Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Card Software?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Question Card Software?

Hi,

Newb

Have a relative who loves card making. They used to use Microsoft Picture It with great success until it was withdrawn. Recently they started using Word 2007 instead, but manoeuvring jpegs & WordArt all over the place eventually tied Word up in knots and crashed the pc.

They have tried Hallmark Card Studio with limited success but Card Studio likes to print 'Hallmark' on everything, and there doesn't seem to be a blank card option, where you can design your own card (jpeg) without a fancy border.

Is there a way to sidestep templates in Hallmark Card Studio please?

Or does anyone know of a card making software which would allow someone to design their own cards from start to finish please - without having to use pre-set templates?

Many thanks,

Phaeton

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I can't help you with the hallmark problem I am afraid, but I use Craft Artist from Serif for everything. There are many free kits to download from daisy trail, and you can search the net for free digit it's to import. You can import jpgs too.
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

View Gallery

Microsoft publisher is also ok.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Serif or My Craft Studio? Personally I use MS Publisher for most of my designs, but then thats probably because I know how to use Publisher......

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I use paintshoppro. I have the docrafts software too and that is very easy to use and you can use your own jpeg images with it.
    Nic

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

I use Silhouette Studio, which is a free software. It is primarily intended for the Cameo and Robo cutting machines but you can design whatever you want on there, use all the fonts on your machine, import jpgs, pngs, etc and make your own shapes, and print out. It is very versatile and free and if you have any questions on using it just ask on Craft Robo chat.
    Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have Halmark 2007 so not sure if its the same as yours but with mine to design from scratch you have to click the tab that says Art Studio then it should give you a list of items to choose a blank template.

I also have Nova greeting card factory which i find better than hallmark. That also allows you to design from scratch.

View Gallery

Thumbs up Thanks :)

Many thanks!

We will probably go for the Serif, because I have also used Serif for other things - video editing & web design, so they are a known quantity.

Phaeton

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    I have Halmark 2007 so not sure if its the same as yours but with mine to design from scratch you have to click the tab that says Art Studio then it should give you a list of items to choose a blank template.

I also have Nova greeting card factory which i find better than hallmark. That also allows you to design from scratch.
    Thanks Helen,

The worst thing about Hallmark was that it started printing out enormous arrows and crosses to key in card designs, awfully wasteful on both ink and paper!

Wil have a look at the Art Studio tab.

Best thanks,

Phaeton

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

i find the do crafts free download creativity suite fab its so easy to use and also works with mac

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for asking this & for the responses.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by niknoo1966 View Post
    i find the do crafts free download creativity suite fab its so easy to use and also works with mac
    Ooh thanks for the tip I have a Mac now and am using Pages but I do miss the graphics which come with a greeting card software.

Hallmark definitely do a from scratch one because I was looking into it for the Mac.

Can you not use Microsoft Picture It with Word 2007 or is it not compatible?

I used to use it a lot, in fact that was what got me started making cards originally, only because I had a computer and didn't know what to do with it.

My favourite was Broderbund's Carlton Cards but I don't think you can get that anymore.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Where do I find the creativity suite software by Do crafts please? I've been on their site but can't seem to find it.

View Gallery

I use Greetings Card Factory Delux, and with this one it is a very good one, you can make everything else as well
    you pick the size of card, you can add photos you can design from scratch,
    I have used this programme for the last 10 years, when I first bought this it was £89,
    but the latest one is £39.99, you can research it on the web, hope that this is helpful for you
    Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I still have the old Greeting Card Factory Deluxe (one of the first I bought). Does the new one work with a Mac? That's why I am interested in the Do Crafts one. Most Greeting Card software seemed aimed at pc rather than Mac.