Sept week 4 - 3 loves

by lou@papermaker

Sep week 2

by elainevking

Friday 5 - Kew

by lou@papermaker

I am brave

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > & now for something completely different

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

November's Project, Step by Step

Start with a neutral colour for your background cardstock, and select a variety of photos in the same direction and size. This works particularly well with landscapes, and can work out well with landscape photos that aren't particularly perfect, but still have some part of the photo you want to include.

Cut a large box from the most obvious pattern in the supplies you've chosen. Ink the edges if desired and attach in the top half of the page.

Cut a short, wide box from one of the other two patterns. If one of your patterns has some sort of line to the design, save that one for later and use the other option here. Attach this at the bottom of the page. Judge the size of this box by how much space you have left on the page after adhering the large box in the previous step, so there's no gap between the two.

Time to be brave! Cut the landscapes into segments. Keep all of them the full width (I used all 4x6 prints, so each cropped piece is still six inches wide) and use the images themselves to decide where to crop. You can include all of a picture and use fewer photos or omit some parts of the photos that are imperfect and use more pictures to end up filling the same amount of space.

Arrange all the photo strips in a vertical stack. You can put them in any order you fancy, of course. I tried to keep all the skies from the various photos at the top and all the ground sections at the bottom, but you can try different arrangements until you see something you like!

When adhering the photos, adhere the largest piece last. That way if the spacing is slightly off and you need to have a slightly larger gap between the photos, it will look best either side of the larger photo.

Now go to your remaining patterned paper. Cut some horizontal strips, letting the pattern dictate the size. With a small pattern, you might use three small strips; with a larger pattern it might just be one larger strip. Adhere these to the left of the photo strip at the bottom of the page.

Repeat the same patterned strip concept in a smaller size at the top right of the page.

It may be useful to look at the photos to guide your placement at the top right, selecting one of the photos to highlight with the patterned strips. With a chevron or arrow design, you can position the strips so they point toward the photos on both points on the page.

View Gallery

Tidy up both sides by trimming off the excess from those strips and reinking those edges if needed.

For the title, select a large stamp set and an ink pad that will leave some translucence, like a chalk ink or a distress ink. Use the stamps to spell out the first word in the title.

Handwrite the second word in the title, writing it over the top of the stamped letters, at the bottom of the lettering.

Use the same pen to outline the stamped letters, leaving small gaps around the word you've already written.

Finish the title with letter stickers. Align the wording to the right side.

Take your shaped element (something premade, die-cut, punched, handcut, etc!) and place this in the gap to the left of the title. You can add more embellishment here if you fancy.

Add your writing at the top of the page, to the left of the photos. If your pattern is too bold for the writing to be legible, write it on strips of something more neutral and attach them over the top.

To finish, take your enamel dots or other small embellishment and add a bit near the title and a bit near the paper strips at the top right. Nice and simple! Since the photos take a little more concentration to see than a normal layout, don't be too tempted to add lots more to this design, though of course you can customise it however you fancy!

Do share your results with us in the gallery! And be brave cropping those photos. Use digital images so there's no worry and enjoy!

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Oh crickey - I'd given up printing photos of 'scenery' as I never seem to find a way to use them. Now I have a way and will have to see if I have some suitable pics hidden away somewhere! Especially as the printer has just run out of ink so I can't print at home
    Looking forward to this,

Louise x

Dedicated Scrapper soaphousemama's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Uploaded mine :)

Uploaded mine to the gallery. I really enjoyed this!
    Last edited by soaphousemama; 25-12-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper kathyisshopping's Avatar
    View Gallery

Here's my interpretation of this project.
    I've enjoyed this series projects and look forward to whats in store for next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

I wasn't brave enough to cut up these photos (and the middle one wouldn't work if I cut it) but I will keep this idea in mind. We are cruising the Norwegian fjords next summer and I know that I will have lots of panoramic photos to scrap afterwards.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 859 Posts
    Great LO's ladies
    I've managed to do mine today. will try and find time to upload tomorrow. Loved doing this, a technique I must use more often - great for landscapes !
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 859 Posts
    Here's mine, also uploaded to the gallery
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

View Gallery

Here's mine, I've only just got my scrapping space back, the only downside of christmas is having to use the dining room for dining in!
    Jo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here is my contribution. There was a lot of fun working on it.

View Gallery

Here's mine
    Chris

+ Post New Thread