJ
    Swaps - chunky 7 April card swap

View Gallery

Am I the only one who prefers the new magazine?

I've been a subscriber since the very beginning and love the new one which is 45p extra not £1 as Poet Crafty states.
    The Dec issue was £4.50, the latest one £4.95 and subscribers pay less.
    Chris

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Sorry for sounding cynical but.....Going Bimonthly save a lot on postage, for the company. We pay more for less pages than we had in the two separate issues........easy to see the reasons behind the changes.
    Last edited by cariad_1; 20-01-2013 at 11:29 AM.

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by cariad_1 View Post
    Deleted by author
    Ah OK - perhaps give them a ring and check!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris55 View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers the new magazine?
    I'm happier with it because I think that the split between layouts/other project has improved i.e. there are even more layouts compared to off the page/art journalling etc I haven't done a page by page comparison though.

I'd rather have a (half-?) decent magazine every other month (for 45p more) than pay every month for something that was too full of stuff that really doesn't interest me! The other thing that works with it going alternate months is that we won't be overwhelmed with seasonal crafting - Feb/March was not overwhelmed with lovey-dovey Valentine's pages and I'm hoping that Dec/Jan 2013 won't be chock full of Xmas either.

[P.S. Counting the covers (including 3 full-page adverts) in with your 100 pages of inspiration total does make me laugh - but that's advertising for you and Scrap365 is just joining the ranks of all retailers/manufacturers who bleat about "up to 70% off", "new improved formula" etc etc]
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

Dedicated Scrapper heather belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Well, my mag DID arrive - well ahead of the day that I thought it would arrive. I was very happy.... at the time I did not have the chance to look at it....

Now if someone could kindly advise me where I put it I would be most grateful. I've been looking for days now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (50)
    We can watch and see how the next issue is I suppose. I think at least the mag seem to be listening. Hopefully we'll retain this title for the UK scrappers:-D
    [B] Anything goes CJ
    Swaps - chunky 7 April card swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    I've gone through the mag again and am still disappointed with it's content. I know you are never going to please everyone with a mags content, but I feel in every issue some of the layouts are alot to be desired and nothing special, IMO looks like the paper and embellishments have just been thrown on or that an 8yr could do better. I know this sounds very harsh but it's how I feel. I keep my sub as I keep hoping maybe next mag will be better......
    Wow, that is indeed a bit harsh. What sort of layouts do you like? I had to run upstairs, get my magazine and carefully and critically go through it. Even though not every layout is for me, I cannot say that I felt any of them deserved the "an 8year old could do better" remark.

Of course each to their own and if that is how you feel then that is how you feel.

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (82)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousette View Post
    Wow, that is indeed a bit harsh. What sort of layouts do you like? I had to run upstairs, get my magazine and carefully and critically go through it. Even though not every layout is for me, I cannot say that I felt any of them deserved the "an 8year old could do better" remark.

Of course each to their own and if that is how you feel then that is how you feel.

I've subbed to 365 from day one and only a couple of those mags can I say I really enjoyed, I've thought several times to stop my sub but think hey maybe the next mag and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way, several on here have said the same and lots who I crop with have the same feelings. IMHO I feel designers need to be changed every 6 months to give us something
    different as there is alot of talent out there. In the mag I find some of the designers churn out the same kind of layout month in month out. I personally do not want to see loads of layouts of the same sketch. I do love to see different styles...fussy layouts aswell as simple non fussy ones.
    Two of my favourite UK designers are Rachel Elliott and Lou Collins....now they are what I call good designers.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    We are all so different aren't we. You see now for me, I gravitate towards a completely different type of layout and some of my fave designers in the magazine at the moment are Kristin Tweedale, Wendy McKee, Margrethe Aas Johnsen, Rebekah Day, Els Brige .... to name but a few.

I actually had to quickly leaf through the magazine and jot down names as there have been so many new designers that I cannot rattle all the names off by heart. In that respect I feel Katy and Morag really do try to keep it fresh. The Scrap365 blog party (on at the moment) is all about introducing new designers.

Granted, some designers have been there from the beginning (and you might be referring to me when you say "churn out the same kind of layout month in and month out") but over all I think Katy has managed to keep adding to the team and currently has a rather large design team to pool from.

I am sorry the content has not appealed to you this month, but I have to say the nice thing about the editorial team is that they really do listen to reader feedback, so shoot an e-mail off to Katy telling her what you dislike and what you would like to see more off.

It is very tough as magazines do cost a lot of money and I fully appreciate been disappointed with the content of a particular mag, heaven knows I have bought many crafting magazines in the past and thought that my money could have been better spent elsewhere. Ironically I personally actually really liked this months magazine (not saying that at all because I contribute to the mag, purely as a reader, I also like some months better than others and for me this one was a good one).

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I am still waiting for my copy to arrive, I had to cancell my subscription for because we had no money coming in, was told that I still had 2 copies due before my subscription expired,
    JanetO

x

East Kilbride, Scotland but my second home is in Beadnell, Northumberland
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Has anybody had their letter from Scrap 365 yet

Was just wondering as a payment of £10.70 was taken out of my bank today and its only three months since the last one came out. Just wondering if this one will now cover six months as I would like to have a note when the next payment will be due

Joint Red Ribbon House Leader

My Blog

Stamped heads/postage people ATC swap