Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    As said before I don't personally think all this blade problem is down to the blades I think if all members remember back when we first got our CraftROBO's then the same problem happened there too... with (I can't cut this and I can't cut that) Everyone needs to test cut to see which settings cut which card not just give the machine the thickest card they have and send it to cut, then wonder why it doesn't cut or the blade is blunt or not cutting.

For a start Graphtec have already stated that the machine is less cutting force than the smaller machine ..But with the new blade it's cutting thicker media.But once again not all of use the same media brought from the same place.

As for defending the machine well I don't really see how you can say that Angela? You seem to be cutting with your blade.. no-one is asking you to defend the machine on other forums as Graphtec only Sponsor this one.. Dedicated to Members here, If anyone has a problem then they are always ready to help if obviously they have been contacted about the problem in the first place. As for your remark you made regarding (about time) How can anyone react when they don't know?

View Gallery

[
    The Cameo will cut thicker card, between 300gsm and 350gsm, but the thicker the card, the quicker the blade will loose its edge.

Hi Phil

I have contacted your office by email and phone today. Using one design, I cut out on setting 3 with no problems. I test cut all my card currently, but today, I've been up to setting 10 once I needed to cut one piece of thicker card. It no longer cuts anything.

I can't say Im disappointed. Actually, I'm really angry. The test cut was fine, but while a blade will blunt quicker as you say....it should not blunt in the middle of a design. The card test cut well on setting 5. It cut the top layer and did not go through the back of the card from 3/4 of the design. The template was previously cut on lighter card stock and it was downloaded from the Silhouette website, so I have no issues there.

Is it possible, as soon as leaving setting three, there is an issue with pressure. I ask this because I can no longer cut my lightest card (setting 2) at all. Nothing.
    Fiona

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Hi Fiona

I have just logged in and checked your email now, from your description of the problem, I would not say that you have blunted the blade, instead it sounds like the blade has detached from the bearing. You encountered a very sudden loss of force which would be a typical symptom for this problem.

I will have Brian contact you on Monday morning when our office opens, and if this is the case we can swop out the blade.

Phil

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

When I first got my Cameo and started testing things I started with Vinyl (just the basic silhouette vinyl) and so on to thicker materials. According to the software your supposed to cut vinyl in depth 1. The first time it was possible, but after that I cut cardstock and somewhat thicker paper (looks like the thickness of cereal boxes)and now I can't cut vinyl on depth 1 any more, as it won't go through, it's the same with cardstock on depth 3. As a result I now cut all stuff one or two depths higher than said in the program.

View Gallery

it sounds like the blade has detached from the bearing. You encountered a very sudden loss of force which would be a typical symptom for this problem.

I will have Brian contact you on Monday morning when our office opens, and if this is the case we can swop out the blade.

Phil
    Thank you Phil.

Does it mean it could happen again...is it pressure/software related? I'm confused about this but feel this means that not one but two spare blades need to be purchased by owners
    Fiona

View Gallery

Hi Phil

Just to clarify, if you think the blade is away from the housing, I can still take it to setting 10 and see the blade protruding okay, and it retracts back as normal. So do you think it is still the same problem?
    Fiona

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Hi Fiona

Possibly not then, but don't worry, I am sure Brian will get to the bottom of it and we can get you sorted quickly.

Phil

View Gallery

Ok, thank you
    Fiona

View Gallery

Sorry Phil, Ive just tested your theory about blunt tips, wrong settings etc.

Im using the lightest card stock, a brand new blade out of the packet and a test cut won't go through on the cut settings, going higher not much more impact. Im afraid, I have less patience than most here. I will probably return both blades, but thankfully I will go back to Robo in the meantime while I debate returning the Cameo too.

Silhouette, IMHO, want their users to cut 'PAPER' and heavier 'PAPER'. What I call card stock, it doesn't live up to its promises.

I hope others have much more success.
    Fiona

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by prinsje View Post
    When I first got my Cameo and started testing things I started with Vinyl (just the basic silhouette vinyl) and so on to thicker materials. According to the software your supposed to cut vinyl in depth 1. The first time it was possible, but after that I cut cardstock and somewhat thicker paper (looks like the thickness of cereal boxes)and now I can't cut vinyl on depth 1 any more, as it won't go through, it's the same with cardstock on depth 3. As a result I now cut all stuff one or two depths higher than said in the program.
    I seem to be having a similar problem in that 160 gsm and 220 gsm card cut fine at first with the suggested settings but to cut exactly the same card now I am having to go 2 depths higher to get it to cut through the card. If I use the blades with caps from my silhouette they cut perfectly on much lower settings with the yellow cap. I haven't tried cutting thicker card yet but it has occurred to me that the problem started after I had cut some perforated lines so I'm wondering if that has had an effect. I've only cut about 5 cards on the machine so I'm sure I can't have worn the blade out yet !!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    There does seem to be a lot of us with the same problem Shirley, have a look at what Jez says here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I seem to be having a similar problem in that 160 gsm and 220 gsm card cut fine at first with the suggested settings but to cut exactly the same card now I am having to go 2 depths higher to get it to cut through the card. If I use the blades with caps from my silhouette they cut perfectly on much lower settings with the yellow cap. I haven't tried cutting thicker card yet but it has occurred to me that the problem started after I had cut some perforated lines so I'm wondering if that has had an effect. I've only cut about 5 cards on the machine so I'm sure I can't have worn the blade out yet !!
    I'm someone who likes to have back-up stuff at the house, so when i bought the Cameo I also bought an extra blade. And between the used one and the new one I can see the difference. If I still had the old blade I would have used that one, because just as you say the 'new' blade loses it's edge very quickly.

View Gallery

Yes Shirley my findings are the same as yours. I don't think settings 1,2 and 3 are similar to the coloured caps. Until today having to cut beyond setting 3 has blunted my blade. But having moved to new blade and lighter card, leaves me thinking the problem is neither consistent and will ultimately be expensive, because the card is cutting in places as though there is a burr on the tip - one card and one new blade????????

On another thread, the blade may be redesigned but it could be a long and costly wait.
    Last edited by fimcc4168; 26-11-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Name change
    Fiona

View Gallery

Hello all,
    I received my new cameo blade today bought from Graphtec (very quick delivery i must add my hat off to Graphtec.)
    But the strange thing is it has to be on a higher setting for 160gram card than the last blade it will only cut right through on setting 4,but my old blade only lasted about four cuts!!! so i went back to my old robo blade and it was old lots of cuts on that and that one cuts right through the same card on the yellow cap
    Think i will stick to the robo blade it seems to to do the jobs the cameo blade cant!!!
    Perhaps i am being to cautious with my new blade, saying that it has not clogged up with any debris yet and i am using exactly the same card as before.
    I will have to wait and see. but i dont relish having to replace my blade as often as it seems you might have to.

Dakflowers

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakflowers View Post
    Hello all,
    I received my new cameo blade today bought from Graphtec (very quick delivery i must add my hat off to Graphtec.)
    But the strange thing is it has to be on a higher setting for 160gram card than the last blade it will only cut right through on setting 4,but my old blade only lasted about four cuts!!! so i went back to my old robo blade and it was old lots of cuts on that and that one cuts right through the same card on the yellow cap
    Think i will stick to the robo blade it seems to to do the jobs the cameo blade cant!!!
    Perhaps i am being to cautious with my new blade, saying that it has not clogged up with any debris yet and i am using exactly the same card as before.
    I will have to wait and see. but i dont relish having to replace my blade as often as it seems you might have to.

Dakflowers
    Dakflowers I found my spare Robo blade works better in the Cameo than the Robo. Card that I use to cut in the Robo with the pink cap and a double cut I can cut on the Cameo with a single cut and less pressure. With thin practice card I had to change to a yellow cap, single cut and light pressure the second time as the first time using pink cap, single cut, medium pressure chewed the thin card up in places.

Just maybe a Robo style blade with more coloured caps might fix the problem or a stronger blade just for thicker materials like the C*****t machines. One Cameo blade for all thickness does not seem to be working. I would not mind the Robo style with more caps as it would be easier to clean and still use blade pins.