Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dedicated Scrapper christina-jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yes Lucille i've tried everything (for a change) been at it all day i can get them to work if i only put them in so far, i was supposed to do a wedding card for my daughters girls dad (long story) i can just print it but the pen colour is perfect.
    Christine x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by christina-jane View Post
    Yes Lucille i've tried everything (for a change) been at it all day i can get them to work if i only put them in so far, i was supposed to do a wedding card for my daughters girls dad (long story) i can just print it but the pen colour is perfect.
    Hi Christina

I will try the pen option for you later on today, what font did you use?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've used the pens on my Cameo too and there was no problem.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Angel13 View Post
    Hi Christina

I will try the pen option for you later on today, what font did you use?
    It was happening with them all i managed to get it done just putting the pen in so far only waisted 4 sheets of card the font was nuptials very appropriate ! finished it at 4.30am it's taken longer to make the card than for daddy of the year to get married lol. Ho just thought are the pens ment to be in to the fat bit ?
    Christine x

View Gallery

Christine then pen should slot in the blade holder as far as the ridge where the pen widens, if yours are going in further than that, either the pens are faulty or the blade housing in the machine is.

Did you ever use a pen holder? If so did that always work OK? If the answer is yes, yes I think a phone call to GUK is in order in case there is a batch of faulty pens.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

It was happening with them all i managed to get it done just putting the pen in so far only waisted 4 sheets of card the font was nuptials very appropriate ! finished it at 4.30am it's taken longer to make the card than for daddy of the year to get married lol. Ho just thought are the pens ment to be in to the fat bit ?

Hi Christina

Sometimes a picture answers all the questions, so I have attached 2 pictures showing a silhouette pen in action....Hope this helps......
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Okay i've tried all the pens the glitter pack are the worst dragging lines everywhere, the starter pack the black and the blue left slight marks,the the silver and bronze left slight marks so will send an e-mail to silhouette America as thats the name on the pack's. Lucille i didn't get them from graphtec so i can't see them being any help. thanks to all of you for your help.
    Christine x

View Gallery

Okay i've tried all the pens the glitter pack are the worst dragging lines everywhere, the starter pack the black and the blue left slight marks,the the silver and bronze left slight marks so will send an e-mail to silhouette America as thats the name on the pack's. Lucille i didn't get them from graphtec so i can't see them being any help. thanks to all of you for your help.
    I would still contact Graphtec because the pens come from them any way and if it isn't the pens that are faulty, it could be the machine, from everything you have said I can't see how you can go wrong putting the pen into the housing.

Just a thought, but is the font one you installed in Windows and then used in Studio or was it one of the Hershey fonts from Inkscape?

View Gallery

Lucille it doesn't matter what font i use it's the glitter pens that are the worst with the metallics coming a close second, I e-mailed silhouette America last night they replied to do the the tests again making sure the lid was up i had already told them it was but did it again told them all the settings ect. even the batch no. of the pens and sent the photo's i'd taken so fingers crossed i hear back on monday.
    Christine x

View Gallery

Lucille it doesn't matter what font i use it's the glitter pens that are the worst with the metallics coming a close second, I e-mailed silhouette America last night they replied to do the the tests again making sure the lid was up i had already told them it was but did it again told them all the settings ect. even the batch no. of the pens and sent the photo's i'd taken so fingers crossed i hear back on monday.
    You should contact Graphtec UK, isn't that where you bought them from the via the Crafty Club?

View Gallery

No i forgot about them so i googled and found them ( how thick am i) i think now my blade is blunt as it's not cutting clean even when i put it up to 4 + 33 if there's paper stuck up it i can see it i have blown after every cut and tried a aqua brush ! i know i have cut about 12-13 cards @ 200-250gsm but i did think it would last longer.
    Christine x