Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper stinky-pearl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Attaching ribbon on landscape invite

Im making wedding invitations for a friend on landscape (A6 when folded) She would like a 10mm ribbon attached across the front with a buckle in the middle. So I put some samples together and the one she chose is one I think could prove to be a pain.

I havent tied the ribbon all the way around to the inside of the card, I have glued it to the front and cut the ends at each side. It looks great but the ends of the ribbon are beginning to fray and it looks untidy. Is there another way I could cut the ribbon without it fraying??? My pal doesnt want the ribbon folded over the edge at each end and stuck down inside because the cut can be seen when opening up the invite.

The cards have been put through my amazing, new printer so there's no need to add other bits of card etc (to maybe hide the cut of ribbon) as that would be adding to my work load. Any help would be great please. thank you.
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]LadyBugs Picnic[/FONT]

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    There's a special ribbon glue for 'sealing' the ends of ribbon - however, for the life of me, I can't remember its name ...

View Gallery

amazing!

Ahhh cal that would be a life saver! Now that In know there is such a thing I can go google it. THANK YOUUUUUUU XXXX

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteri-CAL View Post
    There's a special ribbon glue for 'sealing' the ends of ribbon - however, for the life of me, I can't remember its name ...
    iS IT CALLED 'FRAY CHECK' CAL?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Thats it !!!!!!!!!

Dedicated Scrapper Sara@Paradise's Avatar
    View Gallery

You could make a piece of card slightly smaller than the A6, tuck the ribbons behind and mount it on the folded A6.

It might also be worth mentioning to them that the invites will need large letter stamps - I discovered last week in a conversation with friends that non crafty people have no idea that lumpy post needs a large letter stamp.
    Smiles,
    Sara

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    How about cutting it with a bag sealer? That's able to cut and seal the ends (unless it's a natural firbe such as cotton. Works well on nearly everything else though, and way cheaper than the imaginisce sealer thingy at £20 - my bag sealer was from Kleeneze for about £4!)
    HTH x)

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    There's Fray Stop by Impex Hi-Tack that you could use too. You can buy it at any good haberdashery store. It comes out of the nozzle white but dries clear. I would suggest that you a cocktail stick or something similar just to dab down the side of the card and it would do the trick. Don't use it straight from the nozzle as the nozzle is a bit big for what you would want to do with it.
    Gwyneth

Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi there

I am a ribbon freak and after a lot of experimentation the way I prefer is to attach the ribbon with the 'red' double sided tape. This makes attaching the ribbon very quick and easy. I then seal the ends with ordinary pva glue from a extra fine nozzle applicator (the one Anne Peak sells). However, I would think applying the pva with a cocktail stick as suggested above would work just as well in this situation.

Hope this helps