Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Crafting is a lifestyle not a hobby!! Tigs's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)

Album help please

I usually make mini albums and CJ's and one year made a mini album for a member of staff who retired from the school where I worked, as a secret santa gift (although retired she helps out 1 day a week with my class).

Now our caretaker is taking voluntary redundancy in about a months time and I have been asked to make her a 'memory book like you made but bigger and with more photos'.

I have never made a proper scrapbook before so my first problem is how do I go about choosing the album to put it in? I will do 12x12 and like to use flowers and lots of embellishments so that would make quite fat pages so am I right in thinking a D ring one would be best? What make of page protectors will take true 12x12 fat pages? I have a maximum £50 budget and so will be using lots of my own stash (I don't mind).

If anyone has any other hints and tips they would be much appreciated
    Helen

Mojo Busters 3 CJ

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Helen, I use the American Crafts Albums and page protectors! They do take quite fat pages! Good luck with the album, not sure I'd be able to do a complete 12x12 album in a month even though thats the size I always scrap!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    You could always make your own album with book rings. That way you can have the size you want and it will be cheaper.

Crafting is a lifestyle not a hobby!! Tigs's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Thanks for your replies ladies. As this is a gift for someone and it is my first one I think I would rather buy an album but I am really struggling with all the different types.

Any other suggestions welcomed
    Helen

Mojo Busters 3 CJ