Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

wink photo editing software

hi i think i have asked this before but cannot find it i need some simple photo editing software,if it was free that would be even better i am niot the createst on the computer .

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    It depends what you want to do - if you're not going to need it forever I would suggest downloading Photoshop Elements for the free trial. There's no catch - they remind you when the payment is due and it's easy to cancel it.

Gimp is free, and it does the majority of the things that pse does. You shouldn't have trouble finding out how it works if you're just doing basic stuff, there are plenty of tutorials available. There are other free photo editing programs too.

Programs like Picasa and Word also have editing features - like I say, it depends what you want to do really.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    If you have a PC (not sure if it's on a Mac) you should have Paint on your computer already, it's in accessories in the start menu

Dedicated Scrapper YorkshireLass's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    If you're after simple and free then I'd download Picasa - I have it, and PSE, and tend to use Picasa for the simple stuff like cropping, colour correcting and resizing, and then PSE for more complicated stuff like running actions.
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15

View Gallery

Thanks jules have down loaded picasa wil have a play but am icorrect inthinking that if you alter the orignal it willnot keep the orignal or am i wrong \?

View Gallery

Hmm good question - I save all of my originals in one folder, and when I've edited them I export the edited photo into a different folder. I then close Picasa without saving the edits to the original, but to be honest I've never checked back in the originals folder to see if the edits have been saved automatically or not. Am not near my computer at the mo to check, but will try and think on to check tomorrow.
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

If I'm going to edit a photo I open the original and resave it with a different name (e.g. Photo-edited rather than Photo) and then open up the copy and edit that. That makes sure I don't accidentally alter the original.

Btw, I use MS Office Picture Manager to edit all my photos... if you have the MS Office package, it comes as part of it.
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

Dedicated Scrapper Jacqui200284's Avatar
    View Gallery

I use a programme called photoscape. It's free to down load, easy to use and it gives you the option on whether to keep your original ect. I recently downloaded Picasa. It find it way more confussion to use than photoscape.

View Gallery

Thanks for all your great ideas, i agree now that picasa is a confusing . But that is a great idea to copy the pic and alter the copy. May have a look at photoscape

I am going to be honest i ordered serif photo plus 4 and cannot get my head around it , but perhaps it me

thaks all

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireLass View Post
    Hmm good question - I save all of my originals in one folder, and when I've edited them I export the edited photo into a different folder. I then close Picasa without saving the edits to the original, but to be honest I've never checked back in the originals folder to see if the edits have been saved automatically or not. Am not near my computer at the mo to check, but will try and think on to check tomorrow.
    I've just checked and my originals are still original If I open the edited photo in Picasa it shows it with the edits, but if I open it in PSE or Paint it's the original image.
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15