Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Silhouette Studio won't start

I'm hoping the cameo arrives tomorrow so downloaded Silhouette Studio 2.2.0 from the silhouette america website.

It all installs fine but when I come to run it, it hangs on the little splash screen after whilst saying "Initializing..."

It just stops responding at that point, I've tried re-installing, rebooting, compatability settings etc and still nothing.

Can't see anything on the web about it so just wondered if anyone else had had similar.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Please forgive if you think this a silly question. How long did you leave it initialising? The first run takes longer to install than opening up the program.
    Fiona

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I left it for about 35 minutes, but checking the processes it's using no cpu, no memory and no disk activity so looks to be completley stalled. It also says "not responding"

View Gallery

Okay. You've done all the checks and 35 mins, well, that's long enough. Switch off and call Graphtec in the morning. Its quicker and saves you a headache. If you did manage to post an email to Silhouette America, you will probably have an answer in the morning.....tame and bland and usually asking for screen shots etc.....

BTW, do you have a previous Studio version on the computer? If so, did it run ok?
    Fiona

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

No previous version.

I take it I don't need the Cameo plugged in?

I've tried RoboCraft software which runs OK but is old and clunky and doesn't do what I want, I've also tried Inkscape but it doesn't open up the GSD files I have.

I was looking for a previous version to try or a beta version but couldn't find anything

Just trying it on the old PC

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Works fine on old PC, that will have to do for now! Similar setup too with Windows 7 64 bit, just much slower!

Oh well would have preferred it on the laptop but never mind

View Gallery

Cameo needn't be plugged in when installing software. Im sure someone will have an answer if you don't get hold of Brian at Graphtec first. If I can think of anything else, Ill come back to you. Unfortunately, I don't know how to provide you with a link to a previously working version. Sorry.
    Fiona

View Gallery

Are you sure it all downloaded? I know we had a few problems a while back, the download was slow and some people where closing their browser before they got all of the download.

I would try again when you have first booted up your PC.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes it fully downloaded and the install process runs successfully. I've used the same install file on the old PC which works fine.

It starts to load, and loads the fonts and the icons etc, but then on the laptop it just stops when it gets to "Initializing...", the bar below stops moving too. On the old PC it only stays on this bit for about 1 second.

I've tried removing all the other software - Robo Master etc, rebooted and reinstalled but it still stops at the same point.

I've also disabled Anti-virus but that made no difference.

View Gallery

I'm sure we have had this problem in previous threads and it seems laptops are the problem, why I have no idea, have you tried a search for 'laptop' in case the solution is there? If not I think you will need to contact GUK.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Maybe it's a particular make of laptop. I'm using W7 on my laptop with Studio or could it be Studio is conflicting with some other programme you have installed

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I had this problem....was driving me mad!!!!!!! Discovered that my version of SpyBot was interfeering with it....so had to go back a version on SpyBot!!!
    SpyBot thought there was something wrong with it!!!!

View Gallery

This may help....
    If you have the anti-virus software on disc or it is a free download then it may be worth trying a complete un-install of your programme rather than disable. I had similar problem with a different design programme conflicting with Norton and this fixed it. Easy enough to re-install the anti-virus programme after.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jackinthebox View Post
    I had this problem....was driving me mad!!!!!!! Discovered that my version of SpyBot was interfeering with it....so had to go back a version on SpyBot!!!
    SpyBot thought there was something wrong with it!!!!
    SpyBot may have changed, but about 4 years ago SpyBot almost destroyed my HDD's, luckily my OH was computer engineer and still has all his disks and stuff, so he managed to get everything off the discs. The computer wouldn't even boot up I thought I had lost every thing it was a nightmare. Needless to say I did not put it on the new set up, I couldn't stand to go through that again.

Paper crafter
    View Gallery

I'm having the same problem with Studio, using Toshiba i3 Laptop. Graphtec are away until Tuesday. They know I have a problem, but weren't able to get back to me. I am learning patience... I have done everything possible. I am wondering if this issue has a solution? I've looked through the search for Cameo and Laptop, but not found anyone that's had a solution.

Happy New Year.
    Melody ~ Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
    -- unknown, though often attributed to Albert Camus