Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper paper&ribbons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Do you suffer craft related buyers remorse?

I know that I do! This week I picked up the PP Nantucket 6x6 papers and Ephemera die cut shapes pack, I'd had my eye on these for a while because I loved the colours, now I have it I am looking at it and I just *don't* like it.

I'd planned to make cards with what I bought, but can't see how to use most of the diecuts on the type of cards I make, and the papers just don't do it for me. Now i'm stuck with this set and won't use it!

Do you ever like something online but then hate it when you see it IRL? If so, commiserate with me will ya'?

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper! Dragonfly Jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (109)
    It's not good when things don't match up to our expectations. Sometimes it's just us that change and a style we really loved suddenly is replaced by something else. I think we all have things we've brought that hardly see the light of day now. Hands up those who have a pile of peel offs hidden in a darkened corner

When I started stamping I brought loads of cute type stamps but I hardly use them, my tastes have just completely changed now. I'm going to try and start and make some cards with them for the charity shop.

If you really don't like your die cut things maybe you could sell them on the marketplace?
    Christmas Gift Bag Goodie Swap
    Christmas Stocking Swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Yeah, I'd agree. Put them on the marketplace and use the money to buy something that you will use. Gwen xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    All the time, but only cos I buy too much I get annoyed when I order paper and it's a totally different colour when you get it - though it's not the shops fault, it's still annoying!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I think I must be ill just now. I ordered some goodies-and I can't even remember what I ordered-and the parcel has been sitting unopened now for 4 days!!
    Well actually I have been ill, so maybe that's really is the problem.
    MY SCRAPPY BLOG MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE DT

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    I just looked it up and the papers are really pretty but from what I can see from the diecut shapes I have to say I agree with you on that front. But if you are not liking the papers then maybe the marketplace is best.

I have stacks of papers I have bought which seemed a good idea at the time but they just sit unused as I can't work out what to do with them, I think sometimes I used to buy for the sake of buying.

I have been really reserved on the crafty shopping front for most of last year but I am fancying treating myself to something new today if I can find it. I need to go to a craft shop for something to make a card for someone else so if I see anything I like I will have it but if not then I won't go and buy something just so I don't come home empty handed.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    My latest episode of buyers remorse was the kraft funday multi-coloured 6x6 pad from MME. I thought the colours would be true to the cover - I've always had fab products from MME, but they are nothing like the cover, the colours on the kraft background are not opaque at all, you can hardly see the yellow and the patterns are so dark. I'm really disappointed as I won't get quite so much use out of this pad as I thought I would.

In the grand scheme of things I rarely suffer from buyer's remorse now as I am a lot more particular about what I buy, in the beginning I'd get whole lines to make sure everything coordinated or to use on "that perfect project" that never happened.

After some subtantial clear outs of old stash I have learnt my lesson... well to some extent. I have a few other things that seemed a good idea at the time (sale items) and now I'm not so sure!

I rather liked the look of some of the papers in the Nantucket line, so it's a shame to hear they're not what you expected Ang.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Mmmmmmm yes I have a touch of that today,have got a kit that's just not doing it for me think that really kits aren't for me
    Matchbox Swap

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - beanpole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I bought a couple of packs of paper when I first started scrapping, and was really disappointed cos they are, well, grey... and a really dull grey at that.
    Another pack I bought locally was a sort of velour paper which looked great on the photo but the actual papers inside the pack were really drab and cheap. I actually took them back to the shop! they agreed with me, and refunded me.
    Since then, I've been far more picky. I don't buy kits anyway as it's not what I do, and there'd be far too many bits I'd never use.

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Before I went back to work and got the internet the only place I could get craft goodies (other than a very limited stock in a small local shop) was from QVC (eek!) so I have lots of VERY EXPENSIVE mistakes - I've got rid of some on a certain auction site but not really made any money (and definitely not recouped my original outlay).

Louise

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    I've definitely bought things that I've gone off, but not usually so quickly! They sit around for a bit and I don't know what to do with them. I'm better than I used to be now, partly by only buying a few papers from a collection and partly because I challenge myself to use up old stash on every layout I do. I would definitely sell them if you can't think that you will ever use them and you can buy something you do like instead.

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    i do this all the time and get really annoyed with myself. I bought an oval squeeze punch last week to make lillies with it - my lillies certainly havn't come out as well as the ones in the video and now I'm thinking what a waste of seven quid !

ah well, never mind - no doubt I shall have loads more buyers remorse on loads of things crafty and non crafty - kitchen utensils used to be something I was ALWAYS buying and then not using and sticking the things in cupboards.

I am better than I was.......................I hope.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    As a former CMC with only two customers I was always buying enough to "stay active" (they only scrapped when they were with me so over 7 years have completed maybe 2 albums to my 20+ ) Now I'm a Craftsuperstore Consultant and so far there's no monthly limit but I have bought some stuff and then wondered what i will do with it But I do now have a Big Shot (hidden in a box in the conservatory as DH doesn't know yet... and certainly not about all the embossing folders and dies I got in the sale )so I'm happy.

Dedicated Scrapper paper&ribbons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Glad I'm not alone!

Some of the papers are nice Nat, I might keep those and sell the diecuts!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I saw a good tip in a magazine - if you've got a paper you don't like, rub it all over with clear embossing ink (or stamp a pattern), cover with clear or holographic embossing powder and heat - might be just the thing for dingy grey paper, or you could stamp a really bright contrasting colour like hot pink or acid green