Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

3 ring binders & page protectors

Do they all fit each other?
    Can you mix & match them?

I really like the Doodlebug Storybook albums and my birthday is coming up and I want to replace my postbound albums as I do not scrap chronologically (I get too bored scrapping all holiday/all Christmas/all birthday etc) & get frustrated at ending up with pizza boxes full of lo's because it's too much hassle with postbound to re-organise my albums. So I think the D ring albums will better suit my haphazard scrapping! However, I already have some 3 ring WRMK's page protectors.

Anyone out there with a selection of these albums who can shed some light please?
    Andrea
    Decorated Christmas A5 Notebook Swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have repunched holes in page protectors using my cropodile when they didn't fit

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I'm not going to answer your question, lol, but I thought I might offer a tip, if you're interested!

I don't know whether you'll be replacing ALL your postbound albums, but I was going to suggest that you keep some of them and use them for themes/years you scrap most often. I only have postbound because I don't have the room for D-ring albums (I've got LOTS of page, lol). So I have one for each child, one for this year, one for last year. Then I have one on the go for 'heritage' LOs because the order doesn't really matter, one for my own childhood photos, one for holidays each year, etc etc. Obviously there are a lot of albums, but it means that when I've finished a page I can usually slot it into one of them.

I know D-ring albums are easier, but you would still need to have LOs on each side of the page protector which followed on from each other, so unless you scrap them consecutively you'll still have to go back and slot another LO in, which is just the same as using a postbound album.

Mind you, I've still got pizza boxes full of pages, and it's not because I've got nowhere to put them, it's because I can't be bothered to 'file' each one before I go on to the next one!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    i am a d-ring convert - so much quicker and simpler. But like Helen suggested - I keep the postbound ones for less important layouts or xmas JYC etc.

I have the AC albums and they fit WRMK pockets perfectly so they must work in each others too. I have some other brand that fit AC but no idea who's they are. I think all 3 ring albums are the same setting so should fit. If not I have punched holes, bit of a hassle but works.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I've been told that all 3 ring albums fit all the 3 ring page protectors as they're a standard American size. I've been told for definite that Doodlebug page protectors fit the AC D ring albums as I've purchased some for PL and as that was from the shop I bought them from I'm hoping it's true
    If the only thing I lose today is my mind it'll be a miracle!!

http://shadesofpinkandsparkly.blogspot.co.uk/

View Gallery

Thanks for all the replies.

If Naim is saying that WRMK fit AC albums and Jenny says Doodlebug page protectors fit AC then they must all fit each other Oh I am pleased! I know I could punch holes with my cropadile, but I like everything to fit nicely and if I'm buying from new, I would rather go with what works already.

Helen, I will keep my postbound albums and try to use them as you suggested. I know I will still be fiddling a bit with D rings but trust me I have done nothing but swap pages and try and sort albums for so long that I'm sick of it. Also, the pain I have with many postbound albums is I cannot remember the make to order extensions so I have V shaped albums! I have also damaged a few lo's where they have caught as I've swapped them around

Go on, now somebody tell me they all take the same size extension posts!

Thanks again you lovely bunch!
    Andrea
    Decorated Christmas A5 Notebook Swap