Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (40)

album just using quotes

I love quotes/sayings etc....

has anyone just used quotes in an album on a daily purpose ( ie is there a challenge/ promt list anywhere)
    was thinking along the lines of a quote=a picture PL style, but using any picture from any year to use some of my huge stash of pics that match the quote/saying etc.
    hope that makes sense.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I made this minibook for my son last Christmas. If you click the arrows above the post to go back one and forward one, those posts also apply.

It uses Quotes on strips and the Day of the week with a song title or lyric that includes that day as the page titles.

There are too many photos to pick just one but this gives you the idea:

Each little quote strip has a quote on one side and my writing, interpreting the quote on the other.

what I liked about it was that I could easily make MORE strips at any time to add to the pocket or replace the original ones.

Does THAT make sense??

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I've done a couple of circle journals with just quotes and they're great. Titles like "Words of Wisdom", "happiness is ...." (each page has another happiness quote), etc.

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I'm considering doing this journal style, for a few months now I've been saving some of the quotes I see off one of the facebook sites - "Lessons Learned in Life" or some such... the quotes and sayings that appeal to me get copied into a word document and I'm planning on journalling using them and being able to have free rein with stamping, stencilling, inks, colours, photos etc...

Some of the quotes can stand by themselves, others I think I will expand on and say how they quote makes me feel.

Just remember - there are no scrapbooking police! if you want to do it - do it!
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have a small note pad that I started a month back where I write quotes and verses from lyrics that mean something to me in and even little reminders for me like "There are people in your life that can help, you just have to ask." I'm hoping to use them in my art journalling when I get some time. But I write them in this book as soon as I come across them so as not to forget.

please check out my blog http://vixensscrapping.blogspot.com/ updated 06/06/13 http://vixensweddingplanning.blogspot.com/ 26/08/09

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I made a little album using just quotes. I had a small tin (actually a Tom Thumb cigar tin) that I covered and decorated, then just cut card to fit, decorated and wrote quotes on one side. On the other side I put the author's name. I keep it on my desk and can refer to it if I want to use any of the quotes in my scrapbooking. It was great fun to do.
    ANNIE

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I made this minibook for my son last Christmas. If you click the arrows above the post to go back one and forward one, those posts also apply.

It uses Quotes on strips and the Day of the week with a song title or lyric that includes that day as the page titles.

There are too many photos to pick just one but this gives you the idea:

Each little quote strip has a quote on one side and my writing, interpreting the quote on the other.

what I liked about it was that I could easily make MORE strips at any time to add to the pocket or replace the original ones.

Does THAT make sense??

that's really nice work that hun well done its beautiful!!
    x