Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Scrapping when I can... but not often enought :) Helen T's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Question MyMemories scrapbook software - email received, is it a scam???

I have received a email this morning from MyMemories, it says that the person the email is from has seen my blog and wanted to offer me 2 copies of the software (1 for me & 1 for blog candy).

My questions are these:
    Is this email a scam??
    Has anyone elso receivd the same email?
    Does anyone use MyMemorie?
    Is the software ant good?

Many thanks for your feedback

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    No doubt someone else will have some information about this, but I'm not quite sure how it can be a scam as it seems quite obvious what both parties will gain from it. You get free software (does it matter how good it is?) and they get some free publicity.

However, I would question how they picked you out. If your blog - I haven't looked yet, sorry! - has lots of digi pages on it, or could be picked up in a search for digi scrapping, then presumably they're just trawling the net for digi scrappers.

Is the software a disk or download? I would be very dubious about downloading anything unless I was absolutely sure about it, so you might like to think about that.

I'd love to know whether this is genuine or not!

ETA: Okay, I've looked at your blog now! You do have some dig pages on there, and you're also giving away some blog candy, so that would make sense.

Dedicated Scrapper kathyisshopping's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I googled my memories giveaway and there are loads of people that have been approached and offering the giveaway.
    I got the same email some time ago. I just ignored it, I'm not into digi scrapping at all, not my thing. As its free if you fancy havning a go why not.

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    I had the same thing and downloaded it as have some of my team members. Seems ok, not played much but they do have plenty of free kits so a good way to try it out before committing to any of the software you have to pay for!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (88)
    It is genuine hun, i had it and done a blog giveaway to, I'm not a digi scrapper really but i did have a play