Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help. Why do promakers have so many names.

Hi everyone.

I am new to this site and new to promarkers also. I dearly want to start colouring with these pens and have researched and researched...errr so much I have now confused myself. There are so many tiltes to them. Can anyone tell me which selections I should go for. There is seasons as in Summer Autumn Spring and Winter. Manga, Blending, Vivid. Garden , Rubber Stamping, Comic etc etc etc. What on earth is the difference, is there any difference other than the colours and if not, why do they have these different names as to me they suggest there are for different types of art.

So if any one can supply the answer, I will be very grateful.

Thank you all in advance.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Hi, as far as I can tell, these are just different collections of colours that Letraset put together. The only problem is that there are often repeats of colours in different sets, so if you buy a number of these sets you may end up with a number of duplicates. Each pack tells you which colours are included, so you should be able to choose ones without duplicates in.
    I have been using promarkers for a while and really like them. I bought a few packs to start off with e.g. skin tones, but now just buy odd ones to fit in with my collection. (Saying that, my daughter bought me 2 of the newly released collections for Mother's day, but they are all colours that I don't have).
    Promarkers and Flexmarkers are alcohol based. I think Aqua markers are water based. Gwen xxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Gwennie for you reply. Yes reading your reply, I understand what you mean. I have found five packs which only double up twice with the greens which I think I would use quite a lot so i do not mind doubling up on these colours. But all the colours seem to be of the same hue (if that is the correct terminology), they are so similar. I seem to lack vivid colours buying this way. The down side with buying them one at a time, is they are so expensive. I will have to take another look and see if I cn mix and match a better way. I know I would use all the colours which a very very close together, but this limits me to the areas which I will want bright. Hmm, my problem is I want the all right away. lol. I guess I shall have to accept slowly does it.
    I tried to post this response last night, but for some reason the computer would not let me, it sort of froze and then would not load this site. However, silly me being new here also posted in another room, where I have had some response. I have decided to check carefully the colours/sets and go for pale colours with skin accents and tones as I will use these colours the most, given I want to try my hand a colouring Tilda staps. All that is left for me to do now is practice and hopefully I will master the art and get them to look great.

I will let everyone know once this is achieved...lol don't hold your breath, still I will have fun and relaxing times whilst trying.

Thanks Gwennie

Many thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You can also build up layers on the pale ones to make them darker .... just let the layer dry first.

I haven't looked in a while but I thought they did a set of "vivid". Set 1 has some "strong" colours

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I bought mine in singles and someone gave me a tip to buy in two shades of one colour
    I got a selection only have 20 but fine its ok for me
    Also you often see them for sale in marketplace on this site peeps have duplicates so worth checking there too
    Be careful they are addictive

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Buying the packs of Promarkers is a good way to build up your collection if you're starting from scratch. You can always get a couple of packs to get a basic selection of colours and then buy some singles in more vibrant colours so that you've got some of those too. It's also worth, as said above, getting more than one shade of a colour - e.g. if you choose a vibrant pink colour, buy another that is similar but slightly lighter or darker (or, ideally, one on either "side" of the colour you've chosen) as these will blend well with that colour for shading etc. Letraset do do some "blending" packs that have, I think, 10 or 12 pens that are specifically chosen in pairs as colours that blend well together (and a blending pen too).
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes Liz they do do a 'vivid' set. I have finally made my choice and am going to buy blending pens, muted, skin tones and skin accents. Then build up to greens as I do lots of trees and leaves. Then shades of pinks, lilacs, reds and yellows. I am addicted already and I do not have one pen yet.
    Placed an order with cowling and wilcox today. Wow you need to check out their prices, I saved £49.00 and even had the cheek to ring them and ask them for a few complimaentry items, we they agreed to. I am so excited.

Thank you all you have been so helpful.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you so much for this infomation...off to look now.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

To Alipeeps and Bramblepie.....Thank you so much

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Help Ladies.....Errr how to I get to the marketplace pleaseeeeeeeeeeee. Not that I am dumb or anything. lol

View Gallery

Janiejo go to the red box top this page 2nd from right next to home say's forums click on that theres a whole new world there scroll down till you see marketplace click on that

View Gallery

Maybe I shouldnt have shown you how to get there thats also very addictive
    Janie you soon find your way around everyone is helpful and friendly

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Bramblepie Thank you soooo much. I will go there now. By the way..I love your donkey. I am also into equines, I have five , no four horses and a devine 34 inch leopard spot pony. He is so adorable I could cuddle him all day and all night.
    Thanks once again[/B]