Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper YorkshireLass's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)

Smash vs Fancy Pants Brag Book

My sister is going on an amazing trip to the US soon, and as it's her birthday next week I thought I'd get her a travel journal. She's not a scrapper, in fact she's not really crafty at all, but she loves looking at the stuff that I do, so I want to make the right choice.

Am I better going with a Smash book or a Fancy Pants brag book? I'm thinking with the Fancy Pants one she has the option of putting things in pockets rather than just sticking everything down, but I don't know if the Smash books have that option too?

Has anyone bought either of them for a non-scrapper?

And... I know where I can get the Brag books from, but is there anywhere other than Am***n that has the Smash stuff?
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Smash stuff is properly available in the UK beginning of April but there are sponsors on here that stock it. Fancy Pants are bringing out kits to go with the brag books that look really good. I have a box of goodies downstairs that I haven't opened yet and im hoping they're in that. But you can probably find them on the FP website.
    Jacqui

I can do cutting and sticking! PinkSparklyScrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I have the brag book - It's gorgeous! We decorated it at a class with dividers for the months of the year, but you could easily make it dates or places. There's loads of space and the pockets will hold photo CDs if she wants.

Sorry I haven't put mine on my blog yet because it has no photos in yet. I will endeavor to add a photo or 2 for you tomorrow when I have some daylight

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Simple Stories are also bringing out some new 'books'. They were at CHA and looked a good size for a travel journal. I know some of the sponsors said they were getting them in. Sorry don't know how to do links

Cris

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I'm stocking the simple stories ranges too ... They're due in first/second week of march!
    Personally I love my brag book ... I have one as my wedding planner and they're bringing out a cream version next

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'd definitely recommend the Brag Books, they're gorgeous!! Perfect for adding photos and items into the pockets and they look amazing! The cream is due out in March I think and we have it on order. A brag book would be my personal choice

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    You'd need to add pockets to a smash book to get the same thing. I love my FP one as it has so many pockets you don't need to work too hard to keep your stuff where you want it. I would recommend a smash glue/pen to go with it though so you can stick and write on the go.

I had a really nice travel book from Paperchase as well - had some pockets and photo bits and more related pages.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    With the brag book, is it set pages or can you move the pockets etc around?
    Terri

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    They are set -the book is spiral bound. You could take it apart but it would require some effort.

You have a repeating set of four kraft pages, ruled on one side, then a page protector which would hold 4 x 4x6 back to back, then a black pocket with a black plain side, then it starts again. This repeats about 8 times (rough estimate) then there are a load of pockets at the back.

Dedicated Scrapper YorkshireLass's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanks for the input everyone - although the general consensus on here seems to be for the brag books, I googled around a bit and managed to find a few youtube videos showing the inside pages of the smash books, and the orange one is perfect for her trip! So I've ordered one, plus a travel themed smash pad, some pockets and tape - I just hope she likes it now
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15