Welcome 2019

by Mary Buttons

Sept week 3

by RED HEAD

Happy you + me

by Mary Buttons

Sept19 _ Friday 5 _ 6th

by new2this

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > UKS Art Journey

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    did you give it a real good shake before writing? otherwise sometimes it can come out a little watery....
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

My gorgeous grandsons (love 'em to bits :) ) chrisG's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    Suzie - with white pens it depends on what you are writing on - paint or ink?
    I find no matter what white pen I use, if i write over spray inks it will take on the colour underneath. If I write on paint it usually comes up white. I've never tried white pen over distress ink pads though so don't really know.
    Have you tried allowing the first white pen layer to dry and then going over it a second time? It may help!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Scattychick View Post
    I have done my page for this weeks prompt already my brain went in a different direction from everyone else but there's always one lol

http://scattychick.blogspot.com/2012...packaging.html
    Scrappychick - LOVE the colours you have used on this weeks prompt - unfortunately I'm having issues with blogger at the mo (wouldn't log me on) so couldn't leave a comment. Gorgeous page and elements

Find out who you are and do it on purpose.. gosie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Think I am going to have to take the plunge soon as I am so wanting to take part in this whole journey but I am stuck with my preconceptions holding me back.... I am going to go get the pen and JUST GO FOR IT!!!!!!
    Chell xxx

My Blog
    *~*Mojo Busters III CJHOME!!!!

View Gallery

In a minute.......
    Chell xxx

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Well finished my page on Preconceptions, I will try to put up a picture. I find its a hit & miss uploading pictures. You can look in my blog also.http://www.kayscraftylife.blogspot.com I am really enjoying this course the creative juices are flowing. thank you

View Gallery

Kay - I'm have issues with signing into google/blogger tonight so unable to leave you a message on your blog. but another beautiful page - I am amazed at all the techniques you use for creating your pages - well worth it as the results are stunning.
    Prayers and good wishes for your mum's speedy recovery.

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by gosie View Post
    Think I am going to have to take the plunge soon as I am so wanting to take part in this whole journey but I am stuck with my preconceptions holding me back.... I am going to go get the pen and JUST GO FOR IT!!!!!!
    Aw Chell, it sounds from your posts like you are really struggling with the business of taking a risk, being bold, and just going for it on your page.

I understand what you mean - my natural tendancy is perfectionisty, so I've had to learn techniques to train myself to be spontaneous and take risks.

But I think you are focusing too much on making a finished page you are pleased with, like a scrapbook layout. Art journaling really isn't about making 'showpiece' pages - it's supposed to be about experimenting with new techniques, trying things out, and just expressing yourself in an immediate way, mistakes and all. Some of your pages will go wrong and you learn from that, others will suddenly turn out surprisingly well. That's all part of it.

If you want to try an exercise to train spontaneous creativity (and which is specifically geared towards art journalling), I have one which I absolutely love. I can post it here, or pm you instructions if you're interested.
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    Daisy is so talented!
    ? I missed a reference somewhere I think, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    Just uploaded my page for this week to the gallery. I am starting to get into this now. It has taken me a while to decide exactly what I wanted to do this week, but got there in the end. I feel like I am going round in circles because I keep finding stuff I want to buy, but I am never satisfied with one bit of something, I have to have everything in the collection 'just in case' I want to do something with it.
    I'ma collector too ops:

Quote Originally Posted by gosie View Post
    I need to get on with my prompts... I seem to be ok for the background but scared to spoil them... so no journalling yet (bad art journalling person)...
    Chell, I saw a great tute on creating art, and she recommends that whern you get to the point where you're so please you don't want to spoil it, the best thing you can do is to spray and stamp or slatter something on it. Then you're not scared of ruining it because it's already ruined. Think I'd need to be a shade braver to try it though

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Hardiman View Post
    Well finished my page on Preconceptions, I will try to put up a picture. I find its a hit & miss uploading pictures. You can look in my blog also.http://www.kayscraftylife.blogspot.com I am really enjoying this course the creative juices are flowing. thank you
    Glad you joined us then Kay?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lemon View Post
    Aw Chell, it sounds from your posts like you are really struggling with the business of taking a risk, being bold, and just going for it on your page.

I understand what you mean - my natural tendancy is perfectionisty, so I've had to learn techniques to train myself to be spontaneous and take risks.

But I think you are focusing too much on making a finished page you are pleased with, like a scrapbook layout. Art journaling really isn't about making 'showpiece' pages - it's supposed to be about experimenting with new techniques, trying things out, and just expressing yourself in an immediate way, mistakes and all. Some of your pages will go wrong and you learn from that, others will suddenly turn out surprisingly well. That's all part of it.

If you want to try an exercise to train spontaneous creativity (and which is specifically geared towards art journalling), I have one which I absolutely love. I can post it here, or pm you instructions if you're interested.
    Claudia, this sounds good, it is a link or a document? I'm sure I can find a way to put it somewhere prominent so it doesn't get lost in the thread once we've moved on, if that's ok with you? x

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

View Gallery

Thanks I took the plunge and got the pen's out... I'm not sure about it but I did it... will take pics later.. but hubby's on a winge bout me spending time crafting/being creative...
    Chell xxx

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Chris for your kind words. I really enjoy using my stamps in backgrounds, and get wonderful inspiration from other blogs. I have finished my page on consumerism. I love the bright colours in this one. It makes me feel warm to look at it, reminds me of sunshine. I love the heat, should move to a warmer climate. I also LOVE to buy things, crafting supplies only, not into perfumes, makeup etc.---I love my STASH! my page is in my blog http://kayscraftylife.blogspot.com Will tryto upload a pic to this page. Thanks
    kayh xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.

+ Post New Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617