Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: old kits

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love Hedgie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)

old kits

I have a drawer filled with kits that I have never used and to be honest some of the papers would really stretch my comfort zone... so not sure if I should break them up and put the cardstock with my other stash and papers or if i should just grab a pack and find a suitable photo. Advice would be most welcome

Chinese Whispers Christmas Card Swap Chinese Whisper LO swap

Living in the fantasy world of Edward and Bella leeann21's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    I would pick a kit and find a photo, it is a great way of challenging yourself x
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Could you use the papers you're not so keen on as photo mats! I agree with Leeann though!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

Dedicated Scrapper Wrightboysmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (38)
    I've mixed older papers I'm not loving that much with newer ones and it's given them a new lease of life.
    I also mix kits together regularly especially if it's near the end of their life and it gets more out of them. Sometimes it will surprise you how well they work together or give you combinations you hadn't thought of.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    You could do either, I suppose. Once upon a time I would have broken them up, but these days I would keep them intact and maybe print out some b&w photos if you have that option. But if not, use whatever photos you think work best. You can always add something in to a kit from your existing stash, but I find that if you have supplies gathered together you're more likely to make the effort to use them all, and put more on the LO.

Also, of course, those supplies will have been selected to work together in some way.

Give it a go, I say! Have some neutral cardstock or papers on hand to tone things down a bit if necessary. But I vote for using them as kits!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Try challenging yourself with the kit and photo to begin with an dafter you've finished a layout, add the remaining items to your stash. That way you won't feel so bad, you've used the kit and pushed yourself with using materials you wouldn't normally use but you've also gained stash to now use as you please

Lynne
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    I confess, I use the papers that are not to my taste in CJs ... its surprising how good they look with someone elses photo!

Every artist was first an amateur. ani's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    See if you can find any examples of the how the kits have been used. I had a kit arrive a couple of weeks ago and was a bit unimpressed, however, now I have seen what others have done I can't wait to get it out an play.
    Ani