Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: 365 Project

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

365 Project

Hey guys,

I've started my 365 project for the year and I wanna scrap it for my mum. Im fairly new to scrapbooking but I have a vague idea as my sis is a big scrapper.

Thing is as its for my mum I dont really want to do a large 12x12 album. Im also planning to make this fairly simple, few photos on each page, framed with paper and some journaling, so hopefully the pages wont have too many layers and will stay pretty flat. So I was thinking of maybe putting it into a bound book, like a blank journal, similar to this (www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190583272086?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1438.l2649#ht_2539wt_1398) but not as huge, but still with a fair amount of pages as obv its gonna have a lot of photos in it.

I've looked at sketch books and blank journals but they either very thin or im not sure of the paper? So I was just wondering if anyone had any idea... possibly not as im sure most of you scrap in the 'conventional' way but I thought it was worth a shot

Thanks, Penny

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Penny. It sounds like the digital edition of Project Life would be perfect for this.... You'd buy the elements, put them together digitally and then send it off for printing at the end of the year. Just not sure if it's UK available. I think they are being sold on the Jessica Sprague website. It sounds a lovely idea. Good Luck. Jude.x

Typical phrase: "Ooh I could scrap that!" Nabview's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Alexa [http://simplyalexa.typepad.com/trimmingthesails/] always has lots of inspiration for ways to scrap simply - in digital and hybrid, so her blog would definitely be worth a look.

If you did want to use just a book [rather than a scrapbook] I'd go for a spiral bound one which would cope better with the expanding pages through the year. Some regular photo albums [the non-sticky type] come spiral bound so that could maybe work too.
    Find me on my blog: Notes on Paper; on Twitter: @notesonpaper and here on Pinterest.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

thanks guys, some great ideas lots to think about heh

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Project Life is also available in traditional format, everything should be in at amazon in the next week, fingers crossed. It's super easy and there's absolutely NO guess work. Given that you're doing a project 365, it's the most simplest yet effective way of presenting your year's work. I'm doing the same thing this year Google 'Becky Higgins' to learn more!