Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Studio/SVG Templates > Travel/Geography/Landmarks

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: United Kingdom

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Kent Skyline Challenge Card - in RM 2.4

The skylines shared so far this month are all amazing, thank you so much for sharing them.

My entry is a little different, but I hope it will still qualify for the challenge. It is a three layered card of my area – Kent – which is nicknamed ‘The Garden of England’. I’ve used Canterbury Cathedral, some oast houses and cider apples to represent the hop fields and orchards, and the County’s emblem – the Invicta horse.

I cut it from black and fawn duo card with the dark side up, and got Robo to write the greeting in gel pen first, before sending it to cut. I folded it in half (ish), and then folded the front up to make three layers in alternating colours. I used sticky fixers near the fold to keep the front layer in place.

I have tried to photograph the card from the front and the side to show the folds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

View Gallery

Bristol's landmarks and skyline

Good afternoon everyone

I have been watching this challenge with great interest because a couple of years ago I had thought about 'doing' the Bristol skyline (I had even made a start on it!!)

I know my efforts don't either do the amazing work shown on this thread or the beauty of the buildings in this great city justice but I wanted to have a go!

I am sure many of you will recognise the bridge but there are a number of other buildings behind, which some 'locals' might appreciate (especially anyone who went to Uni in Bristol!)

Sue

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

may challange

view of the river Clyde, on my way to do the school run
    Last edited by Lucille; 20-05-2009 at 11:06 AM.
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Top of the liver buildings

A familular landscape to all "scousers". A famous landmark recognised all over the world (maybe not from my drawing though ) Such a shame our beautiful skyline is being ruined by the modern "Lego" style buildings being thrown up today. Rant over.... Hope it is useful to somebody

Sharon