Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

Craft Room Storage / Expedit

At long last my pestering has paid off with hubby and he is now going to fit out one side of our spare bedroom with some proper storage.

I have a plastic trolley type thing and loads of boxes and I am forever trying to find stuff I need and sometimes even forget what I have

I keep seeing on here that people have the expedit range. Have any of you got any pics of what storage you have for your craft space or can anyone suggest what sort of storage I should be looking at.

I already have a 12x12 paper rack so dont need to store them but have loads of stamps, ink pads, punches, A4 papers/card, glues, pens, you know, the usual huge stash!

I dont really have an exact measurement of wall but only really have one side which is a good length but I just dont know where to start apart from a couple of desks

If anyone can help or suggest I would be very grateful ..

Thanks

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (82)
    I have a combination of the expedit 2x2's and 4x2's...........they are great for work surface space aswell as storage, very sturdy and can hold 12x12 albums.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    I have a combination of the expedit 2x2's and 4x2's...........they are great for work surface space aswell as storage, very sturdy and can hold 12x12 albums.
    Thanks for replying. I didnt even think about my albums and thats brill that they will fit because at the moment I have them stacked in a cardboard box!

I have seen the desk areas too so good to know that they are good surfaces .. will have to have a good look at them.

What do you use for the storage part, I see they do baskets, doors and drawers?

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

I do have one of the draw and cupboard inserts, but find these to cut down on the space the insert fits into so would not buy anymore. I have some stuff 'free standing', some in wicker type baskets and some in storage boxes I bought from Staples( the ones you snap together and have lids) I also use RUB boxes and the A4 size plastic boxes( these will stack 4 high with room at the sides), plastic pizza boxes fit nicely laying down too. Hope this helps.

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Just thought, the snap together boxes I got from Staples come in several different sizes, I use them all. They did do a large cube shaped one approx 12x12x12x12..........this fits in lovely and looks neat and tidy.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Yep, I love the Expedit and half my unit is albums. They look a bit like this:

In several units I have metal bucket/boxes from the Ikea gardening section. This is an older picture, but shows the buckets!

The hanging baskets for stamps are also from Ikea - in the kitchen section, meant for a rail and spice jars and stuff. It worked relatively well and I remembered to use the stamps, but when I rearranged I found I kept knocking them over so have since found a drawer for wood-mount stamps.

Hope that's a little help for your planning. Enjoy your new space!!

View Gallery

oh wow! Thanks so much for the pics .. its so much easier to see how it would work with actual craft stuff in it! Im loving the way you have it displayed .. so organised .. This is what Im looking forward to coz at the moment all my stickers and gems are in shoe boxes and its really hard to see what I have.

The albums fit great which is a bonus and I love the way you have put a label on the spine.

I never thought about looking at the kitchen section. I think I need to drag hubby to Ikea to have a good mooch around .. Thanks so much for the ideas

I wish I was.....in Austria VAL DER RE's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Shimelle,

Can I just say WOW! How neat are you, I would give almost anything to be that neat, why couldn't I take after my Mum! instead my craft room looks like it has been ransacked and it depresses me everytime I go in.
    Valx

Totally addicted to all things Vampire

My Blog http://cardscatscakes.blogspot.com/