Nobody Better Lay a Finger on my UKScrappers.

K for kink

by elainevking

July Wk 4 Miss Defiant

by thriftycrafter

July Wk 3 Bon Appetit

by thriftycrafter

All poshed up

by scrapdolly

Chain Link 1

by alison 2

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > & now for something completely different

Notices

ATDML banner

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

December's Project, Step by Step

And our final something different tutorial! Here's the December project, with 12 small photos for a Year in Review, or you can change it up to another theme that suits, of course!

Choose a subtle pattern for your background to keep at the full page size, and print twelve small photos. I printed mine as squares at 1.8 inches so I could print them on two 4x6 photo papers, but you could simply crop down to a square from a larger print if you have some extra prints already. I chose one photo to represent each month of 2012. (That was probably the hardest part!)

Crop these if necessary and try adding black ink to the edges. It will bring some continuity to the pictures even though they are all different things and possibly taken with different cameras or styles.

Choose twelve scraps of paper from recent projects. It is really best to make them recent scraps if you're doing a Year in Review page - that way the papers reflect this particular year in your crafting style as well.

Cut a box from each of those patterns - three inches wide, one inch tall. If your pattern has a definite right way up, take care when cutting it, as the strips will be horizontal on the page.

Ink the edges if you like and adhere the strips flush to the left edge of the page, creating a patchworked border. It's okay if the right edge isn't completely in line, as long as it's pretty close.

Take the first of your three 12" strips - be they washi tape, ribbon or something similar - and run this along the right edge of the patchworked papers. This can cover up any little gaps along that edge too, if needed.

Work out the spacing for your 12 square photos to go to the left of the border you just added. Adhere your photos in two columns. (Make sure you get them in the order you want!)

Using a shape you have used often this year, punch twelve pieces from one of the patterns you used in the patchworked border. Choose something light or plain, as we'll write on it later.

Adhere one punched shape to each photo. You can keep them all in the same place, alternate or randomise the placement - whatever you prefer.

Use your pen to label each photo by writing on the punched shapes.

Use the second 12" strip on the far right edge of the page, flush with the edge of the paper. (I repeated the same washi tape I used before - you can repeat or use something different.)

View Gallery

Near the bottom right corner, use the large stickers to create the first part of the title. (That will be the numbers for the year if you're doing a month-by-month theme.)

Use the small letter stickers under that to finish the title.

Take the third 12" strip and start at the bottom of the page working up, leaving a gap for the title. Then start again on the other side of the title and run that strip up to the top of the page. If you're using ribbon, you can cut the edges with an inverted V to have a nice finish since it doesn't tear like washi tape!

Number a list starting above the title and finishing below the title - one to twelve, leaving space to write a caption for each photo.

Fill in those spaces with something to summarise each month's activities or what's happening in the corresponding picture.

Tidy up the edges of the tape/ribbon/etc and any patterned paper that overhangs the background before going on to the next step.

Pierce holes along the right side border. You can choose any pattern you like! I just did a simple zig-zag across the two tapes, leaving a gap for the title.

Stitch it up with a needle and thread.

And there you go: the twelfth finished project and a dozen tutorials in hopes that you tried something a little different to your scrapping norm in 2012!

Thanks so much for joining me, and I hope you'll share your pages in the gallery if you give this project a try!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    This looks like fun! I'll have to review my photos from the year and see if I can choose 12 for this.

Dedicated Scrapper soaphousemama's Avatar
    View Gallery

Uploaded mine :)

Got mine uploaded. Thanks for an awesome year of lessons, Shimelle!
    Last edited by soaphousemama; 25-12-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Am going to use this for my JYC, thanks for the class.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

And here is my last LO for 2012, there are precious memories and it was a wonderful year with you. Thanks Shimelle for the instructive lessons, it was great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

That's my final one, I've loved doing these classes all year, Thank you Shimelle.
    Jo

View Gallery

Thanks for these classes; I'm so happy that I managed to do them all.

I used this one for a Christmas page, with papers from Pebbles Welcome Christmas line.

View Gallery

Here's mine, I've managed to do all these super challenges
    Chris

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

i love that someone did a year in review of layouts.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This would work for lots of different albums - the sports season in review or the trip in review or the school year in review............thanks Shimelle.

+ Post New Thread