The Old Sea Dog

by scrapdolly

Aug19 _ Monthly House challenge

by new2this

Friday 5 Aug 16 th

by RED HEAD

Aug wk 2 - Sun Worshipper

by butterbee

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Jill love your page

I have the mojo, some ideas and had time yesterday but unfortunately my ME/Fibro had other ideas Hope to get to it today instead x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lemon View Post
    Will you manage to finish the Sketchbook? Less than 2 weeks left to post it. Mine was a bit of a mess and I wasn't very pleased with it, but it felt good to complete the task.
    oh absolutely - there is no way I'm giving up now! I only have two more double page spreads to do now, plus rebinding the book and doing something with the cover. Nearly there

I'm hoping to get it in the post next Monday, fingers crossed
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scattychick View Post
    Jill love your page

I have the mojo, some ideas and had time yesterday but unfortunately my ME/Fibro had other ideas Hope to get to it today instead x
    Oh dear. I really hope you feel better today and that you manage to put your ideas into practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    oh absolutely - there is no way I'm giving up now! I only have two more double page spreads to do now, plus rebinding the book and doing something with the cover. Nearly there

I'm hoping to get it in the post next Monday, fingers crossed
    Oh good Flo - you've put so much work in, so I'm glad you'll get it completed. You'll just have to skip work/housework/cooking/shopping if you run out of time! (Too bad, eh?! )
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lemon View Post
    Oh good Flo - you've put so much work in, so I'm glad you'll get it completed. You'll just have to skip work/housework/cooking/shopping if you run out of time! (Too bad, eh?! )

lol have been doing that for the past 6 weeks my own fault for leaving it all so late...

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    I've been AWOL with a poorly computer, and I get back to find you've all been chatting like mad! I'm pleased to report that loss of the internet meant I got LOADS of journalling done, in fact a positive outpouring of stuff! Now I've got to update my blog ...

Claudia that dark page is very powerful - I liked it a LOT.

View Gallery

Hi Rosie!! Do you know, I was just thinking earlier that you haven't been around for an unusually long time and was going to mention it on here - but here you are!

I'm glad it was the computer that was poorly, and not you. Can't wait to see what you've been up to...

Edited to add: Just had a look. Great stuff. I LOVE the butterfly/gate. Beautiful.
    Claudia

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    are you sitting down?

Are you ready for this...?

I have sploshed paint and ink and "stuff" around at last!!! Popped a couple of piccies on my blog for those interested. Note - not full page shots, one has personal journalling on and one I'm not yet finished with, but it's evidence that my paint brushes still work.

It feels soooo good to have done something, even if it's just a little something.

View Gallery

Hurrah for Vicki! It's awful when your mojo goes away isn't it - to have time and space but no inclination ... so glad to hear you are splodging away again and will look forward to the results!

Speaking of splodging ... I am STILL trying to love paint, but am just not getting it at all . Maybe its just not my natural medium, but I can't seem to get on with it and hate the chalkiness of the page when it dries. I will persevere though - it would be criminal to waste such a potentially great medium ... Who else struggles with particular techniques or materials - hope its not just ME??

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    Hurrah for Vicki! It's awful when your mojo goes away isn't it - to have time and space but no inclination ... so glad to hear you are splodging away again and will look forward to the results!
    I think Vicki's is the opposite problem, like mine, plenty of mojo but no time!

Speaking of splodging ... I am STILL trying to love paint, but am just not getting it at all . Maybe its just not my natural medium, but I can't seem to get on with it and hate the chalkiness of the page when it dries. I will persevere though - it would be criminal to waste such a potentially great medium ... Who else struggles with particular techniques or materials - hope its not just ME??
    paint I love, in all its myriad forms. the technique I wish I could get to grips with is collage, there are many collage artists that I really admire, but when I attempt it it falls flat

View Gallery

Vicki - Those detail snaps look fabulous, and isn't it a great feeling when it finally happens after a really long break! I'm still chuffed about getting over my own block!

Rosie.. You manage wonderfully with the neocolor crayons for your backgrounds - maybe paint just isn't your thing? But if you want to persevere with it, the type/brand of paint could be the issue. If you haven't tried Golden Fluid acrylics, that may be the breakthrough (it was for me). They are a joy to use, and there's no chalky effect when it dries (I hate that too - it sets my teeth on edge). I ditched the acrylic set I started with once I tried the Golden ones - they are like a completely different medium.

And on that question of struggling with techniques, I've totally lost my confidence in hand lettering. I also tend to make a mess of stamping. My art resolution for 2012 is to try some completely new techniques (especially simple printmaking) and generally be more adventurous.
    Claudia

View Gallery

That's an interesting idea Claudia - I just have bog standard acrylics but I do have a LOT of them, from an earlier time in my crafting life. It seems criminal not to use them up .... but might give the Golden ones a go, just in a few basic colours.

I recently kicked my lettering up a gear, inspired by Teesha Moore's work - I studied her lettering then practiced on rough paper and in my notebook until I got confident at it. I work out the letters (obviously I've adapted Teesha's somewhat) trying upper and lower case and so on until I'm fairly happy, then I have a little notebook in which I record the basic alphabet I've come up with. I use the same book to record colour experiments with Promarkers too. One thing I do is PRACTICE a lot before I try it out on a page .... HTH

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Thanks for the comments on my pages. Sarah's right though, I'm time challenged rather than lacking mojo. I could make time today but I have some work to do then its strictly family time. I'd quite like to make a batch of cup cakes today as well. Ive baked two loaves of bread since Christmas, and that's been it on the baking front. Think the shop has just taken over my life and i need to find a balance again.

View Gallery

Vicki, glad you're taking some time out from work for family etc (and baking? Mmm!)

I've been doing arty stuff all day (I'm on a real roll at the mo) - trying different techniques, sketching and working on journal pages. Don't seem to have finished very much though (...always the way with me.)

I was so absorbed I didn't eat any lunch, so early dinner for me..
    Claudia

He can find me in the moonlight anytime Mollymoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    anyone done one of Adiranna Almanza online classes - they any good?

View Gallery

Ordered primary colours plus white in the Golden Acrylics on the principle that I can then mix any colours from these ... went to your shop first Vicki but I see that you don't use them. Are they something you might consider stocking cos I'd rather buy from you if possible!

Will let you know whether they "convert" me to paint or not ... and of course I'll have to learn to love gesso too

+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast