Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Sorry if this is a silly question but I have put all my files on a cd, will this not work if I buy a new computer. I was thinking about buying an external hard drive, I would hate to lose all the lovely files you so kindly allow us to use.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anns folly View Post
    Sorry if this is a silly question but I have put all my files on a cd, will this not work if I buy a new computer. I was thinking about buying an external hard drive, I would hate to lose all the lovely files you so kindly allow us to use.
    I can't see why any reason why they wouldn't work Ann

View Gallery

ha ha

Thanks Doreen
    Now I dont feel so stupid for asking

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen
    Now I dont feel so stupid for asking
    No need to ever feel stupid Ann.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am the same as Debron.
    I have C:\Program Files\Silhouette Studio\Resources\resources\com.aspexsoftware.Silho uette_Studio.8

but not C:\ProgramData\com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio .8

i have looked where you have yours Doreen and also done a search but i can't find it. I have windows 7, 32 bit.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    If you backup your data files to a CD the you should have no problems, but you can't back up your Windows operating system files and all your program files the same way. You either need to keep and backup copies of the installation files (disks or downloaded files) to reinstall, or take a different sort of backup called a disk image which you need special backup software to do.

External drives, CDs, or the little USB drives are all OK to use for backups, but the restriction about operating systems and program files will apply to all of them. If you need to know more about this then "Google is your friend" as Lucille used to say.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaUK View Post
    I am the same as Debron.
    I have C:\Program Files\Silhouette Studio\Resources\resources\com.aspexsoftware.Silho uette_Studio.8

but not C:\ProgramData\com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio .8

i have looked where you have yours Doreen and also done a search but i can't find it. I have windows 7, 32 bit.
    Give us some time to get our heads round it and I'll double check locations and update the instructions - I know that some Windows systems have these files in different places...

In the meantime - did you do your search for com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio .8 on your C drive - that should find it wherever it lives?

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Card Maker and Robo Fanatic
    View Gallery

Thank you Rosemary, I do backup to an external hard drive simply by copying BUT this information is brilliant because one day I will have to change from xp - not through choice I might add - xp simply wont be around and to know my way around a new package without all the hassle is absolutely GREAT
    Once again thanks - Nana Pam
    Just a suggestion (hope nobody minds) couldn't this info be moved to the tutorial section when it's moved from chat

View Gallery

Yes that's where I want to put it - or as a sticky - but I'll need to check that I now have sufficient permission to do this.

Rosemary

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Rosemary, Yes I have the first file but not the second. No program data file.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi Rosemary, thank you for the info but I am running Vista and I don't have

My Computer and locate C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8

I just have: 'C:\Documents and Settings', when I click on it, it says access denied, I've tried to gain access by changing the permissions but it just won't let me. No idea what I'm doing wrong, any ideas anyone? Thanks

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Just a guess Anne but you could try looking under C:\Users\<username>AppData\Local

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks Shirley, just tried that and still nothing. I've been into all of these and there's nothing like that anywhere (see below) am I looking in completely the wrong place?
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Have just tried following the instructions given at the beginning of this topic. The only way I could locate the file was by typing everything into the Start search box and when I got as far as 'resources' a folder called SPEC_SS2 came up and when clicked the desired folder appeared. It is worth noting (for technophobes like me) that the spaces between Program Files and Silhouette Studio are required and that the whole string is case sensitive.

However, having gained access to the files I was not offered the option to Copy, only to Burn and my system wanted to Burn to Drive E whereas I want to burn to disk on my external DVD Writer which is Drive F. I don't know how to persuade my computer to copy the files to Drive F, can some computerate person help me please?

Shirley

View Gallery

Can you not select then right click the file/choose copy (from the list) then paste it to your external drive